HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marian Hossa

Old
10-13-2010, 12:34 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

vCash: 500
Negative comments about players like Hossa leaving or not signing with certain teams is idiotic. Hossa never refused to play through his contracts. If Pitt wanted him, they should have signed him long term or to an extension. If Detroit wanted him, they should have given him more than a one year deal. I'm sure those who blast Hossa have never left a current job for one with better pay or better benefits or less travel or a different boss or less stress. If you have you're a hippocrate.

Hossa landed here long term and we are lucky to have him. Many criticized the singing here as too much/too long and costing us TKK. He does more than any other forward on the ice. In the end, we thought Hossa was worth the long term money, Detroit and Pitt did not.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Negative comments about players like Hossa leaving or not signing with certain teams is idiotic. Hossa never refused to through his contracts. If Pitt wanted him, they should have signed him long term or to an extension. If Detroit wanted him, they should have given him more than a one year deal.

Hossa landed here long term and we are lucky to have him. Many criticized the singing here as too much/too long and costing us TKK. He does more than any other forward on the ice.
It's just a natural feeling as a fan. Relax. If one of our stud players signed with Detroit or Vancouver, and said it was because he thought he had a better chance at winning a cup...you can bet a lot of us would despise the player.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 12:49 PM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
Quote:
In the end, we thought Hossa was worth the long term money, Detroit and Pitt did not.
Pitt offered him the money and years, and Detroit couldn't afford it. Obviously Pitt did think he was worth it, he just didn't take it. Detroit had different plans. I guess I don't see much of the Detroit hate either.

The way I see it. The guy wants to win, made some decisions along the way as to what was best for him, and it didn't work out at first, but then it did. Why should he be despised? We all make our decisions, and sometimes the results aren't as planned.

If one of our players didn't sign a new contract because he wanted to play elsewhere, I might feel disappointed, but I can't see a reason to hate the guy over it.

AbeLincolnsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 01:03 PM
sedag

His play at both ends of the ice is fun to watch but right now his shot is what I'm in awe of, it's looking heavy and accurate. He beat Ryan Miller like a rented goalie the other night. Twice.

sedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 02:10 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
It's just a natural feeling as a fan. Relax. If one of our stud players signed with Detroit or Vancouver, and said it was because he thought he had a better chance at winning a cup...you can bet a lot of us would despise the player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeLincolnsGhost View Post
Pitt offered him the money and years, and Detroit couldn't afford it. Obviously Pitt did think he was worth it, he just didn't take it. Detroit had different plans. I guess I don't see much of the Detroit hate either.

The way I see it. The guy wants to win, made some decisions along the way as to what was best for him, and it didn't work out at first, but then it did. Why should he be despised? We all make our decisions, and sometimes the results aren't as planned.

If one of our players didn't sign a new contract because he wanted to play elsewhere, I might feel disappointed, but I can't see a reason to hate the guy over it.
Where are the statements from Hossa that I went to team X soley to win? None of us our privy to everything that goes on in contract discussions. Most of the stuff that comes out after a player leaves is misinformation. I do not believe Pitt believed they could sign him to a long term deal with other key free agents coming due. I also believe they felt he was not worth that type of money. Seemed like a classic rental situation to me.

The teams that courted him all had a good shot at going to the SCF but nothing is guaranteed. I think for Hossa it came down to long term security and consistency after playing for three teams in two years. Chicago was an up and coming franchise but no lock to go all the way. He helped that happen.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:44 PM
nbozich22

I was at the game tonight .. Everytime hossa was on the ice BJ fans got real nervous and I giggled like a little girl Hahah. In my opinion, he should have toews #3 spot on that top 50 list.

nbozich22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 10:13 PM
JUICEY*

He is seriously looking like the best player in the league. His defense is just amazing and his offense is looking like it did 4 or 5 years ago.

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Corey Perry*

He's been great for my fantasy team!!

Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 10:51 PM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
Quote:
Where are the statements from Hossa that I went to team X soley to win? None of us our privy to everything that goes on in contract discussions. Most of the stuff that comes out after a player leaves is misinformation. I do not believe Pitt believed they could sign him to a long term deal with other key free agents coming due. I also believe they felt he was not worth that type of money. Seemed like a classic rental situation to me.

