HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/14/10 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2010, 04:54 AM
AUSTRIANbolt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Great win! I can't wait to watch the game later.
Have fun

3rd goal was great, perfect play

Is Gagne - Lecavalier - Purcell our new 2nd line?

Old
10-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
No, no, no. He has played well compared to what he normally does, but no.
Yeah, agree, he hasn't make any mistakes but Lundin has played the best defense in the team, by far.

Old
10-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Savi

Send a message via ICQ to Savi
Just watched the game, I taped it as it was shown on ESPN America. Really impressed with the overall team performance. They weren't dominant or anything, but they look so much stronger than last year. Very effective on offense and no defensive breakdowns.

Old
10-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Devshockey1215

Any idea if Mike Smith is looking to get the nod tommorow against the panthers or will Ellis get another game in?

Old
10-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Texas R

Send a message via ICQ to Texas R Send a message via MSN to Texas R
Hope to see Ellis a little more often after his performance last night. Way better than Smith IMO.

Not much to critisize when you're 3-0

Old
10-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
I feel more confident with Ellis than with Smith

Old
10-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Same.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
No, no, no. He has played well compared to what he normally does, but no.
Yes he has. Just watch for him this Saturday if you don't believe me.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:21 AM
CommunistDayKare
I'M SORRY RUM HAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
I feel more confident with Ellis than with Smith
Pretty much.

It's not a knock on Smith either. Just his play style can leave you holding your breath sometimes.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:47 AM
LetsNotUseNames

Ellis was impressive last night. Was disappointed in the Briere goal, because it could have been saved and gave the Flyers some life. He looked very sharp otherwise.

First goal was more on Vernace, as was the goal given up to Lapierre in Montreal; apparently Guy saw that as well...

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...ss-for/1128205

Quote:
For the second straight game, D Mike Vernace was benched after a misplay
Did anyone else see what happened at the bench as the Lightning brought the puck into the Flyers zone before the second goal? I know they showed a clip of it after the game on Versus. Gagne, who was offside, stepped off the ice just before the puck carrier (Purcell I think) entered the zone. What they didn't show was that another player was about to jump off the bench, and probably would have thrown the play offside, but hesitated just a few seconds. Good to see everyone paying attention to details and being focused in general, especially after playing in Montreal the previous night, getting to the hotel at 3 am, Gagne's return, etc.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC View Post
Yes he has. Just watch for him this Saturday if you don't believe me.
Well, I don't, no offense to you. Jones has been passable lately and luckily has been used with a partner (Lundin or Hedman) who have taken it upon themselves to kind of remove him from the play and handle the breakout. Jones hasn't been bad, don't get me wrong... he just hasn't been great either. Not that i'm expecting him to be great.

Old
10-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Rschmitz

No offense taken. I can't believe nobody else sees just how good he has been, I really feel like I am watching a different game than everybody else. Hes not out there that often, but when he is, he has played like our best defenseman. Small sample size but I think Boucher has noticed and is giving him more ice time and SH/PP time. I've been saying this so much I'm starting to feel annoying, but I'm just shocked at the lack of credit he is getting.

Old
10-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC View Post
No offense taken. I can't believe nobody else sees just how good he has been, I really feel like I am watching a different game than everybody else. Hes not out there that often, but when he is, he has played like our best defenseman. Small sample size but I think Boucher has noticed and is giving him more ice time and SH/PP time. I've been saying this so much I'm starting to feel annoying, but I'm just shocked at the lack of credit he is getting.
Well to be fair, our defense as a whole has been lack luster. Were missing Ohlund bad right now....

Old
10-15-2010, 02:09 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

I just watched the game. I really liked how the team played in the 3rd period. The 1st period was kinda slow on our side but you had to expect it (back-to-back road games, the team arrived at 3am at the hotel). Great passing from Marty and Downie to set up Kubina's goal. Absolute world class. Aside from The Downie (best player on the ice IMHO) once again Purcell cought my eye - he's become so much more confident under Boucher it's almost scary. I also liked Hall and - of course - Moore out there.

With Ohlund hopefully returning some time soon this team has great potential. Imagine just another 20+min solid D-man back there instead of turnover-machine Mike Vernace (he's just not ready yet IMHO). By the way, Smaby only played just a little over 4 minutes.

Last edited by LightningStrikes: 10-15-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old
10-15-2010, 04:20 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
Jones hasn't been Prongerish or anything but he's been better than expected on both ends of the ice. For what King and Flyer fans described as one of the worst regular players in the NHL he's been a pleasant surprise along with Clark, Purcell, Thompson etc.

Old
10-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yzerman effect View Post
Jones hasn't been Prongerish or anything but he's been better than expected on both ends of the ice. For what King and Flyer fans described as one of the worst regular players in the NHL he's been a pleasant surprise along with Clark, Purcell, Thompson etc.
I think Boucher has a lot to do with it. Its great the team is playing so hard. I think I saw Vinny back check some too. Which is a good sign.

Old
10-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltzBalla View Post
I think Boucher has a lot to do with it. Its great the team is playing so hard. I think I saw Vinny back check some too. Which is a good sign.
Yep, I think Boucher has a ton to do with it as well. The problems that Clark and Jones have had in other systems are covered up nicely here, the puck pursuit style hides a lot of their weaknesses. Something that Jones has made monumental strides on individually is his board work. One of his greatest flaws coming in was that he wasn't using his body to his advantage, but from what I've seen he is just as good as Kubina and Hedman. I'm really excited about our group of defensemen.

Closed Thread