HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News & Notes 2010-2011

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2010, 04:01 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
When has BB not juggled lines? Shuffling lines is the type of adjusting that he has always done, it's actually adjusting the system and strategy that he doesn't do much of.

Laich, Nicky, and Sasha have been together before and played pretty well together in the playoffs in 2009. Only Laich averaged less than a point/game. There's a chance for somewhat of a 1A and 1B scenario with two high-end scoring lines.
Good point, and he may overjuggle. Normally his juggling is about finding a home for Flash. And Flash is right in the middle of this current move, promoted to 1C after game 3. Who called that.

But he normally doesnt do much tweaking with his top line. Semin spells Knuble sometimes. Thats about it. Come playoff time two years ago, he went Ovi Feds Kozlov. That line was untested in the regular season IIRC, and didnt do much at all. LBS was largely untested until the playoffs. They did good.

What this is all about? Having options when he only has one scoring line next playoffs.

Old
10-12-2010, 04:04 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

vCash: 500
Carlson should be coming up on LaVar and Dukes within a few minutes (online here: http://player.radio.com/player/Radio...00&station=114)

Old
10-12-2010, 04:07 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
It could work.. I guess another way to look at it, Chimera's speed makes for an interesting 4th line, one that has at least some sort of a weapon on it to catch opponents off-guard.

Actually, in the preseason I was hoping for Chimera on the 4th line, as well, although the motivation for that was MP in the lineup and Flash to 3rd line LW..
I just dont want Chimera's salary to dictate things. It almost surely doesn't, but when you look at player salaries, they are indeed often reflected in what line they are on. Again, its more about rewarding Hendricks. Just for a period. Show everyone that hard work pays off.

I also feel like Chimera and MJ have good chemistry, but fear Chimera is not going to be able to finish enough. That, and I dont see Fehr and those two meshing. Big 1 6 is plodding up the ice, late to join the rush, factoring the two speed demons.

Maybe we need a faster skater at 3RW for Chimera MJ. Or, split up the speed and make other lines have more speed too.

Old
10-12-2010, 05:07 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
They're not the same person?
DAAAMMMNN. Nice.

F U Strung.

Old
10-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
DAAAMMMNN. Nice.

F U Strung.
Thank you. I expect full retaliation by the end of the week.

Old
10-12-2010, 05:14 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Despite injuries to two forwards and no call ups, Steckel still on the outside looking in (wrt to center ice)? Link
Quote:
NOTES: Boudreau said rookie center Marcus Johansson is "week-to-week" after blocking a shot with his foot Monday against Ottawa. He is expected to miss at least the next two games. Matt Hendricks took his place as the No. 3 center during practice, and Boudreau said there are no plans to recall anyone from Hershey.

Boudreau said Matt Bradley and Tom Poti, both out with lower-body injuries, are unlikely to play Wednesday against New York but hopes to have them back for a game Saturday in Nashville. Bradley skated before practice on his own, while both Poti and Johansson did not participate.

Old
10-12-2010, 05:14 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

With respect to what the lines will be tomorrow and in the future remember this: every day on the roster affects future waivers. We don't know if someone will get called up tomorrow. For instance if its MP, BB knows how he'll play between Chim and Fehr. Why waste the day. Same for Beags on the 4th.

Not saying those won't be the lines, but nothings set til tomorrow.

edit: just read K8's update on MoJo. BB said no reason to call someone up cause they're at home. On road, definitely. However I couldn't imagine that they'll take the pregame skate with only 6 healthy Dmen and 12 healthy forwards. I don't know the rules, but perhaps the call-ups can come to DC, dress, skate pregame, and not get called up if the 18 skaters are fine?

Old
10-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Foy

we have 2 forwards hurt, we have 2 spare forwards. Bam, done.

Old
10-12-2010, 05:20 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
With respect to what the lines will be tomorrow and in the future remember this: every day on the roster affects future waivers. We don't know if someone will get called up tomorrow. For instance if its MP, BB knows how he'll play between Chim and Fehr. Why waste the day. Same for Beags on the 4th.

Not saying those won't be the lines, but nothings set til tomorrow.
The comment about days on the roster is a factor for someone like Aucoin or A. Gordon who after 30 days on the NHL roster (cumulative) or 10 NHL games played (cumulative) would have to clear waivers again to be sent down.

I have to disagree with you given the circumstances with the two players you mentioned. Waivers are not an issue for Perreault or Beagle at this time (the issue for Beagle at this time relates to games played cumulative and triggering the games played threshold.)

OT: Days on the roster could be a factor for Beagle in a limited way going forward in terms of next season and whether he may qualify for the minor league vet exemption ...still clarifying that based on the other factors, but it may be a possibility.

Old
10-12-2010, 05:32 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

And good to see they were working on zone entry. Was a huge problem under Hanlon. Got a little better. But puck pursuit and decision making at times still a little lacking.

They did the overlap drop pass at the center dot a few times yesterday. The person who recieves that pass needs to carry it with speed to the opposite side of the rink and carry it into the zone (cause the other attackers are normally flat foot). Mostly Nick carries that puck.

