HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Devils Sign F Adam Mair

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2010, 02:01 PM
  #76
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
4th line I'd like to see:

Palmieri - Mair - Zharkov
Waste at least for Palmieri. If Pelley can play like yesterday everyday, we have no problem with him even on a center of that line occasionaly. We do need a physical guy on that line, but Palmieri isn`t the right answer.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:03 PM
  #77
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 37,991
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
yea no point for Palmieri to play 4th line minutes

let him develop in albany

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:03 PM
  #78
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 24,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
4th line I'd like to see:

Palmieri - Mair - Zharkov
Not bad.

But this season, I would like to see the 4th line as a reward line....Or an open audition line.

I think Lou should make a real cheesy flyer, like one of those old school wrestling posters for the coming attraction at the local high school.

That says, “Good Pay, No buses and great meal Plan. Entire 4th line open --- Are you up for the Challenge”

Then he can hang one in every corner of the Albany lockerroom with 3 bus tickets.

JimEIV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:03 PM
  #79
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan4390 View Post
Honest curious question, with how tough the division is, are you guys worried about getting pushed around by other teams/marty being run since the only true fighting threat you guys have now is clarkson? Who is by no means a heavy
There is no single reason to be worried.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:06 PM
  #80
Stevens 4
Registered User
 
Stevens 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,008
vCash: 500
I like this signing, Mair is a servicable 4th liner and won't get burned out as easy as Special Nieds or McAmmond did.

Stevens 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:08 PM
  #81
Eric Sachs
Registered User
 
Eric Sachs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Japan
Posts: 14,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige14 View Post
I like this signing, Mair is a servicable 4th liner and won't get burned out as easy as Special Nieds or McAmmond did.
He will if he gets forced into a role which he can't handle. Thats what happened to nieds. He was a 4th liner playing on the 3rd line because of our lack of center depth.

Eric Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:11 PM
  #82
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie
 
TheUnseenHand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Appleton, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,499
vCash: 500
You know, I haven't seen a ton of Palmieri, but he doesn't strike me as a Tedenby type who truly would be pointless on the 4th line. He has some size, can skate, plays physical, and isn't afraid to go to the front of the net. Sounds like the perfect guy to put in that position. Doesn't mean he has to play his whole career there.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:11 PM
  #83
VaxjoDevil
Registered User
 
VaxjoDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Princeton, NJ
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan4390 View Post
Honest curious question, with how tough the division is, are you guys worried about getting pushed around by other teams/marty being run since the only true fighting threat you guys have now is clarkson? Who is by no means a heavy
I'd rather have a real player on the team than PL3 dancing around Boogard playing tough guy while not actually wanting to fight him since he will loose.

VaxjoDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:11 PM
  #84
Scorcho
Zubrus for Captain!
 
Scorcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Waste at least for Palmieri. If Pelley can play like yesterday everyday, we have no problem with him even on a center of that line occasionaly. We do need a physical guy on that line, but Palmieri isn`t the right answer.
Devils Fans:

Scorcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:14 PM
  #85
guyincognito
Registered User
 
guyincognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 31,300
vCash: 500
I'm not crazy about Rolston going on LTIR unless there's a plan to get him off, because for as long as he stays on, we can't bring in outside players. It'll solve the crunch short term, but having two players on that you might be forced to take off will be a bloodbath.

guyincognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:18 PM
  #86
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 25,087
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
515k for mair.

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:19 PM
  #87
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
You know, I haven't seen a ton of Palmieri, but he doesn't strike me as a Tedenby type who truly would be pointless on the 4th line. He has some size, can skate, plays physical, and isn't afraid to go to the front of the net. Sounds like the perfect guy to put in that position. Doesn't mean he has to play his whole career there.
I know, but you forget he`s capable of more. If we want him to be a new Langenbrunner, he better be playing and developing in Albany. He has a couple of offensive abilities he can`t really show on the 4th line...

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:19 PM
  #88
guyincognito
Registered User
 
guyincognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 31,300
vCash: 500
well, that's $10K earned in "theoretical" cap space. unfortunately, Sal will make it disappear in a couple of days.

guyincognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:27 PM
  #89
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie
 
TheUnseenHand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Appleton, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post


I know, but you forget he`s capable of more. If we want him to be a new Langenbrunner, he better be playing and developing in Albany. He has a couple of offensive abilities he can`t really show on the 4th line...
You mean like Zharkov???

