HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eminger

Old
10-13-2010, 09:43 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
not entirely sure why eminger is the whipping boy right now

hasnt been great but hasn't been brutal

if your going to be pissed at a dman, be pissed at MDZ...he's one of my favorite rangers right now, but outside of that PP goal he did everything he could to make sure we lost that last game
...because he isn't the whipping boy YET. It's not so much about that one loss, as it is to lead to future losses. We want him gone before he can be a whipping boy.

MDZ had a bad game, yes, but we know he can turn that around...it just wasn't his day, but not because he's terrible.....Eminger on the other hand, showed his typical side that we shouldn't expect much change out of.

If they are playing Eminger to up trade value...fine.
What if his ice time shows his UNskill and nobody wants to trade so much as a puckbag(w/o the pucks) for him (while helping us lose)?

The ideal move would see us end up with _______(suggestions?) as our No.1 D-man (after Rozy and Eminger are given away) Staal, MDZ, Sauer, VTank, with McD & Gilroy switching on the 7th.
Girardi is the toughest to assess because it seems like he sucks every other few seconds of his shifts...and solid as hell for those other every other few seconds...LOL!! (That makes sense)<<>>he'll make a fabulous check, then not know what to do...or he'll lay off the most necessary check but make a fabulous pass...I'm for keeping him and tryin to tighten him up OR get rid of him to sweeten a deal for a better one....either way, but my patience is starting to thin slightly on him.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 09:45 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirts702 View Post
Sit MDZ...great idea.....glad you aren't calling the shouts, Pauly D.
If he has another game like that he SHOULD sit for a game. I love MDZ but his D is AWFUL, and a liability, right now.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Like veteran defensemen before him (Kalinen, Backman, Ozolinsh, Malik, Poti....the list goes on and on and on.....Eminger will soon fall on the sword of public ridicule from the Rangers fanbase.

As for the start of this thread, Pavel Valentenko has played 21 professional games since the start of the 2008 season, that includes the 2 games hes played with the Whalepack. And some people want to throw him into the NHL because they dont like Eminger.

Smart.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 10:06 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
If he has another game like that he SHOULD sit for a game. I love MDZ but his D is AWFUL, and a liability, right now.
Did anyone see NHL Network's 'Off the Ice' with MDZ? ..where he's afraid of the soccer ball...
If he's going to be that guy, that he showed Monday, then he should sit.
It's still early enough in his career that MDZ could gain and learn the lesson from the sit...

Example? 1994, Keenan benched Kovalev who came back and became everyone's favorite player...then remember the 1996 Kovalev that should've been benched (instead of underplayed) like every fan and their dad called for.

Old
10-13-2010, 10:31 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

MDZ, Gilroy, and Eminger all play AHL calibre defense in their own end, and Sauer is a rookie. The Rangers are in for a long year in the defensive zone.

N9Y4R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Vitto79

Eminger is Voros but only on D and that's not a good thing. they both are fringe NHLers and the only thing keeping them in the league is their contracts. After this year they both get two deals or at best 500K

I figure Eminger is a vet, Sullivan likes him and it's buying time for McD or Valentenko to come up sooner rather then later. They are just not rushing them and giving them games in Hartford which I understand

by seasons end we all get our wish and Eminger is in the press box

bigger thing is why Gilroy is not in the lineup ahead of him. They better not bench Sauer for Gilroy. Keep Sauer in the rest of the year the guy is a relable Dman and has paid his dues

I don't see Gilroy as part of this teams future. they have way to many Dmen. But they gave him the money so he will get a look and likely traded by seasons end

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Like veteran defensemen before him (Kalinen, Backman, Ozolinsh, Malik, Poti....the list goes on and on and on.....Eminger will soon fall on the sword of public ridicule from the Rangers fanbase.

As for the start of this thread, Pavel Valentenko has played 21 professional games since the start of the 2008 season, that includes the 2 games hes played with the Whalepack. And some people want to throw him into the NHL because they dont like Eminger.

Smart.
Pretty much how I feel. Eminger plays the least minutes on D yet he's the problem??

What happened, everyone got tired of talking Gilroy and his inability to win a spot?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Pretty much how I feel. Eminger plays the least minutes on D yet he's the problem??

What happened, everyone got tired of talking Gilroy and his inability to win a spot?
Wait until Gilroy takes over for Eminger, that should be an equally entertaining show

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Wait until Gilroy takes over for Eminger, that should be an equally entertaining show
I'm actually shocked Sauer has stayed healthy up until this point

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 11:27 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:

Smart.
How many professional games has Redden played? Almost 1000?
Eminger has played just over 300?
And some people want to throw Eminger into the NHL because they don't like Redden.

