HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME 5: "Quiet Crowd" | Islanders @ Penguins | Fri, Oct 15, 2010 | 7:00 PM (et)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-15-2010, 11:50 AM
  #126
lastcupever75
Philip thenet Kessel
 
lastcupever75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
I refuse to throw the guy under the bus already. You people make me embarrassed to be a Pittsburgh fan. Dan Byslma took over a team that was several games out of a playoff spot...getting severely outplayed every night. Won a Stanley Cup. The next year earned another top 4 seed. Got 1 game from the conference finals, but ran into the same hot goalie that knocked off the president trophy team. Outshoot that team severely. Now 4 games into a season that we have lost 3 games by 1 goal each and have outshot our opponents in all 3.....he should be fired? Forget the fact our 3 best defensive players are hurt, forget he fact our 2 superstars have 2 goals, forget the fact our 5 million dollar goalie is being outplayed night in and night out. Fire Dan Byslma....really? Pittsburgh=Formerly The City Of Champions...Now known as The Knee Jerk City

its as stupid as some thinking tomlin should be fired after their collapse last year

lastcupever75 is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 11:52 AM
  #127
Dread Pirate Roberts
Registered User
 
Dread Pirate Roberts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mountain West
Country: United States
Posts: 5,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcquaticBirdMan66 View Post
During this morning's practice DB had Letestu centering the 4th line, with Talbot centering the 3rd line. I hope do god that he's not actually considering going with this. IF there's any player on this team that doesn't deserve to be demoted, it's Letestu.
That means Dupuis and who else is in the top 6?

I bet it's Rupp, centering Malkin's line

Or Rupp on Crosby's line and Malkin with Dupuis. I'm not sure which choice is worse.

Dread Pirate Roberts is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 11:52 AM
  #128
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 30,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Yeah there is way to much throwing Bylsma under the bus. He isn't perfect but he is the right guy for us at the moment. He is also working with a very unbalanced line-up.
A lot of that is self-inflicted. When you are skill-challenged, and you decide to scratch skill, no sympathy here.

Jag68Sid87 is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 11:52 AM
  #129
MtlPenFan
Registered User
 
MtlPenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 12,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Barr View Post
So you think Bylsma did a good job last season?

By the way, I and I'm sure some others resent you telling us we're bad fans because we don't blindly worship every decision the organization has made.
There's a difference between blind worship and common sense.

MtlPenFan is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 11:54 AM
  #130
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 30,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer72 View Post
I want to ask everybody here for opinion.......what do you think about the bolded part?
Not surprising. Line chemistry is important if, you know, you actually create some.

Jag68Sid87 is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 11:56 AM
  #131
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 30,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
That means Dupuis and who else is in the top 6?

I bet it's Rupp, centering Malkin's line

Or Rupp on Crosby's line and Malkin with Dupuis. I'm not sure which choice is worse.
It's Comrie back centering Line 2. How long that lasts is anybody's guess.

Jag68Sid87 is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 11:57 AM
  #132
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 30,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
There's a difference between blind worship and common sense.
Can you give me an example of common sense, please? Aside from NOT playing Pascal Dupuis as Line 1 RW, I mean.

Jag68Sid87 is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 11:57 AM
  #133
Dread Pirate Roberts
Registered User
 
Dread Pirate Roberts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mountain West
Country: United States
Posts: 5,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
It's Comrie back centering Line 2. How long that lasts is anybody's guess.
That combination actually looked like it was starting to build some chemistry. Can't have that.

Dread Pirate Roberts is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 11:58 AM
  #134
Dan Barr
Registered User
 
Dan Barr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 2,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
There's a difference between blind worship and common sense.
I'm of the opinion that trusting Bylsma right now goes against common sense, because nothing he's done has made any sense at all, whether it be common or uncommon.

Dan Barr is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 12:01 PM
  #135
khaoskennedy
Registered User
 
khaoskennedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Western, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
It's Comrie back centering Line 2. How long that lasts is anybody's guess.
one or two shifts

khaoskennedy is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 12:02 PM
  #136
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culloden View Post
im still hoping we lose the next 5-7 games and Dan gets fired.


