HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarkko Immonen

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2004, 08:33 PM
xander

vCash: 500
Jarkko Immonen

Does anyone know whats up with him? Most people who've seen him play seem to be saying that he's been doing quite well this year. I seem to recall hearing that the Rangers have had no discussions with him about coming over. Is this true? If so, why wouldn't it be prudent to bring him over to atleast get a year in the AHL if he can't make the team?

Old
06-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Prucha73

I think he is just what we need a smart, skilled playmaking center. He is not very big, I think he is not a very fast skater, anybody know if his skating has improved over the last year? If Rangers don't bring him over it would be a HUGE waste of talent and asset. If Sather didn't plan on giving him a shot, then why include him in the Leetch trade?

Old
06-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

It might be worthwhile for a lot of European kids to stay over there next season. If their is a lockout, you could see some prime competition in those leagues.

Old
06-09-2004, 09:56 PM
DarthSather99

I could be wrong but I think Tukonen played on the same line with him, Can anyone read Finnish?

http://www.blues.fi/index2.php?m=1&s=3

Old
06-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Fish

I think they're just sorted in numerical order DS...

Old
06-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
I could be wrong but I think Tukonen played on the same line with him, Can anyone read Finnish?

I think that is the wrong Immonen, there are 2 players named Jarkko Immonen.

Old
06-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
It might be worthwhile for a lot of European kids to stay over there next season. If their is a lockout, you could see some prime competition in those leagues.
I rather at least see them in AHL so they would be introduced to North American style hockey and be a step closer to NHL.

Old
06-09-2004, 10:49 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99

thats the wrong immonen...there are 2 guys with the same name, our immonen played for JYP

Old
06-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
I rather at least see them in AHL so they would be introduced to North American style hockey and be a step closer to NHL.
he can make more money in europe and may have no shot playing in the nhl next season. why would he want to go a world away? why would he want to ride a bus for 8 hours to portland when he can be home?

i honestly think if the nhl has a hard 35 million dollar cap and players paychecks drop dramatically over the next 5 years more europeans are going to stay home. look at the russian league and how much owners are willing to spend for top russian talent. players get to play less games in wide open rinks. the nhl may take a huge step backwards talent wise in the next decade. what ruined hockey was not the european players defending themselves with high sticks its the north american with less skill beating up on skillled guys.

Old
06-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
he can make more money in europe and may have no shot playing in the nhl next season. why would he want to go a world away? why would he want to ride a bus for 8 hours to portland when he can be home?

i honestly think if the nhl has a hard 35 million dollar cap and players paychecks drop dramatically over the next 5 years more europeans are going to stay home. look at the russian league and how much owners are willing to spend for top russian talent. players get to play less games in wide open rinks. the nhl may take a huge step backwards talent wise in the next decade. what ruined hockey was not the european players defending themselves with high sticks its the north american with less skill beating up on skillled guys.
Good point, sooner or later NHL will probably adapt the wider rink I think.

Old
06-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Good point, sooner or later NHL will probably adapt the wider rink I think.
I hope

Old
06-10-2004, 01:39 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

one slight problem. People have to care enough about the sport in order to justify making that costly of an adjustment. Sadly as a whole people don't care about hockey.

Secondly, the powers that be will never let that happen.

Thirdly, anyone who has seen european hockey knows that as a whole they are facing the same problems we are. Clutching and grabbing have slowed their game down and made it almost as boring as ours.

The solution comes in these dog gone referees finally calling penalties instead of standing their like fans with the best seats in the house.

you could have the game played on a soccor field and you're gonna have the same problems you do now unless someone cuts these uncalled penalties out of the game.

Old
06-10-2004, 10:36 AM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
The solution comes in these dog gone referees finally calling penalties instead of standing their like fans with the best seats in the house.
Great point. The problem is that every time the NHL tells the refs to crack down, they start calling lots and lots of penalties, and everyone complains about there being no even-strength play. Everyone needs to chip in: the nhl, players, refs, and media need to accept that if the refs actually do their job, there will be a certain period of adjustment, as the players get used to it. They should all realise that this might take all season and stick with it, not pay lip-service for 2 months and then go back to business as usual.

As for the Jarkkos Immonen: ours, Jarkko Immonen, plays for JYP and is a dynamic offensive playmaker; the other, Jarkko A. Immonen, was drafted by Dallas, and is, I believe, more a two-way player, in the mould of the Finns who play for the Stars. Jarkko A. Immonen is almost 2 years younger and only just started playing in the SM-Liiga for Espoo Blues.

They both could make the NHL, which will, of course be lots of fun for Sam, JD and all the other announcers who can't pronounce European names. It's a good thing there aren't two Antero Niitymäkis...

Old
06-10-2004, 03:15 PM
Padawan
Former power tripper

If you have any questions considering Jarkko Immonen, just ask. I'll try to answer all questions. I'll answer pm's or questions in this thread.

Old
06-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Dgrohl8

In my opinion we need to get Immonen over here and sign him because we need centers and this guy can be a very good 2nd line center and at the worst a good 3rd line center in my opinion and if we bring him over it will let us chose some more BPA's in the draft because we would know we have atleast a few centers in are organization

Old
06-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Fletch

At worst, dgrohl8...

immonen can suck and not be able to play at the NHL level. I don't think his downside is that of a third line NHLer, which ain't so bad.

Closed Thread