HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Pleks gets me two points in my pool.

Old
10-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
No PP goals in 3 games.
Gionta-Gomez not being effective.
Cammy taking stupid penaltys and being selfish.
O'Byrne is just terrible can't wait till Marky is back.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

vCash: 500
the lost still hurt today, the two game this weekend we need points and it's not going to be easy. Buffalo will be a boring game who can go either way and the Sens suck right now but the will wins games eventually.
Auld will likely play one of those game and we can expect him to play like Price did in the 2 last game

We need at least one win this weekend

and everyone is on Gomez back ,sure he didn't play really well but Gionta play scare me right now he need to produce. The way Pouliot play he won't get 20 goals this year, Gomez 15-20 goals so Gionta need to score

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

I honestly think people are too hard on Pouliot. The man is trying that's the important thing for me for the moment. Pouliot is outplaying his linemates Gomez and Gionta. Gomez is pissing me off as much as last season, his passes are rarely on the stick..he's throwing the pucks in the air and hoping that Gionta/Pouliot handle it well...I'm disappointed by him. Also, Pleky is the man! I love him. Cammy is being really strange, taking stupid penalties and stupid decisions (he's getting angry fast).

Note : Why the hell Eller is never on the ice with Kostitsyn on a 4on4...Halpern/Kostitsyn is a ridiculously bad duo.

Anywayz, props to Carey, great goaltending. The bad thing is that he's playing on his head and we lose...what's going to happen when he'll play an OK game?!

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain G View Post
I honestly think people are too hard on Pouliot. The man is trying that's the important thing for me for the moment. Pouliot is outplaying his linemates Gomez and Gionta. Gomez is pissing me off as much as last season, his passes are rarely on the stick..he's throwing the pucks in the air and hoping that Gionta/Pouliot handle it well...I'm disappointed by him. Also, Pleky is the man! I love him. Cammy is being really strange, taking stupid penalties and stupid decisions (he's getting angry fast).

Note : Why the hell Eller is never on the ice with Kostitsyn on a 4on4...Halpern/Kostitsyn is a ridiculously bad duo.

Anywayz, props to Carey, great goaltending. The bad thing is that he's playing on his head and we lose...what's going to happen when he'll play an OK game?!
I don't think Pouliot is playing particularly bad, but I don't think he's playing like a top 6 either. He's playing like a grinder right now. He seems to want to go for the hit every time which makes me wonder that the team is making the same mistake they did with Lats.
Pouliot should focus on create things offensively, not hit every player he can.
If he does do that, I don't mind, as long as he brings his offensive contribution as well. This hasn't been the case so far though.
Gomez line has produced nothing offensively. Pouliot has like 2 shots in 3 games.

As for the 4vs4, I agree, Eller and Kost could make a nice pair, but Martin obviously want a defensively responsible center out there. Although A.Ko has been better, he's not a pro in his zone, and Eller is still just a rookie. So Im not surprised seeing Halpern there.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Roke

If this blogger reads HF, I'd just like to say that you're awesome for tracking all this stuff:

http://enattendantlesnordiques.blogs...ontreal-3.html

Habs out-chanced 31-16 (22-15 at even-strength). We got out-chanced 2-1 when we were on the powerplay.

Last season there were ten games where we gave up 10 or more scoring chances than we had. More of the same.

Fun fact: Moen-Boyd-Pyatt did not get a single scoring chance last night.

Roke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
If this blogger reads HF, I'd just like to say that you're awesome for tracking all this stuff:

http://enattendantlesnordiques.blogs...ontreal-3.html

Habs out-chanced 31-16 (22-15 at even-strength). We got out-chanced 2-1 when we were on the powerplay.

Last season there were ten games where we gave up 10 or more scoring chances than we had. More of the same.

Fun fact: Moen-Boyd-Pyatt did not get a single scoring chance last night.
And what constitutes a scoring chance?

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 02:57 PM
kernkraft

Subban did not play as good as in Toronto and it`d be very hard to top what he did in Pittsburgh

AK is now a much more complete player and it shows. His offensive game is warming up. Nowhere near the amount of mistakes as before. Looks to be his coming out season (if 2007-2008 wasn`t).

Plekanec and Cammalleri (has to stop those penalties though) still very good on offense

Gomez and Gionta are still having a hard time

Pouliot is trying but he`s a bit unlucky

Spacek played better, but Hamrlik was atrocious out there (to be expected), Gill`s skating is so bad he looks injured

Price stood on his head

We`re running a fire drill in our defensive zone and our special teams are way in the negative, that`s the real problem

Eller really improved his game tonight, liked a lot of what I saw. He needs to be with better players, Halpern should move to the fourth line and Eller should center Boyd and Lapierre. Eller is the best center prospect we`ve had in 10 years, he has to start taking faceoffs and play a centerman`s game in the NHL

Penalties were OK. Subban gave a pretty good slash on that last call and Boyd was simply outmuscled, you can`t fall down like that from a stick check.

