HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

2004 Entry Mock Draft

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-09-2004, 01:13 AM
  #1
CuSa_1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,557
vCash: 500
2004 Entry Mock Draft

1. Washington Capitals - Alexander Ovechkin
2. Pittsburgh Penguins - Yevgeni Malkon
3. Chicago Blackhawks - Lauri Tukonen
4. Columbus Blue Jackets - Cam Barker
5. Phoenix Coyotes - Rostislav Olesz
6. NY Rangers - Andrew Ladd
7. Florida - Drew Stafford
8. Carolina - A. J. Thelen
9. Anaheim - Alvaro Montoya
10. Atlanta - Robbie Schremp
11. Los Angeles - Boris Valabik
12. Minnesota - Alexandre Picard
13. Buffalo - Ladislav Smid
14. Edmonton - Alexander Radulov
15. Nashville - Mike Green
16. NY Islanders - Wojtek Wolski
17. St. Louis - Lauri Korpikoski
18. Montreal - Marek Schwarz
19. Calgary - Enver Lisin
20. Dallas - Andrej Meszeros
21. Colorad - Kyle Chipchura
22. New Jersey - Devon Dubnyk
23. Ottawa - Lukas Kasper
24. NY Rangers - Petteri Nokelainen
25. Edmonton - Jeff Schultz
26. Vancouver - Dave Bolland
27. Washington - Bruce Graham
28. San Jose - Jakub Sindel
29. Washington - Viktor Alexandrov
30. Tampa Bay - Kirill Lyamin

Go ahead blast away! :beatup:

CuSa_1 is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 03:22 AM
  #2
Safir*
 
Safir*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Turkmenistan
Posts: 13,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuSa_1
1. Washington Capitals - Alexander Ovechkin
2. Pittsburgh Penguins - Yevgeni Malkon
3. Chicago Blackhawks - Lauri Tukonen
4. Columbus Blue Jackets - Cam Barker
5. Phoenix Coyotes - Rostislav Olesz
6. NY Rangers - Andrew Ladd
7. Florida - Drew Stafford
8. Carolina - A. J. Thelen
9. Anaheim - Alvaro Montoya
10. Atlanta - Robbie Schremp
11. Los Angeles - Boris Valabik
12. Minnesota - Alexandre Picard
13. Buffalo - Ladislav Smid
14. Edmonton - Alexander Radulov
15. Nashville - Mike Green
16. NY Islanders - Wojtek Wolski
17. St. Louis - Lauri Korpikoski
18. Montreal - Marek Schwarz
19. Calgary - Enver Lisin
20. Dallas - Andrej Meszeros
21. Colorad - Kyle Chipchura
22. New Jersey - Devon Dubnyk
23. Ottawa - Lukas Kasper
24. NY Rangers - Petteri Nokelainen
25. Edmonton - Jeff Schultz
26. Vancouver - Dave Bolland
27. Washington - Bruce Graham
28. San Jose - Jakub Sindel
29. Washington - Viktor Alexandrov
30. Tampa Bay - Kirill Lyamin

Go ahead blast away! :beatup:
- It's said that Tukonen isn't NHL ready for 2-3 years so maybe the Hawks will scare that away from him, but you'll never know. With another Fin tearing it up for the Hawk, why not select Lauri. Back in 2001 Hawks very pi$$ed that they drafted Ruutu.

- Anaheim is pretty deep in the goaltending department and I heavily doubt that they will select a goalie. The team needs defense defense, oh I almost forgot defense. IMO Coates will select the BDA (Best Defenseman Available.)

- L.A. Wow they have a couple of awesome Defensive prospects (Gleason, Grebshenkov-spell?) L.A. will take Marek Schwarz, if he's still on the board. A few Kings fans might also be okay, if the team pick up Picard.