Smart.

Seriously though, we want Valentenko in because of his attitude and show of play/potential...and his bomb of a shot(also missing from our starting line-up)....but not because we don't like someone.

I never said Eminger is THE problem, but he is cleary one of the weak links.

Last edited by CHGoalie27: 10-13-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old
10-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
To be honest I haven't seen this guy enough to make a fair judgement yet. His ice time hasn't been hi or in major parts of the game. Lets give him a little time to settle in before banishment to the Pack. There are plenty of guys who could fill his spot so the situation will take care of itself in time if he plays poorly.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 07:47 PM
rangerssharks414

Even though I'm not a Gilroy fan by any means, he can't be any worse than Eminger...

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 07:59 PM
msv957

Quote:

Smart.
Agreed.. Eminger has NHL experience and can be fine if he is on the bottom pair defense. That's it..

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:

Smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Eminger is a vet, Sullivan likes him and it's buying time for McD or Valentenko to come up sooner rather then later. They are just not rushing them and giving them games in Hartford which I understand
Smartest thing you have ever said on this forum. Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post

Easy there.

Gilroy's my dark-horse this year (along with Boyle).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
How many professional games has Redden played? Almost 1000?
Eminger has played just over 300?
And some people want to throw Eminger into the NHL because they don't like Redden.

Smart.

Seriously though, we want Valentenko in because of his attitude and show of play/potential...and his bomb of a shot(also missing from our starting line-up)....but not because we don't like someone.

I never said Eminger is THE problem, but he is cleary one of the weak links.
Tanks attitude is right. He does offer some oomph too, with the puck and the body. Nice combination that we can certainly use on our blue-line.

But he looked very raw defensively in preseason. He definitely needs some time in Hartford. I think he's behind McDonagh as far as NHL readiness to be quite honest too. Can't have him learning how to play defense at this level, in the NHL.

I think he really needs to improve his footwork, along with his understanding of zone. He goes out of his way sometimes, takes bad angles to the play, and looked a little lost. People are more concerned with hits and shots than having a competent, reliable defensemen. I think he'll eventually become one though. Perfect kind of bottom-pairing guy who could play a big role for us.

Just needs a little time to adjust. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm more interested in how Eminger looks in December, than now. This time of the year is kind of mickey-mouse. Most teams are completley discumbobulated, adjusting to various things like new faces, citys, coaches, schemes, lines, peers, etc.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 03:53 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Eminger is trying too hard. He's used to being 6th/7th and as a result of desperation he keeps taking DUMB ASS penalties. He needs to keep it simple.
He's used to being the 6th/7th dman and that's what he is now. I don't know what the problem is. You give him 30 seconds of PP time a night and he goes insane?

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 08:15 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Tanks attitude is right. He does offer some oomph too, with the puck and the body. Nice combination that we can certainly use on our blue-line.

But he looked very raw defensively in preseason. He definitely needs some time in Hartford. I think he's behind McDonagh as far as NHL readiness to be quite honest too. Can't have him learning how to play defense at this level, in the NHL.

I think he really needs to improve his footwork, along with his understanding of zone. He goes out of his way sometimes, takes bad angles to the play, and looked a little lost. People are more concerned with hits and shots than having a competent, reliable defensemen. I think he'll eventually become one though. Perfect kind of bottom-pairing guy who could play a big role for us.

Just needs a little time to adjust. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm more interested in how Eminger looks in December, than now. This time of the year is kind of mickey-mouse. Most teams are completley discumbobulated, adjusting to various things like new faces, citys, coaches, schemes, lines, peers, etc.
I don't disagree that he looked raw, and yes a lil behind McD on the readiness level.
I guess my argument would be that he in his unreadiness looks like he can contribute as much as Eminger, if not more (just wait til he looks ready).
As you said, he seemed the perfect kind of bottom pairing guy.

I guess my whole thing is we have 3 guys I'd put over Eminger since we're no longer in the preseason...especially when we missed the playoffs last year by how many pts?
Everyone knows this time of the year is Mickey Mouse, which is why we need to (and usually do) take advantage of the other teams to give the cushion for the annual January-February skid.

Again, I don't not like him, Eminger. He has good work ethic and I'd fully support him if he played to expectations (or just contributed in any way).