HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Engelland vs Orr

Old
10-14-2010, 02:21 PM
thebluewhiteandused

vCash: 500
Engelland kinda had an edge in that match, orr was pretty much tagging him good, until engelland had his helmet in his face and orr had to take it off

thebluewhiteandused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Hotshot320

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluewhiteandused View Post
Engelland kinda had an edge in that match, orr was pretty much tagging him good, until engelland had his helmet in his face and orr had to take it off
Leaf Fan here... No excuses for Orr... He played the 'lets see who the first one to drop is' game... And lost..

Good fight though.

Hotshot320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 05:46 PM
yohan1212

Orr got dropped like a bad habit.. He didnt have any smirk on his face after that one, just the dazed and confused glare after getting floored by a 2nd rate AHL fighter...these excuses are laughable... "orr had to take his helmet off"etc..Admit it, he got whoooped... He has been dropped twice in his last handful of fights.. If he doesnt change his style he will be outta commission real soon.. I wouldnt be very surprised to see him get dropped again tommorow if he fights boogard....

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
Orr got dropped like a bad habit.. He didnt have any smirk on his face after that one, just the dazed and confused glare after getting floored by a 2nd rate AHL fighter...these excuses are laughable... "orr had to take his helmet off"etc..Admit it, he got whoooped... He has been dropped twice in his last handful of fights.. If he doesnt change his style he will be outta commission real soon.. I wouldnt be very surprised to see him get dropped again tommorow if he fights boogard....
1)You're underrating Engelland
2)Now you're just repeating yourself

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 07:06 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV 426 View Post
1)You're underrating Engelland
2)Now you're just repeating yourself
Dont really see how i am underrating Engelland. Though having a decent record in the minor leagues, he has a garbage fightcard. Look at it.. He rarely fights the other teams heavys..

Old
10-14-2010, 07:07 PM
yohan1212

Dont really see how i am underrating Engelland. Though having a decent record in the minor leagues, he has a garbage fightcard. Look at it.. He rarely fights the other teams heavys..

Old
10-14-2010, 07:20 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV 426 View Post
Engelland is a month younger than Orr...
Yeah and for the Toronto homers saying "Orr underestimated him yada yada" They have fought at least 5 times in Juniors and the Ahl.....

Old
10-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
How is a fight card that contains Westgarth, Bonvie, Yablonski, Koci, Konopka, Flinn, Orr, etc. garbage? And this is a guy who was playing as a number 2 or 3 defenseman, not someone who was just out there to enforce.

You're downplaying Engelland to make Orr look worse. It's transparent and lame.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 08:01 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorb58 View Post
Orr just got tagged again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
Again?

k
Ask and you will receive...

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

At some point you'd have to think Orr is going to have to start tucking in his chin. You can only take so many shots like that before it starts catching up with you. I love the way he fights, but it's not exactly the road to longevity.

Godard, Carkner, Shelley, and now Engelland have TKO'd him in the past couple of years.

Old
10-14-2010, 08:08 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
lmao, did you conveniently forget the other 4 times Orr kicked his ass?
Kid, kid, they were simple answering your queries as to possible previous times where Orr was KO'd.

And yes, your father is bigger than mine (but not smarter...).

Old
10-14-2010, 08:13 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
How is a fight card that contains Westgarth, Bonvie, Yablonski, Koci, Konopka, Flinn, Orr, etc. garbage? And this is a guy who was playing as a number 2 or 3 defenseman, not someone who was just out there to enforce.

You're downplaying Engelland to make Orr look worse. It's transparent and lame.
Habs and Bruin fans. Don't lose much sleep. We're used to them. They have deep seeded needs to put down everything Leaf related and interestingly enough to tell us both how we're allowed to think and feel. Their next ploy is to claim they are unbiased and offer more objective opinions than people who actually watch them.

Again, I wouldn't waste much time on them.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 08:32 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Um, yeah. Orr has gotten dropped twice in his last handful of fights. Englewhatever tonight and shelley last spring.. Orr is in for more of those this year with the east loading up on heavy punchers.......
Spring comes early in your neck of the woods. The Orr-Shelley fight where Orr got KO'd took place on Feb 2, while Shelley was still a Sharks.