The teams that courted him all had a good shot at going to the SCF but nothing is guaranteed. I think for Hossa it came down to long term security and consistency after playing for three teams in two years. Chicago was an up and coming franchise but no lock to go all the way. He helped that happen.
When he signed with Detroit I was under the impression he signed for less money and years and outwardly said it was because it gave him the best chance to win a cup. Which would lead me to believe he signed there to win. After that I am not sure what happened but I don't think Detroit could afford to give him what he wanted at that point.

AbeLincolnsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 12:15 AM
massivegoonery

I was somewhat critical of him last year but, in my defense, he sure as **** wasn't playing like he is now. The guy is an absolute beast, one of the best players I've ever seen play.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 01:37 AM
crimsonking

Quote:
When he signed with Detroit I was under the impression he signed for less money and years and outwardly said it was because it gave him the best chance to win a cup. Which would lead me to believe he signed there to win. After that I am not sure what happened but I don't think Detroit could afford to give him what he wanted at that point.
From what I remember, when he first signed I think it was all about having Detroit with the chance at a cup. When the option to resign him came up, I think Detroit had many players to sign back, and made it tough to get a deal done for the amount/time he wanted.

Last edited by crimsonking: 10-16-2010 at 01:48 AM.
crimsonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 01:40 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
If I recall the Oilers were throwing a huge deal at him (80 mil wasn't it?)

If it was about money or job security he would have went to Oilers. He wanted to win and took less + 1 year from Wings cause he felt they gave him best chance to win

Nearly was proven right but Wings fell just short

Then he signed his final deal here as he felt we had a great chance of doing something special ,,,,, And he was right

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:25 AM
Ivanko

Quote:
If I remember correctly, Detroit could sign only one of Hossa and Franzen, and decided to go with Franzen. He played only 27 games for them last year but then was great in playoffs. Now he is injured again. Maybe they would be better off keeping Hossa. But for Hossa, the move to Chicago turned out very well..

Ivanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Washington Capitals

I would love to see him reach the 100 points plateau once again.

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:44 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Hossa is playing like the single best two-way hockey player I've ever see don the Indian Head. There is simply nothing he doesn't do well.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Hossa is playing like the single best two-way hockey player I've ever see don the Indian Head. There is simply nothing he doesn't do well.
fight?

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 01:49 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
If I recall the Oilers were throwing a huge deal at him (80 mil wasn't it?)

If it was about money or job security he would have went to Oilers. He wanted to win and took less + 1 year from Wings cause he felt they gave him best chance to win

Nearly was proven right but Wings fell just short

Then he signed his final deal here as he felt we had a great chance of doing something special ,,,,, And he was right
Yeah and it pisses me off that he seems to play (and want to win) so much better in Chicago than he did here.

His regular season was great, but he just lost it in the playoffs. Scoring in 3 games is not something you should be getting out of a guy like that.

Hawksfan74: He wanted a one time chance at a cup. He almost got it in Detroit. How you don't know this is beyond me.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

Best player in the world right now.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 08:54 PM
nbozich22

Does he ever miss on the breakaway??

nbozich22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Araxen*

Instead of the Big 2 "Ovi and Crosby" it should change to include Hossa in there. In fact I believe Hossa is a better player than both of them.

Araxen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 10:33 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbozich22 View Post
Does he ever miss on the breakaway??
No.

You know a guy is good when the goalie makes a one-on-one save on him and you are utterly astounded that it could even happen. I know it's happened, it's just hard to recall when he potted pretty much every good shot he's taken.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxen View Post
Instead of the Big 2 "Ovi and Crosby" it should change to include Hossa in there. In fact I believe Hossa is a better player than both of them.
....I'd strongly re-consider this, if I were you.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 10:42 PM
JUICEY*

I recall Hossa getting stopped on quite a few breakaways last season.

Look what happens when he makes them at an almost perfect rate.

Also, it looks like he is able to look more offensively when on a line with Toews. He hasn't been floating, but he has been looking for the outlet pass much much more. I like Toews on his line.

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Central PA Hawk Fan

Hossa = BEASTMODE

Right now if there is a player playing better I'd like to see it. I like how he went in to the corner against 2 Sabre players and fought for the puck and cam out with it 30 seconds later. Utterly unstoppable right now.

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:02 PM
IJReilly

He's an animal. The scary thing is, the guy is putting up big numbers in spite of Kopecky mucking things up half the time, and Toews, who's been the year's biggest disappointment thus far. With a little more help from his line-mates who knows how many points Hossa could have right now?

IJReilly is offline   Reply With Quote