- I'll be shocked, if the Habs take Schwarz, because I am convinced that he'll be gone already. The team is in needs of a little upgrade of there defenseman glut and if Meszeros or Valabik (LA will NOT take him) are still on the board, the Canadiens will select on of them. On the other hand I read that some fans are also favoring Chipchura.

- I'm sure that Wes O'Neill will be drafted in the first round.

Safir* is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 02:34 PM
  #3
CuSa_1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
- It's said that Tukonen isn't NHL ready for 2-3 years so maybe the Hawks will scare that away from him, but you'll never know. With another Fin tearing it up for the Hawk, why not select Lauri. Back in 2001 Hawks very pi$$ed that they drafted Ruutu.

- Anaheim is pretty deep in the goaltending department and I heavily doubt that they will select a goalie. The team needs defense defense, oh I almost forgot defense. IMO Coates will select the BDA (Best Defenseman Available.)

- L.A. Wow they have a couple of awesome Defensive prospects (Gleason, Grebshenkov-spell?) L.A. will take Marek Schwarz, if he's still on the board. A few Kings fans might also be okay, if the team pick up Picard.

- I'll be shocked, if the Habs take Schwarz, because I am convinced that he'll be gone already. The team is in needs of a little upgrade of there defenseman glut and if Meszeros or Valabik (LA will NOT take him) are still on the board, the Canadiens will select on of them. On the other hand I read that some fans are also favoring Chipchura.

- I'm sure that Wes O'Neill will be drafted in the first round.
Thanks for the constructive criticism, anyone else?

CuSa_1 is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 02:38 PM
  #4
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Well I would say Radulov > Picard for the Wild. We need someone like Radulov more than Picard...

 
Old
06-09-2004, 02:51 PM
  #5
CuSa_1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Well I would say Radulov > Picard for the Wild. We need someone like Radulov more than Picard...

damn, see now I thought you would be ecstatic that I gave you guys something other than a goalie.

Seriously, thanks for the comments, I'll revise my draft later.

CuSa_1 is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 03:07 PM
  #6
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
**** Minnesota needs everything after their ****** mangement doesn't sign a lot of their draftees

 
Old
06-09-2004, 03:59 PM
  #7
Mat0109
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Montoya will never be pick before Schwartz and if it happen, the Habs will never pick an other goalie! Chipchura, Meszaros or Lyamin would be a better pick! Let see what happens!

Mat0109 is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 04:01 PM
  #8
Mat0109
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Well I would say Radulov > Picard for the Wild. We need someone like Radulov more than Picard...
I think Minnesota will pick a guy like Picard, an other french canadien. But if nobody take him, that will never happen, the Habs will take him right away with their 18th overall
But I know it will never happen

Mat0109 is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 04:06 PM
  #9
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,406
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I would be more happy by schwarz than chipchura !

Jeffrey is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 04:32 PM
  #10
Kick Save
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
- Anaheim is pretty deep in the goaltending department and I heavily doubt that they will select a goalie. The team needs defense defense, oh I almost forgot defense. IMO Coates will select the BDA (Best Defenseman Available.)
As a Ducks fan, I can tell you that Anaheim is not "pretty deep in the goaltending department." Gerber has made his displeasure at being a backup well known. I expect him to be traded at the Entry Draft. If not, then some time within the next six months. (My hesitation is a more of function of the uncertainty of the CBA and the chaos in the Ducks' organization caused by the unanticipated departure of Brian Murray.)

Bryzgalov is highly regarded, but I'm not certain that he has the mental stability to be a number one goalie in the NHL. He has had a couple of "breakdowns" (e.g., leaving the ice and refusing to go back into the net during the playoffs) that make me very uncomfortable. The only other goalie in the organization (besides Jiggy) is Eddie Ferhi---not exactly a household name.

Still, I don't expect the Ducks to draft a goalie at number 9. If they do, I think they'd favor Schwarz over Montoya.

I also don't agree with your "BDA" (Best Defenseman Available) theory. I think they'll go with the Best Player Available. My best guess is that they'll wind up with either Stafford or Picard.