The fight from last spring had Shelley wearing the Rangers colors. Orr had a slight advantage after he jumped Shelley (he probably remembered what happened 2 months previously).

Old
10-14-2010, 09:30 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Habs and Bruin fans. Don't lose much sleep. We're used to them. They have deep seeded needs to put down everything Leaf related and interestingly enough to tell us both how we're allowed to think and feel. Their next ploy is to claim they are unbiased and offer more objective opinions than people who actually watch them.

Again, I wouldn't waste much time on them.
pot, meet kettle.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:09 PM
armani
Guy Likes

vCash: 50
Orr got dropped, yet again, like a sack of ****!

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:59 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
Obviously, because Orr is the best fighter in the league... or was it the toughest?

Damn Maple laug... errr, Leaf fans.
My god, please don't try to turn my post into something it isn't.

I'm not a leafs fan.

I'm merely saying, Orr has no reason to change his style of fighting based on his winning percentage. That is all. He's entertaining when he fights, win or lose.

Troll somewhere else.

lbrowne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 07:08 AM
Aurel Joliat

I was so happy when I saw this fight hahaha

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Burkupine

Quote:
Quote:
"You saw in that fight just how tough Deryk is," Lovejoy said. "I've played with him for three years in the minors, and I've seen him lose one fight. And he just doesn't win fights: He kicks the crap out of people."
Quote:
"Deryk is kind of funny," left wing Eric Tangradi said. "Off the ice, he's the calmest, most genuine person. But when he fights, he's a scary man."
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 08:31 AM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
pot, meet kettle.
Did I put down Leaf fans?

Old
10-15-2010, 09:15 AM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Hard to be a "scary guy" when you look at who he has fought in that time period and it includes Byrin Bitz, Evander Kane, Tim Jackman(has he ever won a fight). His toughest opposition last year was Liffiton and COnboy - not much when it comes to being heavyweight fighters...He did fight Kevin westgarth 2 seasons ago, his only legit fight against a HW in that time period, and i am guessing that was one of his losses. His record would be more impressive had it been against real competition but it wasnt, so i take it lightly. I thinkg this just shows the deteriation of Orr. He went from having an iron chin to getting dropped 3 times in a little over a year. His chin is going, and when it does hopefully so dont the TOronto homers coming up with every excuse in the book..

Old
10-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Hard to be a "scary guy" when you look at who he has fought in that time period and it includes Byrin Bitz, Evander Kane, Tim Jackman(has he ever won a fight). His toughest opposition last year was Liffiton and COnboy - not much when it comes to being heavyweight fighters...He did fight Kevin westgarth 2 seasons ago, his only legit fight against a HW in that time period, and i am guessing that was one of his losses. His record would be more impressive had it been against real competition but it wasnt, so i take it lightly. I thinkg this just shows the deteriation of Orr. He went from having an iron chin to getting dropped 3 times in a little over a year. His chin is going, and when it does hopefully so dont the TOronto homers coming up with every excuse in the book..
He has a win and a loss in two fights with Westgarth as well as a win against Jeremy Yablonski. I already listed some of the guys on his card. He fought less last year at the request of WBS' coaches, as he was playing on the top pairing.

Last edited by Zen Arcade: 10-15-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old
10-15-2010, 11:06 AM
eyeball11

Quote:
His card could include Wichester, Tarnasky, Eager, Bell, Jackman, Gleason, Ruutu, Bradley, Melichar, Lapierre, etc.

Old
10-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Catamarca Livin

I think Orr is almost done. After this year fighting Shelly, Boogaard, McGratton, Godard, King and so on, he will not survive. Last year the east was not tough and Orr bullied many teams so he is responsible for arming these teams. Philly got Shelley because of that fight last year against Orr. Orr is great offensive fighter but his chin is leaving him, and there are alot of guys who got contracts just to fight him.

Catamarca Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 02:58 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killahpunk View Post
Not an Orr fan, but had he made good on the right he threw, they both would have gone down.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Jeffrey93

This might have been mentioned already but I just noticed it...or at least I think I did.

Engelland's helmet ended up spinning around and coming down in front of his face...he started to try to get it off and it appeared, to me anyway, that Orr stopped throwing and helped him get rid of it first.

Anyone else notice that? I only saw one angle so can't be positive but that's how it looked.

Jeffrey93 is offline   Reply With Quote