HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME 5: "Quiet Crowd" | Islanders @ Penguins | Fri, Oct 15, 2010 | 7:00 PM (et)

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2010, 10:32 AM
regard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
They are not....Godard didnt get the rushes. It could change...but it looks like he is the odd man out. My point is if Godard is not needed against Zonopka and Gillies...and against a team where the score often gets out of control.....he needs to go.
Yeah if Engellend and Rupp() are enough to go with Kenopka and Gillies out there Im starting to think were okay. Ill reserve judgement though until we play the Rangers.
Also this is pre-Asham.

Having to play Engellend as a 7th Dman over Rupp might be a better option then playing Godard for 3 minutes. So long as Engellend continues to look servicable.
(Besides Biznasty said hes tough enough, who am I to argue?)

Old
10-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
Yeah if Engellend and Rupp() are enough to go with Kenopka and Gillies out there Im starting to think were okay. Ill reserve judgement though until we play the Rangers.
Also this is pre-Asham.

Having to play Engellend as a 7th Dman over Rupp might be a better option then playing Godard for 3 minutes. So long as Engellend continues to look servicable.
(Besides Biznasty said hes tough enough, who am I to argue?)
But Engelland will sit when Michalek returns. And the way Rupp is playing, he'll posssibly sit as well when Asham returns (though with Bylsma, maybe Comrie and Letestu sit before Rupp).

Point is, before we get rid of Godard, let's make sure we know what we're doing. If you waive Godard, he's a goner.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:36 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Barr View Post
brb tearing phonebooks in half
Can I burn the scraps of paper when your done?

Fire relaxes me.

Or wait...we could burn the phone books and then toss an effigy of DB into the flames.

Yay or nay?

Old
10-15-2010, 10:36 AM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
brb tearing phonebooks in half

Old
10-15-2010, 10:37 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
But Engelland will sit when Michalek returns. And the way Rupp is playing, he'll posssibly sit as well when Asham returns (though with Bylsma, maybe Comrie and Letestu sit before Rupp).

Point is, before we get rid of Godard, let's make sure we know what we're doing. If you waive Godard, he's a goner.
I really can't see Disco sitting Rupp.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:40 AM
regard

Quote:

Oh I totally agree. I think we need to play the Rangers a few times before we'd make that decision.
Im just proposing playing Engellend over Godard at times. Just cause im thinking so long as the other team is playing an enforcer who isnt Boogaard then maybe Engellend would be enough with Asham there for lesser guys(agitator types).

Basically saying I think Engellend as a 7th dman would have a better impact then Godard playing equal or less minutes as a 12th forward. He'd bring a little added physicality and he could be paired with Martin, Michalek, Orpik during easy ES minutes. (Again so long as he continues to look servicable.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87
Shouldn't have to be either/or, though. Having Comrie in there is a no-brainer. If he goes pointless for the next 15 games, then cut his ass. But at least give him a chance to do what he was brought here to do...produce. As for Godard, again I like having him in the lineup...less minutes for him means more for Sid and Geno. And everybody plays with that added level of comfort knowing the Godzilla is on the bench.
Agreed.
And the bolded part would still work with a 7th dman.

Old
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Where's that damn Costanza "Khaaaaaaaaaaaan" reference. Now I need it, too.

Old
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Disco will sit anybody....and I am obviously in the minority....but I love it. Dupuis is playing much harder since being moved down. I will bet Comrie looks like a man possessed tonight. I know none of you haters will give DB any credit though. Its the Pittsburgh way...Once in the doghouse...always in the doghouse.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:42 AM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
Oh I totally agree. I think we need to play the Rangers a few times before we'd make that decision.
Im just proposing playing Engellend over Godard at times. Just cause im thinking so long as the other team is playing an enforcer who isnt Boogaard then maybe Engellend would be enough with Asham there for less guys(agitator types).

Basically saying I think Engellend as a 7th dman would have a better impact then Godard playing equal or less minutes as a 12th forward. He'd bring a little added physicality and he could be paired with Martin, Michalek, Orpik during easy ES minutes. (Again so long as he continues to look servicable.)

Agreed.
And the bolded part would still work with a 7th dman.
You're right, regard. It's hard to get around to the notion that we are in fact offensively challenged, but we are. There's no way we can afford to play Godard 71 times this season, which is what we did his first injury-free season with us.

Then again, Godard has as many goals so far this season as top-sixer Dupuis. But I digress.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:44 AM
regard

Quote:
Disco will sit anybody....and I am obviously in the minority....but I love it. Dupuis is playing much harder since being moved down. I will bet Comrie looks like a man possessed tonight. I know none of you haters will give DB any credit though. Its the Pittsburgh way...Once in the doghouse...always in the doghouse.
IDK if I would go so far as to say he'll sit anybody but we'll see.......Bylsma-lover.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:46 AM
regard

Quote:
You're right, regard. It's hard to get around to the notion that we are in fact offensively challenged, but we are. There's no way we can afford to play Godard 71 times this season, which is what we did his first injury-free season with us.

Then again, Godard has as many goals so far this season as top-sixer Dupuis. But I digress.
Yeah were pretty much set up so that we look to need another deadline rental this season.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:47 AM
MTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz View Post
I believe Tavares is out, too, but he might be a game time decision. Either way, it's the kind of situation we need to capitalize on and come away with two points. With that said this same Islander's squad almost beat a Caps team that has been near invincible at home and they still have some pretty decent players on the roster, so I don't think it'll come easy (as if they ever do, right?). Plus we're pretty banged up, obviously. Regardless, we need a win badly here.