However, AO took it once, got to the boards along the left side, and dumped it around... all of our guys were standing still on the right side of the blue line... That's both practice and the player understanding the play, what others are doing, and how their actions affect other players... Just one example of several issues I had with the coaching for not correcting repeated problems last year. Fix it BB. Fix it like you are the pk and the sky's the limit!

Old
10-12-2010, 05:34 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Well damn you know I don't know these players.. but what I meant was the strategy!

Yeah I forgot that MP is always waiver exempt.

You are Foy are evil

Old
10-12-2010, 05:35 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
we have 2 forwards hurt, we have 2 spare forwards. Bam, done.
yeah but you shouldn't walk into the building with the minimum players if you don't have to. Cheap insurance.

Edit: and as BB eluded to you definitely would not do this on the road!

Old
10-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Foy

Quote:
yeah but you shouldn't walk into the building with the minimum players if you don't have to. Cheap insurance.

Edit: and as BB eluded to you definitely would not do this on the road!
"I don't understand your point."

-Lou

Old
10-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

What about

OV-MJ-Fehr
BL-NB-AS
Chimera-Flash-Knuble
Hendricks-Gordon-Bradley

PS: No Backstrom for OV = no goals off the face-off probably.

Old
10-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Portable Mink
Go Walker!

This just in: Go to hell!

Old
10-12-2010, 07:13 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruProf View Post
What about

OV-MJ-Fehr
BL-NB-AS
Chimera-Flash-Knuble
Hendricks-Gordon-Bradley

PS: No Backstrom for OV = no goals off the face-off probably.
I'm guessing by the time MJ is back playing, 19 will be back with 8.

10-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Portable Mink
Go Walker!

ps. that last comment wasnt directed at anyone....just to be clear...

hey if we are experimenting....

AO - Flash - Fehr
Laich - Backis - Semin
Chim - Hendrix - Noobs
keith Richards - Steckel - King

Old
10-12-2010, 08:06 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Hendricks at 3C? I like it. Go ahead and pencil him ahead of Steckel for now on the checking line C depth chart!? I proposed Hendricks on 3 but had no idea he had vaulted Steckel. Thats perfect in so many ways, my favorite being rewarding good play.

When we first got Hendricks, my initial line prediction was...

Chimera Hendricks Fehr

Old
10-13-2010, 09:17 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Katie Fehr Article

Quote:
"I want to emulate my game a little more after [Mike] Knuble," said Fehr, who has two goals and three points entering the Capitals' game against the New York Islanders on Wednesday at Verizon Center. "Just seeing the way he works every day, how he's a big guy and gets lots of goals around the net and just finds a way to contribute. . . . I've really been trying to see how he does it."
Its only a matter of time before Fehr is on that top line...hopefully.

Here's something from Steinberg on Fehr and his diet. I dont really ever ready any of Dan's stuff...so I have no idea if it's anything worthwhile.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...orie_diet.html

Old
10-13-2010, 09:31 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Here's something from Steinberg on Fehr and his diet. I dont really ever ready any of Dan's stuff...so I have no idea if it's anything worthwhile.

It's not.

Cliff Notes version: Fehr ate a lot this summer to gain weight.

Old
10-13-2010, 09:37 AM
sk84fun_dc

I guess I should have stopped and taken a picture yesterday...I saw a bus with the ad yesterday. It was in D.C., but I think it was an Omniride bus (VA commuter bus to the city) not on a MetroBus.

link to HFB thread

Link to piece about VS Bus/Bus stop ads

Old
10-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Roccoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
I guess I should have stopped and taken a picture yesterday...I saw a bus with the ad yesterday. It was in D.C., but I think it was an Omniride bus (VA commuter bus to the city) not on a MetroBus.

link to HFB thread

Link to piece about VS Bus/Bus stop ads
thats really cool actually

Old
10-13-2010, 10:09 AM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez_the_Killer View Post
ps. that last comment wasnt directed at anyone....just to be clear...

hey if we are experimenting....

AO - Flash - Fehr
Laich - Backis - Semin
Chim - Hendrix - Noobs
keith Richards - Steckel - King
How's Keith Richards on the PK?

Old
10-14-2010, 09:30 AM
blokeyhighlander
May = :golfnana:

Quote:
He said he downed a minimum of two, and sometimes three protein shakes virtually every day during the offseason. So I asked him how many calories he was taking in a day, and he said it was well over 6,000.
I freaking love Eric Fehr.

Old
10-14-2010, 09:39 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Hendricks at 3C? I like it. Go ahead and pencil him ahead of Steckel for now on the checking line C depth chart!? I proposed Hendricks on 3 but had no idea he had vaulted Steckel. Thats perfect in so many ways, my favorite being rewarding good play.

When we first got Hendricks, my initial line prediction was...

Chimera Hendricks Fehr
looks to me that bgordon took that spot and did well with it during the islanders game. i'm liking hendricks on the pk.

Closed Thread