If he can help this team right now, which I think he can, then I want him on the team. Better a 4th line of guys who can play there and have potential to play top 9 than 1, 2 or 3 guys who can't even play in the NHL; let alone a 4th line.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:28 PM
  #90
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
DING! DING!
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,643
vCash: 425
4th liners ARE permitted to score despite popular thought

Their minutes may not help them to do so, but it is not considered defense circumvention if they do.

__________________

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:36 PM
  #91
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie
 
TheUnseenHand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Appleton, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
4th liners ARE permitted to score despite popular thought

Their minutes may not help them to do so, but it is not considered defense circumvention if they do.
NO NO NO! Only thugs with no offensive skill can play on a 4th line!!!

I tried to make this case before the season but everyone said we need to have a tough 4th line with hitters and fighters. I understand the need for grit, but it can be spread through the lineup while each line still has potential to score. Like Langs on the second line, Clarkie on the 3rd, Mair on the 4th. There's all the grit you need while not sacrificing scoring on any one line.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:43 PM
  #92
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 24,762
vCash: 500
But when you have thugs that can play......Man, then you have everything.

Peluso-Holik-McKay in 1995 was one of my favorite all time lines

My favorite was the Broten-Muller-Verbeek in 1988....They were down right Nasty. It was the first line but they were insane.

Look at these stats from them....

Kirk Muller 94 points 114 PIMS
Aaron Broten 83 points 80 PIMS
Pat Verbeek 77 points 227 PIMS

EDIT Other notables from 1987-88

John MacLean 145 PIMS
Joe Cirella 191 PIMS
Craig Wolanin 170 PIMS
Ken Daneyko 239PIMS * Leader
Perry Anderson 222 PIMS

THIS was not a nice team to play against.


Last edited by JimEIV: 10-12-2010 at 02:50 PM.
JimEIV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:49 PM
  #93
Just Win
Free Larsson
 
Just Win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Germany
Posts: 10,774
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
But when you have thugs that can play......Man, then you have everything.

Peluso-Holik-McKay in 1995 was one of my favorite all time lines

My favorite was the Broten-Muller-Verbeek in 1988....They were down right Nasty. It was the first line but they were insane.

Look at these stats from them....

Kirk Muller 94 points 114 PIMS
Aaron Broten 83 points 80 PIMS
Pat Verbeek 77 points 227 PIMS
And they were fifth in powerplays against and third in powerplay goals against....


Last edited by Just Win: 10-12-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Stats for the wrong season.
Just Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:49 PM
  #94
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
This made me laugh from the main board:

Adam Mair is an anagram for I Am Drama

lol

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:52 PM
  #95
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
This made me laugh from the main board:

Adam Mair is an anagram for I Am Drama

lol
yvan eht nioj

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:56 PM
  #96
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 24,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Win View Post
And they were fifth in powerplays against and third in powerplay goals against....

Serious though......The games were so much fun.

The next year, the First game of the season was against Calgary and we down to the glass to watch the Warm ups. Someone yelled randomly "Jim Korn Kick his ass"

Korn skates over to the glass and goes to the crowd..."Which one?" and starts pointing at the Flames and saying "Him?, Him?" Then he points to Tim Hunter and said.."No, not him. He is tough"


Funny!

JimEIV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:01 PM
  #97
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 25,087
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
I dunno what thread to use for this its such a mess now but Lou told TG he'll evaluate Volchy and Rollie when TG asked will he make a cap clearing move for tomorrow.

Sounds like this drama should be over sometime this week.

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:04 PM
  #98
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie
 
TheUnseenHand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Appleton, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
I dunno what thread to use for this its such a mess now but Lou told TG he'll evaluate Volchy and Rollie when TG asked will he make a cap clearing move for tomorrow.

Sounds like this drama should be over sometime this week.
Your first mistake was thinking this drama would ever be over. Second was thinking it would be over this week.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:05 PM
  #99
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 25,087
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
Your first mistake was thinking this drama would ever be over. Second was thinking it would be over this week.
I know it's wishful thinking. Even if we clear some room we'll soon have to decide what to do when Salvador is ready to return.

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:05 PM
  #100
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 37,991
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Salvador cant return for like 2 more weeks at least

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.