HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marian Hossa

Old
10-11-2010, 11:44 PM
nbozich22

vCash: 500
Marian Hossa

He's a F***ING BEAST

nbozich22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Sevanston

He's the best player on the ice.

I was really skeptical of Hossa last year. I knew he would be great, but I saw a ton of people buying Hossa jerseys before the man had even played a game for us. He quickly shut me up.

This year though? He's really made me a believer. Definitely our MVP.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Hawksfan12*

When Healthy I think he is one of the best players in the NHL. Look what he can do with a #1 C so far.

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Toews is a tank

All I have to say is...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P4VlWucGiY

Toews is a tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 12:37 AM
BG629

big hoss is a boss

BG629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:26 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

When he wants it, there aren't many better.

One of the league's most underrated players.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:27 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 800
Refreshing to see a thread not complaining about a player. Hossa has by far been the strongest player out there. He'll have a nice pile of points if he keeps it up and stays injury free for the rest of the season.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:40 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Yep Hossa is far and away our best player

Now with that said ,,,,,, We have to break him and his BFF up

Kopecky belongs in bottom 6 , not top 6 (Same goes for Pisani)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Spectra
Registered boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I love Hossa and he's a great player.

Wouldn't say he's "far and away our best player" though. You could make a case for either but Duncan Keith is the best player on the Hawks imo.

Spectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 08:42 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Now with that said ,,,,,, We have to break him and his BFF up

Kopecky belongs in bottom 6 , not top 6 (Same goes for Pisani)
Hossa's our best player and he needs to stay with Toews. As far as the LW spot on their line, the only guys I feel more comfortable with are Morin and Makarov. Skille would probably hamper Hossa's game too much with his cherry picking. I suppose you could put Brouwer there, but we're just plain short two top 6 LW's.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:27 AM
MrSerious

LOL Hossa's cursed.

MrSerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:34 AM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

The breakaway goal last night was sweet

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

They don't call him Marian the Barbarian for nothing. Sucked bad when the Pens were basically an inch away from locking him up long term but left for the wings (although watching him lose to the Pens the following June was better than awesome). Glad for you guys. Hossa is arguably the best two-way forward in the NHL.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Suburbanbear

I just hope people don't turn on him if he isn't raking up multiple points per game. While he does have that ability he is so much more than that. He is a bull with the puck and has the ability to turn a bad play into an opportunity. He gets to where he needs to be off the puck and protects it while moving his feet constantly when he has it. He really is a pleasure to watch scoring or not.

Suburbanbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Rush22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanbear View Post
I just hope people don't turn on him if he isn't raking up multiple points per game. While he does have that ability he is so much more than that. He is a bull with the puck and has the ability to turn a bad play into an opportunity. He gets to where he needs to be off the puck and protects it while moving his feet constantly when he has it. He really is a pleasure to watch scoring or not.
When Patrick Kane is not putting up points he has very little value to this team but with Marian Hossa his strength on the puck and great play in his own end still makes him a valuable asset when he is not netting points, as he showed in last season playoffs. Hossa has been our most consistent player.

Rush22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Suburbanbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathyou View Post
When Patrick Kane is not putting up points he has very little value to this team but with Marian Hossa his strength on the puck and great play in his own end still makes him a valuable asset when he is not netting points, as he showed in last season playoffs. Hossa has been our most consistent player.
Great analogy --- right on

Although I think Kane's game is evolving and he is becoming more of a complete player -- that kid has some sick puck handling skills. I wonder if playing with Hossa and Toews (who also is a complete player and I see as a younger version of a Hossa) helps Kane

Old
10-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

A healthy, confident and relaxed (no more 'jinx' nonsense to deal with) Hossa is a joy to watch.

A great player.

Hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:41 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkochalek View Post
They don't call him Marian the Barbarian for nothing. Sucked bad when the Pens were basically an inch away from locking him up long term but left for the wings (although watching him lose to the Pens the following June was better than awesome). Glad for you guys. Hossa is arguably the best two-way forward in the NHL.
I was at the Pittsburgh preseason game and Pens fans were all over Hossa. I talked to a few of them throughout the game and they just flat out hate the guy. I don't really get it though, it's not like he was obligated to sign with them. It would be like us hating Brett Hull for signing with the Stars.

Old
10-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I was at the Pittsburgh preseason game and Pens fans were all over Hossa. I talked to a few of them throughout the game and they just flat out hate the guy. I don't really get it though, it's not like he was obligated to sign with them. It would be like us hating Brett Hull for signing with the Stars.
He did basically threw them and their team under the bus by saying he had a better chance of winning by signing with the guys who just knocked them out of the SCF.

What if the Flyers had won, and Kane went off to join them citing the same reason?

Also, remember Chelios? People still hate his guts for a similar situation that was even less his fault.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:54 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
He did basically threw them and their team under the bus by saying he had a better chance of winning by signing with the guys who just knocked them out of the SCF.

What if the Flyers had won, and Kane went off to join them citing the same reason?

Also, remember Chelios? People still hate his guts for a similar situation that was even less his fault.
But they acquired him at the deadline. He basically had no affiliation with them. If they wanted more than a rental, they should have negotiated the extension when they traded for him. Obviously it would have made it harder to clear cap later, but that's the risk they took.

Old
10-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Toews is a tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
LOL Hossa's cursed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF5t0A2FlLQ

Toews is a tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 01:38 AM
Tommy Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
But they acquired him at the deadline. He basically had no affiliation with them. If they wanted more than a rental, they should have negotiated the extension when they traded for him. Obviously it would have made it harder to clear cap later, but that's the risk they took.
He shouldn't have made the comment that he signed with the team that gave him a better chance to win the cup. He could have signed with the Pens for more money and longer term but dissed them publicly when he signed with the ded wings.

Tommy Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 12:10 PM
czechmate25

Like most fan bases, unless you watch Hossa night in and night out, you don't know how great he is. When Pitts traded for Hoss at the deadline, their fans were in an up roar for two reasons. First, they didn't know much about Hossa (or how good he is) and they felt it was too much to give up for a playoff rental.....yes, even at the time of the trade, they viewed that move as a playoff rental. Second, Colby Armstrong was one of the players going the other way and at that time, he was Crosby's little butt buddy. It wasn't until after they realized how awesome he was did their view change. Soon, Hossa shirts and jerseys were everywhere.....so of course after he decided to sign elsewhere, thats when the hate began.

Basically the fans were mad at first b/c they thought the team gave up too much for a playoff rental....then they were really mad after they realized what a great player he was and he didn't want to stay.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 12:47 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Hawk View Post
He shouldn't have made the comment that he signed with the team that gave him a better chance to win the cup. He could have signed with the Pens for more money and longer term but dissed them publicly when he signed with the ded wings.
So what? They had zero claim to him or his loyalty.

People rip on players for just playing for the money and then they rip on a guy who is just playing to win.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Suburbanbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
So what? They had zero claim to him or his loyalty.

People rip on players for just playing for the money and then they rip on a guy who is just playing to win.

I think its just tough to hear a guy not wanting to play for "your" team. Sports wouldn't mean anything if fans weren't so passionate about their teams. I can't think of a sport where a guy willingly leaves money on the table to play in another place and the fans not hating the guy. Look at the latest basketball situation with LeBron....oh wait a minute the fans there are racist