Comrie on the fourth line. This is just frigged ridiculous. We need this buffoon fired before he can do anymore damage. I may just write this season off for watching with how blatantly stupid our management is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Bylsma needs to go before Godard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
Theres not nearly as much Fire Bylsma stuff going on as you make it seem. Just people questioning and complaining. lol


But if a couple of internet posters make you embarrased to be a Pittsburgh fan I dont know what to tell you.
A. You dont have to be here.
B. You dont have to be a Pittsburgh fan.
Thats 2 just in this topic alone...can you go to other topic's to quote?...because I could quote 100. A. I have every right to be here B. I have been a Pittsburgh fan all my life. C. I am gonna continue to call you guys out......it's 4 games....get off his back

froods is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 12:04 PM
  #137
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,578
vCash: 500
The Pens will win big tonight and we will get no credit...watch. Dan Byslma can officially do nothing right anymore

froods is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 12:08 PM
  #138
Dan Barr
Registered User
 
Dan Barr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 2,669
vCash: 500
Of course you have every right to be here. You choose to come here. If you don't like reading our stupid opinions, either stick to just reading the articles on the official Pens site, which won't conflict with your views, or put everyone who questions Bylsma on your ignore list. With either of those two scenarios, you can continue living gleefully thinking Bylsma is making all the right decisions.

They say ignorance is bliss, right?

Dan Barr is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 12:10 PM
  #139
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Barr View Post
Of course you have every right to be here. You choose to come here. If you don't like reading our stupid opinions, either stick to just reading the articles on the official Pens site, which won't conflict with your views, or put everyone who questions Bylsma on your ignore list. With either of those two scenarios, you can continue living gleefully thinking Bylsma is making all the right decisions.

They say ignorance is bliss, right?
Or I will keep you guys on Tilt

froods is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 12:11 PM
  #140
regard
Registered User
 
regard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Staal Debates
Country: United States
Posts: 3,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Thats 2 just in this topic alone...can you go to other topic's to quote?...because I could quote 100. A. I have every right to be here B. I have been a Pittsburgh fan all my life. C. I am gonna continue to call you guys out......it's 4 games....get off his back
Actually Jag didnt say he should be fired in that quote.
Just pointing that out. I dont need to defend anyone, Ive stated Im not on the "fire Bylsma" campaign yet but Im close. I dont care if that embarrases you or not Ill think whatever I please.

A. Yes you do, and you have every right to complain about all the rest of us too Ill just start ignoring you.
B. Neat. Then you shouldnt be embarrassed to be a fan because of a few internet posters(that was my point). But hey you have every right to be embarrassed too....even if it doesnt make sense.
C. Neat. "Call me out" all you want I could care less.

regard is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 12:15 PM
  #141
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
Actually Jag didnt say he should be fired in that quote.
Just pointing that out. I dont need to defend anyone, Ive stated Im not on the "fire Bylsma" campaign yet but Im close. I dont care if that embarrases you or not Ill think whatever I please.

A. Yes you do, and you have every right to complain about all the rest of us too Ill just start ignoring you.
B. Neat. Then you shouldnt be embarrassed to be a fan because of a few internet posters(that was my point). But hey you have every right to be embarrassed too....even if it doesnt make sense.
C. Neat. "Call me out" all you want I could care less.
Your gonna ignore me bc I have a different opinion...awesome

froods is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 12:17 PM
  #142
MtlPenFan
Registered User
 
MtlPenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 12,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Barr View Post
I'm of the opinion that trusting Bylsma right now goes against common sense, because nothing he's done has made any sense at all, whether it be common or uncommon.
Yeah I'm hearing a lot of noise, and it leaves me with the impression that people seem to know what they're talking about because they have their own solutions with what they'd do with a banged up lineup that even when healthy, consists of at least 12 out of 15 forwards who are tailor made for 3rd and 4th lines.

Yet I hear no solutions. I hear a lot of political type speak where there's criticism for its own sake without any actual solutions.

It's embarassing that we have a Mike Comrie Scratched thread that's reached 5 pages. It's dangerously close to Hab fan territory.