Take the point and move on.

Last edited by kernkraft: 10-14-2010 at 03:02 PM.
kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Stradale

For a first game in 5 months, i think Hammer did very well yesterday.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 03:20 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
The definition is on the site but generally, it's a "solid shot from the slot", generally defined as being from the crease up to the top of the circles. That's where the vast majority of goals are scored. Blocked shots do not count, missed shots do. Allowances are made for screens and cross-ice plays. It's by necessity a bit subjective (like any eyeballed stat like this), but Olivier is very accurate and when they had another guy cross-reference the scoring chances they were very close to each other. So I'd say the accuracy is very good.

Olivier's blog is a fantastic read in general.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
No PP goals in 3 games.
Gionta-Gomez not being effective.
Cammy taking stupid penaltys and being selfish.
O'Byrne is just terrible can't wait till Marky is back.
O'byrne was terrible in preseason, but IMHO he's been very solid since the start of the year. If Martin wasn't so loyal I'd say Spacek would see the press box occasionally with Markov back. He had a couple of huge hits last night and did a good job of using his body to block out players going to the net.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Watching Malone play just confirmed me that we need that kind of player to complement Gio and G-Love.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 04:06 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Watching Malone play just confirmed me that we need that kind of player to complement Gio and G-Love.
No. The guy they need is Cammy, or a guy much like Cammy.

Gio is the drive-to-the net guy. Gomez takes the puck low. They need a guy who can be effective as the high forward. If you put Malone on that line, he and Gio will both drive the net and crowd each other and there won't be a high man to defend should there be a turnover down low. Cammy can be highly effective shooting from the high slot and he has the defensive awareness to be effective as the high man after a turnover.

That, plus a guy like Malone will get wasted on a team that spends so little time in the O-zone.

Old
10-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
No. The guy they need is Cammy, or a guy much like Cammy.

Gio is the drive-to-the net guy. Gomez takes the puck low. They need a guy who can be effective as the high forward. If you put Malone on that line, he and Gio will both drive the net and crowd each other and there won't be a high man to defend should there be a turnover down low. Cammy can be highly effective shooting from the high slot and he has the defensive awareness to be effective as the high man after a turnover.

That, plus a guy like Malone will get wasted on a team that spends so little time in the O-zone.
With the way Plekanec is playing, maybe we should try Cammy with Gomer and Gio since Plekanec will make everyone work.

Id try AK-Plek-Eller. AK and Eller seems to have some kind of chemestry in preseason, add Plekanec and it could make an interesting line.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 05:22 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
With the way Plekanec is playing, maybe we should try Cammy with Gomer and Gio since Plekanec will make everyone work.

Id try AK-Plek-Eller. AK and Eller seems to have some kind of chemestry in preseason, add Plekanec and it could make an interesting line.
I think that eventually this is how it's going to shake out -- 13-11-21 and 46-14-81 -- but it'll take some time to get there, including the fact that Martin quite legitimately doesn't want to rush Eller into things and also because the Eller-Halpern-Lapierre line is doing a pretty good job as the third line.

Old
10-15-2010, 01:49 PM
OlivierB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Hey. I am the guy recording those chances. Quickly:

- I record a scoring chance when a shot on goal or a missed shot is taken from the "home plate" area. That is: from the goalpost, to the faceoff dot to the top of the faceoff circles.

- I don't count blocked shots because, well, the shooter was denied by the defense
- I don't count whiffed shots because the shooter didn't actually challenge the goaltender
- I do count missed shot and most weak shots from the home plate area because a shooter never purposedly misses the net or shoots feebly.
- Most of the time, I record a scoring chance for a goal scored from outside the scoring chances area but there are exceptions (say, a guy tries a pass from behind the net, pucks rebounds on a defender skates into the net; that's plain old luck). There aren't many of these in a given year.

I've recorder 100 of last year's 101 games (the guys at Coppernblue.com were recording the Phi-MTL series so I took a night off ) and I wrote, in french, a pretty massive post on the year's results (it's here if you wanna practice your french / look at the pretty charts)

I don't pretend to get the results for every game the very night the game happened; I may actually get a few games late at times, but I will score all of them again this year. It's fun!

I still haven't settled on a precise chart format, but it's always built on the same frame, that is showing the head to head results for scoring chances, corsi events (which I name TVF) and Zone Starts (MenJ).

OlivierB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 02:15 PM
phoque taupe

wow nice job

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote