HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hockey Monkey stick deal

Old
10-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Joey13

vCash: 500
Hockey Monkey stick deal

Mystery stick 2-pack:
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/mystery-...k-pack-sr.html

I know this is a fairly new offer but has anyone done this with Hockeymonkey before - and if so, how did it work out?

Joey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain

Unless you plan on re-selling the sticks, I see no point in going for this....

I dont know about anyone else, but i'm kinda particular about flex, curve, lie etc..

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 12:12 AM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Weathers View Post
Unless you plan on re-selling the sticks, I see no point in going for this....

I dont know about anyone else, but i'm kinda particular about flex, curve, lie etc..
Indeed, kind of weird for sure, and they're almost certainly doing this to clear out weird flexes/patterns that nobody wants, so don't be surprised to end up with a 110 flex stick with some crazy heel curve. But it is a crazy discount, $600+ worth of sticks for $140, I guess you could take the chance that you get a good one, and if you don't like em it shouldn't be too hard to see a new, $300ish stick for $70 to get your money back.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Frankie Spankie

Trust me guys, DO NOT GET THIS! I tried it out because I wanted to test out a couple different flexes and blades but there's one key word in the description that you're missing.

The two sticks I got were:

Warrior Mac Daddy Kovalev 75 flex (I actually really liked this stick but it broke pretty quickly)
Reebok 7K Niko Kapanen 100 flex (I didn't even know they made a Niko Kapanen blade to sell)

They don't sell the 7K anymore but when I checked when I first got it, it was selling for something like $80-100. The MacDaddy is still on their site for $100.

The key word you're missing out on is "Original" retail value of the sticks you receive will be at least $275.00. I bet most composite sticks were that expensive at some point when they first came out. Fact of the matter is, you'll save like $20 but not even get to choose the blade or flex. Such a waste of money.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain

^^^ pretty much what I would expect

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 06:06 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
Trust me guys, DO NOT GET THIS! I tried it out because I wanted to test out a couple different flexes and blades but there's one key word in the description that you're missing.

The two sticks I got were:

Warrior Mac Daddy Kovalev 75 flex (I actually really liked this stick but it broke pretty quickly)
Reebok 7K Niko Kapanen 100 flex (I didn't even know they made a Niko Kapanen blade to sell)

They don't sell the 7K anymore but when I checked when I first got it, it was selling for something like $80-100. The MacDaddy is still on their site for $100.

The key word you're missing out on is "Original" retail value of the sticks you receive will be at least $275.00. I bet most composite sticks were that expensive at some point when they first came out. Fact of the matter is, you'll save like $20 but not even get to choose the blade or flex. Such a waste of money.
Fair enough, a definite no-go then!

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote