HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Western Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

List of Swiss Players in NA (weekly update)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-08-2010, 06:01 AM
  #26
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
Of course, thank you!

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2010, 06:08 AM
  #27
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
12-14-2010 update notes:

+J. Hiller with 3 wins in 4 games.
+S. Bärtschi with 4 points in 3 games

J. Simek was traded to the providence Bruins, AHL.

-A. Berger with 0 points in 3 games.
-M. Maret didn't play a game in the last 4 weeks.


Just for fun.
+/- Leaderboard:

+S Bärtschi (+6)
+Y Weber (+4)
+M. Gerber, R. Josi, L. Sbisa, L. Martschini (+2)

-D. Saikkonen (-5)
-R. Wick (-2)
-R. Mayer, J. Hiller (-1)


Last edited by swissexpert: 12-14-2010 at 06:33 AM.
swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 02:12 PM
  #28
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
12-21-2010 update notes:

+J. Hiller with only 4 GA in 4 games.
+R. Wick with 3 points in 3 games.
+L. Martschini with 2 points in 1 game.
+N. Niederreiter with 3 points in 1 game.

-J. Simek with 0 points in 3 games.

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:37 AM
  #29
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
Most of the guys didn't play this week because of Christmas and WJC, but here's the weekly update.

12-28-2010 update notes:

+R. Josi with 3 assists in 2 games.

-S. Blindenbacher didn't play the last few games, reason unknown.

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:24 PM
  #30
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
01-06-2011 update notes:

+J. Hiller with 3 wins out of 4 starts.
+L. Sbisa scored his 1st NHL goal!
+L. Martschini had 6 assists in 3 games.

-J. Simek still pointless in 10 games.

Sorry guys for being late this week, totally forgot it!

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:34 AM
  #31
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
I decided to include last weekend's games, because the last update was on Thursday.

01-18-2010 update notes:

+J. Hiller with 2 shutouts and 3 wins in 4 games.
+S. Bärtschi with 5 points in 5 games.
+L. Martschini with 11 points in 6 games!

-S. Blindenbacher got hurt.
-R. Josi with 0 points in 5 games.
-J. Simek was a healthy scratch twice this week.


Last edited by swissexpert: 01-18-2011 at 07:40 AM.
swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 01:07 PM
  #32
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
01-24-2011 update notes:

+S. Blindenbacher is back from his injury.
+R. Josi with 3 goals in 3 games.
+R. Wick with 4 goals in 3 games.
+D. Trutmann with 2 assists in 2 games.
+A. Berger with 4 points in 3 games.
+N. Niederreiter with 7 points in 4 games.

-J. Simek left the Providence Bruins and will sign in Genf.

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 07:26 PM
  #33
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
02-01-2010 update notes:

+J. Hiller was selected to the NHL All-Star Game.
+R. Josi with 3 points in 2 games.
+S. Bärtschi with 4 points in 3 games.

-L. Martschini without a point in 3 games.
-R. Wick without a point in 3 games.

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:58 AM
  #34
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Rafik Soliman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Just an update on Saikkonen...

He's back with the Elite Juniors of Bern!
Saikkonen played the last two games won the game against Kloten 3-2 in OT and lost the next 1-6 against Zug....

It's going to be an interessting battle for next years WJC Goaltending-Spots....

I'm little bit disappointed from the Stats of Devin Muller... The BCHL is comparable with our Elite A Junior League and thus he should put up better numbers in my eyes? I wonder what the problem could be?


Last edited by Rafik Soliman: 02-04-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:03 PM
  #35
BackInBlack
 
BackInBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Saikkonen

I wondered what happened to Dennis Saikkonen...I just got one of his brand new Revoke PZ gloves off of ebay, and I LOVE it! Next: Pads and blocker.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us




Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BackInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:04 AM
  #36
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
Have you seen the post above yours? I don't think any of us have a closer look at him.
I hope he'll find his game again in Switzerland, the NA level/style was too early for him..
Thanks for the update, Rafik! I also compared Muller's stats in Switzerland to his BCJHL numbers and was kind of disappointed. Maybe it needs some time to adjust to the game there. He has 6 points in the last 3 games, so there's hope he'll turn it around...

PS: I don't think the Saikkonen topic needs an extra thread, we already have one about Swiss junior hockey.


Last edited by swissexpert: 02-09-2011 at 02:55 AM.
swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:52 AM
  #37
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
And here are this week's updates.

02-09-2011 update notes:

+R. Josi with 2 assists in 2 games.
+S. Bärtschi with 3 points in 2 games.
+A. Berger with 7 points in 3 games.
+N. Niederreiter with 3 points in 2 games.

-J. Hiller saved only 7 out of 10 shots and felt sick, was put on IR Yesterday.
-L. Martschini without a point in 3 games.

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 06:49 AM
  #38
BackInBlack
 
BackInBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
Have you seen the post above yours? I don't think any of us have a closer look at him.
I hope he'll find his game again in Switzerland, the NA level/style was too early for him..
Thanks for the update, Rafik! I also compared Muller's stats in Switzerland to his BCJHL numbers and was kind of disappointed. Maybe it needs some time to adjust to the game there. He has 6 points in the last 3 games, so there's hope he'll turn it around...

PS: I don't think the Saikkonen topic needs an extra thread, we already have one about Swiss junior hockey.
Aah, thanks! I saw that post, but wondered if anyone knew why he left the OHL....No one knew, it seemed...

BackInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 07:01 AM
  #39
SilverArrow
Registered User
 
SilverArrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Updates about Saikkonnen

Hello "BackinBlack".

I have some updates for you regarding your prev.equipment owner;

Brampton Battalion did really mess up Saikkonnen’s rookie year in OHL. His agent has confirmed, that Battalion never signed a standard import player contract with him, which is mandatory in that league. They didn’t apply the right visa for him either and was therefore not allowed to attend high school according to the OHL education policy.

As the trade chain situation appeared in December, Battalion had suddenly 3 import players on their roster (2 allowed)and it was quite obvious who was the odd man on the roster.

Richard Panik from Belleville Bulls was traded to Guelph Storm and czech import Machovsky had to make space for him and ( http://www.guelphstorm.com/article/p...dded-in-trades )was traded to Brampton Battalion who already had 2 imports.

But no team is willing to „wash the dirty laundry of others“ by taking a player who has been 4 months in the league without a valid contract, so Battalion could not trade their swiss goalie to a new team either. In the middle of the season goalie spots are taken anyway. The only way out of that uncomfortable situation was to send him back to Switzerland.

His canadian agent, who should have taken care of his 17 years old player' s (client!) interest and rights in Canada did not do his job he was supposed to do. He should at least loose his agent licence after all.

It is a SCANDAL that in a league like OHL these kind of cheating still happens. The question is, if it is the high education costs, which teams wants to get awy?!

I hope this kid finds his way back to CHL as soon as possible, because he really deserves a second chance and better organization. None should loose thier career chances and hockey dreams because of other’s dishonesty.

So to answer your question; his is back in Swiss Jr. league, team SC Bern, starting playoffs next week, according to the Swiss Icehockey's web site. You can follow the games here:
http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spie...700&league=eja


Last edited by SilverArrow: 02-09-2011 at 07:14 AM.
SilverArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:48 AM
  #40
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Rafik Soliman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
interesting, but how was he eligible to play in the OHL without a contract? That seems a little bit questionable to me...

But it's realy bad for such a young kid if he isn't able to attend to school...

Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 11:37 AM
  #41
SilverArrow
Registered User
 
SilverArrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
2nd round Import Draft

RS;
He was second round draft nr #83 for Brampton Battalion, so he was transferred from his swiss team to the OHL (IIHF transfer). But after arrived to CAN, his agent and club should have taken care of his contracts (Import Players standard contract), but that never happend.

Not only that he lost his hockey team, he also lost 1 year in the school (in CH you can only start/continue school year in August). Agree with you, sad indeed.

SilverArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:53 PM
  #42
BackInBlack
 
BackInBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverArrow View Post
Hello "BackinBlack".

I have some updates for you regarding your prev.equipment owner;

Brampton Battalion did really mess up Saikkonnen’s rookie year in OHL. His agent has confirmed, that Battalion never signed a standard import player contract with him, which is mandatory in that league. They didn’t apply the right visa for him either and was therefore not allowed to attend high school according to the OHL education policy.

As the trade chain situation appeared in December, Battalion had suddenly 3 import players on their roster (2 allowed)and it was quite obvious who was the odd man on the roster.