Kick Save is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 04:47 PM
  #11
Flames Draft Watcher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,783
vCash: 500
With Sutter in charge and wanting a say in the 1st rounder I highly doubt you'd see Calgary take a skilled euro who has some consistency and physical play questions. That's not to say it won't happen but it's not very likely. You can tell some of his favourite attributes by how the Flames play. He likes skill no doubt but you've also got to have speed and heart and physical play.

Flames Draft Watcher is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 06:26 PM
  #12
Mat0109
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
I would be more happy by schwarz than chipchura !
Schwartz? He's a goalie and we have a lot of young goalie! Theodore is only 28, Garon 26 and Damphousse 25! We also have Michaud and an other one. I will not be surprise that the Habs take a guy like Churchill with their 3rd round pick but not before! Picard, Chichura, Mesraros and Pineault (who knows?) will be great choice for the Habs, but not Schwartz!

Mat0109 is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 07:09 PM
  #13
Habsolument
Registered User
 
Habsolument's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: St-Lambert, Qc
Country: Poland
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
I don't think that the Habs need a goalie before let's say the 5th-6th round(depends on who is available where). Michaud, Halak and Danis are all under 22. We mostly need help on the blueline and power forwards/big center.

Habsolument is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 04:02 AM
  #14
Safir*
 
Safir*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Turkmenistan
Posts: 13,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick Save
As a Ducks fan, I can tell you that Anaheim is not "pretty deep in the goaltending department." Gerber has made his displeasure at being a backup well known. I expect him to be traded at the Entry Draft. If not, then some time within the next six months. (My hesitation is a more of function of the uncertainty of the CBA and the chaos in the Ducks' organization caused by the unanticipated departure of Brian Murray.)

Bryzgalov is highly regarded, but I'm not certain that he has the mental stability to be a number one goalie in the NHL. He has had a couple of "breakdowns" (e.g., leaving the ice and refusing to go back into the net during the playoffs) that make me very uncomfortable. The only other goalie in the organization (besides Jiggy) is Eddie Ferhi---not exactly a household name.

Still, I don't expect the Ducks to draft a goalie at number 9. If they do, I think they'd favor Schwarz over Montoya.

I also don't agree with your "BDA" (Best Defenseman Available) theory. I think they'll go with the Best Player Available. My best guess is that they'll wind up with either Stafford or Picard.
Point taken, but please tell me, what other potential NHL Defenseman (doubt he'll ever play in the NHL) than Popovic are among the Ducks prospects? Okay with signing of Rome there's one other potential Top 6 D-man, but behind those two??? Today's D-man aren't among the best in the NHL and they're also getting old Havelid is 31, Ozolinsh is 31, Carney is 34 and Salei is 29. Injecting some youth on defense is IMO neccessary.

I can also see that the Ducks will try to trade up to pick up Cam Barker, but that's just speculation from my part.

Safir* is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 07:52 AM
  #15
Pwnasaurus
Registered User
 
Pwnasaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Robot City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
I can also see that the Ducks will try to trade up to pick up Cam Barker, but that's just speculation from my part.
If they pulled that off there would be much rejoicing.

Pwnasaurus is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 09:59 AM
  #16
jt2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
**** Minnesota needs everything after their ****** mangement doesn't sign a lot of their draftees
If your referring to Brust I believe the Wild came to the conclusion he wasn't going to be a great pro.

jt2004 is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 09:50 PM
  #17
KH1
Registered User
 
KH1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Under the cap floor
Country: United States
Posts: 16,004
vCash: 500
I'd be happy with Wolski...but I don't think it's gonna happen.