Detroit's been dominated 2 games in a row. Zetterberg looked last last night. The defending champs haven't won a home game yet. Should Babcock and Quenneville be typing their resumes?

MtlPenFan is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 12:20 PM
  #143
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 30,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Thats 2 just in this topic alone...can you go to other topic's to quote?...because I could quote 100. A. I have every right to be here B. I have been a Pittsburgh fan all my life. C. I am gonna continue to call you guys out......it's 4 games....get off his back
Of course, my comment was more about Godard than Bylsma but if you want to ignore that then that's fine.

My point was Eric Godard should not be tossed to the curve.

Jag68Sid87 is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 12:20 PM
  #144
regard
Registered User
 
regard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Staal Debates
Country: United States
Posts: 3,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Your gonna ignore me bc I have a different opinion...awesome
Ill ignore you complaining about the rest of US having different opinions. <--- = What I said.

regard is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 12:21 PM
  #145
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Of course, my comment was more about Godard than Bylsma but if you want to ignore that then that's fine.

My point was Eric Godard should not be tossed to the curve.
My point remains you have been all over Db's back...and have come close...if not already packed his bags.....am I wrong?

froods is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 12:22 PM
  #146
Killiecrankie*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,999
vCash: 500
Dan Byslma is an example of a guy over his head. It's funny, he is actually better at adjusting his "system" on game days then Therrien but his personal decisions are horrendous.


He loves non skilled hard workers. Dan, just because you sucked at NHL hockey but worked hard doesnt mean you have to reward all the retreads who are like that as well.

How come Talbot, Dupuis, Rupp don't get punished but Letestu, Comrie, and even Kennedy get jerked around because they aren't the definition of "tough"


Seriously Dan, don't let the door get you in the ass on your way out.

Killiecrankie* is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 12:25 PM
  #147
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 30,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Yeah I'm hearing a lot of noise, and it leaves me with the impression that people seem to know what they're talking about because they have their own solutions with what they'd do with a banged up lineup that even when healthy, consists of at least 12 out of 15 forwards who are tailor made for 3rd and 4th lines.

Yet I hear no solutions. I hear a lot of political type speak where there's criticism for its own sake without any actual solutions.

It's embarassing that we have a Mike Comrie Scratched thread that's reached 5 pages. It's dangerously close to Hab fan territory.

Detroit's been dominated 2 games in a row. Zetterberg looked last last night. The defending champs haven't won a home game yet. Should Babcock and Quenneville be typing their resumes?
First of all, you can't be serious suggesting that a lot of us aren't giving opinions on what we should do. Heck, I get flamed for stating opinions about what the team should do all the time, so I don't know what you mean by that. At all.

Secondly, this board will never ever ever look like a Habs board, and nobody hear will ever resemble a Habs fan. You should know that already, though.

Lastly, who cares about Detroit and Chicago? Every team has problems. One of ours just happens to be coaching and managerial philosophy.

Jag68Sid87 is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 12:26 PM
  #148
71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moundsville, WV
Country: United States
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culloden View Post
Dan Byslma is an example of a guy over his head. It's funny, he is actually better at adjusting his "system" on game days then Therrien but his personal decisions are horrendous.


He loves non skilled hard workers. Dan, just because you sucked at NHL hockey but worked hard doesnt mean you have to reward all the retreads who are like that as well.

How come Talbot, Dupuis, Rupp don't get punished but Letestu, Comrie, and even Kennedy get jerked around because they aren't the definition of "tough"


Seriously Dan, don't let the door get you in the ass on your way out.
QFT

71 is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 12:27 PM
  #149
EdwardBlake
This is all a joke.
 
EdwardBlake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,292
vCash: 500

EdwardBlake is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 12:28 PM
  #150
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 30,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
My point remains you have been all over Db's back...and have come close...if not already packed his bags.....am I wrong?
Until I actually say those words--"Fire Bylsma"--don't put them there for me, OK? Everything else will be fine.

And forgive me if I believe playing "Pas de mains" Pascal Dupuis on Sid's right wing is grounds for a dismissal. It's my absolute belief, 100 per cent. And nobody can change my opinion about that.

If people didn't have opinions of their own around here, why would we bother?

Jag68Sid87 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.