I can only hope Comrie is in the lineup for Bylsma's sake. He deserves all of the flack he gets if Godard dresses in his absence yet again over far more deserving culprits like Rupp and Adams.
Tavares didn't travel with the team. He will not play until Saturday.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
No coach will sit anybody, so that's a silly statement to make. Secondly, Dupuis will always play hard...that's his thing. He needs to be demoted or sat BECAUSE HE COULDN'T SCORE WITH BRITTANY SPEARS, not because of effort.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:49 AM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
No coach will sit anybody, so that's a silly statement to make. Secondly, Dupuis will always play hard...that's his thing. He needs to be demoted or sat BECAUSE HE COULDN'T SCORE WITH BRITTANY SPEARS, not because of effort.
Listen to why he was demoted....it was bc of effort. You should argue with facts.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Listen to why he was demoted....it was bc of effort. You should argue with facts.
Can you think for yourself, or are you merely a Bylsma PR guy?

Old
10-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Kinguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Yes, but it's back spasms, not a knee.
Thanks for the info, pal, I'm gonna pay a visit on the Isles' GDT as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Martin View Post
Ya, and we both should have displayed Engelland after his battle with Orr.
Can't stop watching it.
It's there, bud.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:02 AM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
Can you think for yourself, or are you merely a Bylsma PR guy?
I refuse to throw the guy under the bus already. You people make me embarrassed to be a Pittsburgh fan. Dan Byslma took over a team that was several games out of a playoff spot...getting severely outplayed every night. Won a Stanley Cup. The next year earned another top 4 seed. Got 1 game from the conference finals, but ran into the same hot goalie that knocked off the president trophy team. Outshoot that team severely. Now 4 games into a season that we have lost 3 games by 1 goal each and have outshot our opponents in all 3.....he should be fired? Forget the fact our 3 best defensive players are hurt, forget he fact our 2 superstars have 2 goals, forget the fact our 5 million dollar goalie is being outplayed night in and night out. Fire Dan Byslma....really? Pittsburgh=Formerly The City Of Champions...Now known as The Knee Jerk City

Old
10-15-2010, 11:08 AM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Yeah there is way to much throwing Bylsma under the bus. He isn't perfect but he is the right guy for us at the moment. He is also working with a very unbalanced line-up.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Dan Barr

Quote:
I refuse to throw the guy under the bus already. You people make me embarrassed to be a Pittsburgh fan. Dan Byslma took over a team that was several games out of a playoff spot...getting severely outplayed every night. Won a Stanley Cup. The next year earned another top 4 seed. Got 1 game from the conference finals, but ran into the same hot goalie that knocked off the president trophy team. Outshoot that team severely. Now 4 games into a season that we have lost 3 games by 1 goal each and have outshot our opponents in all 3.....he should be fired? Forget the fact our 3 best defensive players are hurt, forget he fact our 2 superstars have 2 goals, forget the fact our 5 million dollar goalie is being outplayed night in and night out. Fire Dan Byslma....really? Pittsburgh=Formerly The City Of Champions...Now known as The Knee Jerk City
So you think Bylsma did a good job last season?

By the way, I and I'm sure some others resent you telling us we're bad fans because we don't blindly worship every decision the organization has made.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:23 AM
laufer72
Ashburton Grove

I want to ask everybody here for opinion.......what do you think about the bolded part?

Quote:
On how he determines who plays in each game:
I don’t have a page in a book that I turn to for this answer, but right now penalty killing is a big factor in who is in the lineup. It’s not the sole reason, but we’re short in that regard. How you’re playing is another big factor, probably more important than line chemistry, which isn’t too high on my list. I change them up too often for that to be the case.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:29 AM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
So you think Bylsma did a good job last season?

By the way, I and I'm sure some others resent you telling us we're bad fans because we don't blindly worship every decision the organization has made.
He was good...not great. I don't blindly worship every decision they make. I was very hard on Shero about the Gonchar thing.....I thought we were gonna get screwed. I think Therrien lost his job bc of the bad summer Shero had in 2008. He handled that Hossa situation like crap, ultimatley cost us Malone, we got lucky with Orpik, and ended up with a horrible contract with Satan. Overpaid for Duper and Eaton. Granted he made up for it at the deadline. I have some concearns about DB's lack of experience for sure, but to call for his head already is absurd.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:37 AM
regard

Quote:
He was good...not great. I don't blindly worship every decision they make. I was very hard on Shero about the Gonchar thing.....I thought we were gonna get screwed. I think Therrien lost his job bc of the bad summer Shero had in 2008. He handled that Hossa situation like crap, ultimatley cost us Malone, we got lucky with Orpik, and ended up with a horrible contract with Satan. Overpaid for Duper and Eaton. Granted he made up for it at the deadline. I have some concearns about DB's lack of experience for sure, but to call for his head already is absurd.
Therrien lost his job because he couldnt win 3rd periods.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:40 AM
regard

Quote:
Theres not nearly as much Fire Bylsma stuff going on as you make it seem. Just people questioning and complaining. lol

But if a couple of internet posters make you embarrased to be a Pittsburgh fan I dont know what to tell you.
A. You dont have to be here.
B. You dont have to be a Pittsburgh fan.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Dan Barr

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer72 View Post
I want to ask everybody here for opinion.......what do you think about the bolded part?
Not too high on his list huh? That's a shocker.

Quote:
I have some concearns about DB's lack of experience for sure, but to call for his head already is absurd.
The Penguins are a contender. Just like how we can't be wasting roster spots on developing players, we can't be wasting time with coaches who don't know what they're doing. There's no salary cap on coaching positions... this team should not be run by a rookie coach.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:48 AM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

During this morning's practice DB had Letestu centering the 4th line, with Talbot centering the 3rd line. I hope do god that he's not actually considering going with this. IF there's any player on this team that doesn't deserve to be demoted, it's Letestu.

Closed Thread