HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Engelland vs Orr

Old
10-15-2010, 07:54 PM
lancer247

vCash: 500
how many times can this guy get KO'd before he changes his style or starts walkin around like Ali?

Reminds me of the jim kyte. he was a hell of a fighter then got his bell rung one too many times and became a punching bag.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 12:02 AM
leafsforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
At some point you'd have to think Orr is going to have to start tucking in his chin. You can only take so many shots like that before it starts catching up with you. I love the way he fights, but it's not exactly the road to longevity.

Godard, Carkner, Shelley, and now Engelland have TKO'd him in the past couple of years.
LOLWUT Carkner dropped him? Lololololol. Other way around

leafsforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsforever View Post
LOLWUT Carkner dropped him? Lololololol. Other way around
He got tko'd by Carkner in their second fight.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 12:12 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
how many times can this guy get KO'd before he changes his style or starts walkin around like Ali?

Reminds me of the jim kyte. he was a hell of a fighter then got his bell rung one too many times and became a punching bag.
Yeah, Kyte is a good comparison. He could really throw some bombs, but he left himself open too many times. When I was a kid I just thought Kyte was an awful fighter, it wasn't until later on that I found out how good he was before all the head injuries.

A lot of guys end up with concussion issues if they fight that style, unless they have the reach to keep the other guy locked out. Orr really doesn't. He's a great and exciting fighter, but his chin may be going. I hope not though.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 01:08 AM
H2ODP

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Can't blame ya.. Carkner's been pumped what, 4 times now?
Try twice..

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:50 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
Again?

k
Jody Shelly last year also one punched him.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 12:07 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey93 View Post
This might have been mentioned already but I just noticed it...or at least I think I did.

Engelland's helmet ended up spinning around and coming down in front of his face...he started to try to get it off and it appeared, to me anyway, that Orr stopped throwing and helped him get rid of it first.

Anyone else notice that? I only saw one angle so can't be positive but that's how it looked.
Exactly what happened, he definitely underestimated Engelland, should have used him being blind to just pound him but he got cocky and pulled a gentleman's move. As a Leafs fan I love Orr, very exciting fighter, not one of those boring wrestlers, whenever he fights you know there's gonna be nothing but bombs landing (mostly by Orr, sometimes on Orr). However, his style is reckless and a half, hopefully he doesn't end his career early with one too many shots to the head. But if boxers can get smoked in the face as many times as they do in their careers hopefully Colton can continue to take bombs like these without *TOO* many serious side effects.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 03:59 PM
LC

Hard to say if his chin is going, considering that was a freaking bomb that could knock most people out.

LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Orr had him, until that last bomb by Englland. Oh well, You win some, you lose some.

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 12:47 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Craig View Post
understand why: he humiliates your favourite team's alleged tough guy every game and makes the other alleged tough guy hide under the bench like Mike Bossy when Tiger Williams' name is mentioned. Keep hating, it is the Ottawa Senators/Toronto envy way.
You mean Neil, the guy who fought Engelland without a problem?

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 05:19 AM
TheFinalWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
The difference is Neil needs to do well. If he gets hurt, he'll end up out of the NHL and how will he survive seeing as how he's bankrupted himself.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 06:59 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord View Post
The difference is Neil needs to do well. If he gets hurt, he'll end up out of the NHL and how will he survive seeing as how he's bankrupted himself.
See this is the problem with the NHL in Canada, too many fans read the Sun. Whats worse, they believe the stuff in there.

Old
10-21-2010, 05:39 AM
Cams

I am curious to know why (saw highlight of the Neil - Engelland fight) that Pittsburgh announcers, and most of the Leaf and/or Orr haters (who will nitpick just to make themselves feel good) keep insisting this fight, or any other of Orr's losses (every loses a fight at least a few times in the their career by the way) were "one punch" KOs......???? Engelland threw way more than one punch, Shelley - same thing. It's quite obvious that a single punch would result in this, but there are many punches leading up to KO punch.

One punch KO - Fighter A throws one punch (in the entire fight) and fighter B goes down.

Geez - by most of your logic every fight that ends in a big take down/KO must be a one punch KO then.....