KH1 is offline  
Old
06-11-2004, 12:32 PM
  #18
Kick Save
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
Point taken, but please tell me, what other potential NHL Defenseman (doubt he'll ever play in the NHL) than Popovic are among the Ducks prospects? Okay with signing of Rome there's one other potential Top 6 D-man, but behind those two??? Today's D-man aren't among the best in the NHL and they're also getting old Havelid is 31, Ozolinsh is 31, Carney is 34 and Salei is 29. Injecting some youth on defense is IMO neccessary.

I can also see that the Ducks will try to trade up to pick up Cam Barker, but that's just speculation from my part.
No question that the Ducks can use some help on the blueline, but it's not as bad as you make it sound. First, you failed to mention either Vishnevski (who's 24 or 25) or Skoula (who's about the same age). I think Vish is a proven commodity and Skoula, if given the opportunity, can regain some of the promise he showed when he debuted with the Avs. There are also a few other d-man in the Ducks system including Nathan Saunders, Korsunov,O'Brien and Rodgers.

That said, like 10-16, I'd be happy if the Ducks were able to move up and nab Barker. However, with Chicago saying they'd like to acquire a second, first-round pick, I'm not convinced they're trading the 3rd pick.

Kick Save is offline  
Old
06-11-2004, 01:43 PM
  #19
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Why is it assumed the Wild always pick French Canadians?

 
Old
06-11-2004, 02:03 PM
  #20
Flames Draft Watcher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Why is it assumed the Wild always pick French Canadians?
ALWAYS?

That's a bit of hyperbole don't you think? I find it interesting how you can manage to knock almost every mock draft out and their pick for the Wild for one reason or another.

Flames Draft Watcher is offline  
Old
06-11-2004, 02:11 PM
  #21
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Hey now I just said Radulov over Picard! And then someone said they will pick a French Canadian, so I'm asking why is it assumed that the Wild will pick a French Canadian?

 
Old
06-12-2004, 06:20 AM
  #22
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 18,430
vCash: 500
Where do you get the Ducks being interested in a goalie in the first round? Very Very slim chances of the Ducks taking Montoya.

Best Defensmen available at #9 goes to Anaheim.

I'm hoping for Thelen.

McDonald19 is offline  
Old
06-12-2004, 04:11 PM
  #23
I_r_1337
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Washington with 3 forwards in the 1st round when they're #1 need is D? Not gonna happen.

I expect them to gamble on a boom or bust forward with one of those late first rounders and grab D with the other late 1st and the 33rd. I hope they can end up with Fristic in the 2nd I'd be very happy.

I_r_1337 is offline  
Old
06-14-2004, 11:11 PM
  #24
CuSa_1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_r_1337
Washington with 3 forwards in the 1st round when they're #1 need is D? Not gonna happen.

I expect them to gamble on a boom or bust forward with one of those late first rounders and grab D with the other late 1st and the 33rd. I hope they can end up with Fristic in the 2nd I'd be very happy.
Yeah, I kinda overlooked Washington's 3 picks together.

CuSa_1 is offline  
Old
06-15-2004, 01:35 PM
  #25
Kick Save
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
Where do you get the Ducks being interested in a goalie in the first round? Very Very slim chances of the Ducks taking Montoya.

Best Defensmen available at #9 goes to Anaheim.

I'm hoping for Thelen.
I've discussed this on another thread, but the Ducks organization isn't very deep in goalies. Gerber has expressed his desire to be traded and, even though it was Murray who said he'd do his best to accomodate him, I don't think Murray's departure changes anything. I think many Ducks fans tend to overrate Bryzgalov: he may turn into a good NHL netminder, but his histrionics on the ice make me very nervous. He could well be just a journeyman or even a bust. After that, what do we have? Eddie Ferhi?

Either Montoya or Schwarz would not be a bad choice at # 9.

I like Thelen and I would be happy if the Ducks chose him. But I'm not convinced he'd be a better choice than Montoya, Schwarz, Picard, Stafford or Meszaros.

The Ducks, like any rational organization, should pick the Best Player Available. They shouldn't confine their pick to the "best defenseman available".

Kick Save is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.