Richard Panik from Belleville Bulls was traded to Guelph Storm and czech import Machovsky had to make space for him and ( http://www.guelphstorm.com/article/p...dded-in-trades )was traded to Brampton Battalion who already had 2 imports.

But no team is willing to „wash the dirty laundry of others“ by taking a player who has been 4 months in the league without a valid contract, so Battalion could not trade their swiss goalie to a new team either. In the middle of the season goalie spots are taken anyway. The only way out of that uncomfortable situation was to send him back to Switzerland.

His canadian agent, who should have taken care of his 17 years old player' s (client!) interest and rights in Canada did not do his job he was supposed to do. He should at least loose his agent licence after all.

It is a SCANDAL that in a league like OHL these kind of cheating still happens. The question is, if it is the high education costs, which teams wants to get awy?!

I hope this kid finds his way back to CHL as soon as possible, because he really deserves a second chance and better organization. None should loose thier career chances and hockey dreams because of other’s dishonesty.

So to answer your question; his is back in Swiss Jr. league, team SC Bern, starting playoffs next week, according to the Swiss Icehockey's web site. You can follow the games here:
http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spie...700&league=eja
Holy crap - I had no idea! I'm very sorry to hear that. Poor Dennis.

BackInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:31 AM
  #43
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
02-15-2010 update notes:

+M. Gerber's only game was a shutout.
+J. Hiller registered a shutout in his only game, back from injury.
+R. Josi with 4 points in 3 games.
+Y. Weber with 3 points in 3 games, including his first regular season goal in the NHL.
+R. Wick with 3 points in 3 games.
+L. Martschini with 6 points in 3 games.

-S. Blindenbacher left the Dallas Stars organization, will go back to Europe.

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 01:56 PM
  #44
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
02-22-2010 update notes:

+R. Josi with 3 assists in 3 games.
+A. Berger with 4 goals in 4 games.
+L. Martschini with 3 points in 3 games.
+N. Niederreiter with 4 points in 1 game.

-J. Hiller missed all the games this week because of balance problems, was put on IR.

PS: just found out that Mathieu Maret is back in Switzerland since January. He's playing for HC Ajoie in the NLB.

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:56 AM
  #45
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
03-01-2010 update notes:

+R. Wick was called up to Ottawa, NHL and made his NHL debut.
+M. Gerber was called up to Edmonton, NHL.
+S. Bärtschi with 6 points in 4 games.
+A. Berger with 3 points in 2 games.

-R. Wick was sent down to Binghampton, AHL after 2 games.

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 04:28 AM
  #46
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Rafik Soliman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
BTW, I just remembered the SISEC (Swiss International Sports Education Center) Programm... So there are a few other swiss players in north america!

Here's the Team list and as I know it, they play in the NAMHL a Midget AA league....

Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 06:16 AM
  #47
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafik Soliman View Post
BTW, I just remembered the SISEC (Swiss International Sports Education Center) Programm... So there are a few other swiss players in north america!

Here's the Team list and as I know it, they play in the NAMHL a Midget AA league....
Thanks Rafik, it's a very interesting project! I'll follow those guys and include them in the list as soon as they're entering Junior Hockey. I'm not sure about the playing level so I can't judge their performances. A friend of mine played there too a few seasons ago, and now, their best player is a Latvian by a far margin.
I have to make some cuts, because it's impossible to include all of them.
For the next year, I think I'll only include pro's and juniors. There is a good chance, that the CHL will import another 5 Swiss players or more.

And to repeat it here: I have to go to military service next week, which reduces my time at home to about 24 hours per week.
I hope I'll be able to update the list, though.

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 04:59 PM
  #48
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
here we go..


08-03-2011 update notes:

+S. Bärtschi with 9 points in 4 games.
+N. Niederreiter with 9 points in 4 games, named WHL player of the week.

-R. Josi didn't play this week due to injury, expected to be back soon.

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 05:36 PM
  #49
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
03-13-2011 update notes:

+R. Josi returned from his injury.
+L. Sbisa with 2 assists in 2 games.
+L. Martschini with 3 assists in 2 games.

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:12 AM
  #50
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
From now on, the updates are Saturday/Sunday.

03-19-2010 update notes:

+R. Wick with 2 goals in 1 AHL game and recalled by Ottawa Senators, NHL.
+N. Niederreiter with 4 points in 2 games.

-R. Josi without a point in 4 games.

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.