This applies to more than just this specific fight, but the one punch comments are comical. Obviously it makes you all warm and happy inside, so go ahead and keep living in your perpetually sunny world and just make sure to drop us here in reality a hello once in a while.

Cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cams View Post
I am curious to know why (saw highlight of the Neil - Engelland fight) that Pittsburgh announcers, and most of the Leaf and/or Orr haters (who will nitpick just to make themselves feel good) keep insisting this fight, or any other of Orr's losses (every loses a fight at least a few times in the their career by the way) were "one punch" KOs......???? Engelland threw way more than one punch, Shelley - same thing. It's quite obvious that a single punch would result in this, but there are many punches leading up to KO punch.

One punch KO - Fighter A throws one punch (in the entire fight) and fighter B goes down.

Geez - by most of your logic every fight that ends in a big take down/KO must be a one punch KO then.....

This applies to more than just this specific fight, but the one punch comments are comical. Obviously it makes you all warm and happy inside, so go ahead and keep living in your perpetually sunny world and just make sure to drop us here in reality a hello once in a while.

Good question, i've seen this around many times as well and it makes no sense.

This is a one punch "KO/KD"

Engelland v. Orr is nothing like that.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 09:12 AM
schmidtlesauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cams View Post

I think this was meant by the actual ko hit. sometimes a fighter lands one good shot and dazes the opponent. then a second punch is usually landed and the fighter goes down. a one punch ko in the reference of the announcers is the series of punches leading to the end of the fight. engelland hit him one really good time and orr went down. the fight between ivanans and macintyre was more like the example i described above

schmidtlesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 09:13 AM
schmidtlesauce

Quote:
it seemed like neil was trying to control him more than fight him. i'd say it was a close draw but it looked like neil was holding on for his safety at the end. if i remember correctly. no youtube at work

schmidtlesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtlesauce View Post
it seemed like neil was trying to control him more than fight him. i'd say it was a close draw but it looked like neil was holding on for his safety at the end. if i remember correctly. no youtube at work
Other way around. Engelland was holding on to the back of Neil's shoulders in a hug.

Old
10-21-2010, 12:36 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD View Post
Orr was too casual. He was tagged multiple times but refused to even attempt to throw up a defense and just wanted to keep throwing. He rocked Engelland as well, but he left himself wide open.

He never respected the guy, and he paid for it.
this is what happened.... i bet next fight he will have defence up and rock him even harder... looked what happened last year Orr will prolly go after him knowing that he dropped him last time. I bet these two fight next game

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 02:10 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
Other way around. Engelland was holding on to the back of Neil's shoulders in a hug.
And Engelland is the one who skated into the glass, ending the fight

Old
10-21-2010, 02:54 PM
LC

Quote:
Hopefully we get to see an Orr - Neil fight sometime soon.

LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 03:34 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
Hopefully we get to see an Orr - Neil fight sometime soon.
Neil is much too valuable on the ice to waste time with someone like Orr, who is also out of his class. Why would he bother?

Old
10-21-2010, 03:39 PM
dannyboy8920

Quote:
Neil is much too valuable on the ice to waste time with someone like Orr, who is also out of his class. Why would he bother?
So Neil wont fight a Bum like Orr?

He would rather get superstars like Engelland off the ice?

He is so valuable, yet he has scored less goals than this bum named Orr. Sounds weird doesnt it. But truth is.

Stop the trolling....you are clearly just trying to get a rise out of leaf fans...... And i guess it did work.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post

He is so valuable, yet he has scored less goals than this bum named Orr. Sounds weird doesnt it. But truth is.

Stop the trolling....you are clearly just trying to get a rise out of leaf fans...... And i guess it did work.
Truth is Neil had more goals, assists and points in 68 games last year than Orr has in his 332 career games.

Last edited by Bileur: 10-21-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old
10-21-2010, 04:26 PM
dannyboy8920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
Truth is Neil had more goals, assists and points in 68 games last year than Orr has in his 332 career games.
It was a joke and poke at Neil for not being a 'valuable' player to have on the ice.

I would be happy if Orr had 0pts this year, and next. if he does his job and doesnt get in the way.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 04:35 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post

Im the one trolling