HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME 5: "Quiet Crowd" | Islanders @ Penguins | Fri, Oct 15, 2010 | 7:00 PM (et)

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2010, 11:50 AM
lastcupever75
Philip thenet Kessel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
I refuse to throw the guy under the bus already. You people make me embarrassed to be a Pittsburgh fan. Dan Byslma took over a team that was several games out of a playoff spot...getting severely outplayed every night. Won a Stanley Cup. The next year earned another top 4 seed. Got 1 game from the conference finals, but ran into the same hot goalie that knocked off the president trophy team. Outshoot that team severely. Now 4 games into a season that we have lost 3 games by 1 goal each and have outshot our opponents in all 3.....he should be fired? Forget the fact our 3 best defensive players are hurt, forget he fact our 2 superstars have 2 goals, forget the fact our 5 million dollar goalie is being outplayed night in and night out. Fire Dan Byslma....really? Pittsburgh=Formerly The City Of Champions...Now known as The Knee Jerk City

its as stupid as some thinking tomlin should be fired after their collapse last year

Old
10-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Dread Pirate Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcquaticBirdMan66 View Post
During this morning's practice DB had Letestu centering the 4th line, with Talbot centering the 3rd line. I hope do god that he's not actually considering going with this. IF there's any player on this team that doesn't deserve to be demoted, it's Letestu.
That means Dupuis and who else is in the top 6?

I bet it's Rupp, centering Malkin's line

Or Rupp on Crosby's line and Malkin with Dupuis. I'm not sure which choice is worse.

Old
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Yeah there is way to much throwing Bylsma under the bus. He isn't perfect but he is the right guy for us at the moment. He is also working with a very unbalanced line-up.
A lot of that is self-inflicted. When you are skill-challenged, and you decide to scratch skill, no sympathy here.

Old
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Barr View Post
So you think Bylsma did a good job last season?

By the way, I and I'm sure some others resent you telling us we're bad fans because we don't blindly worship every decision the organization has made.
There's a difference between blind worship and common sense.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer72 View Post
I want to ask everybody here for opinion.......what do you think about the bolded part?
Not surprising. Line chemistry is important if, you know, you actually create some.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
That means Dupuis and who else is in the top 6?

I bet it's Rupp, centering Malkin's line

Or Rupp on Crosby's line and Malkin with Dupuis. I'm not sure which choice is worse.
It's Comrie back centering Line 2. How long that lasts is anybody's guess.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Can you give me an example of common sense, please? Aside from NOT playing Pascal Dupuis as Line 1 RW, I mean.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Dread Pirate Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
That combination actually looked like it was starting to build some chemistry. Can't have that.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Dan Barr

Quote:
I'm of the opinion that trusting Bylsma right now goes against common sense, because nothing he's done has made any sense at all, whether it be common or uncommon.

Old
10-15-2010, 12:01 PM
khaoskennedy

Quote:
one or two shifts

Old
10-15-2010, 12:02 PM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culloden View Post
im still hoping we lose the next 5-7 games and Dan gets fired.

Comrie on the fourth line. This is just frigged ridiculous. We need this buffoon fired before he can do anymore damage. I may just write this season off for watching with how blatantly stupid our management is.
Quote:
Bylsma needs to go before Godard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
Theres not nearly as much Fire Bylsma stuff going on as you make it seem. Just people questioning and complaining. lol

But if a couple of internet posters make you embarrased to be a Pittsburgh fan I dont know what to tell you.
A. You dont have to be here.
B. You dont have to be a Pittsburgh fan.
Thats 2 just in this topic alone...can you go to other topic's to quote?...because I could quote 100. A. I have every right to be here B. I have been a Pittsburgh fan all my life. C. I am gonna continue to call you guys out......it's 4 games....get off his back

Old
10-15-2010, 12:04 PM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

The Pens will win big tonight and we will get no credit...watch. Dan Byslma can officially do nothing right anymore

Old
10-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Dan Barr

Of course you have every right to be here. You choose to come here. If you don't like reading our stupid opinions, either stick to just reading the articles on the official Pens site, which won't conflict with your views, or put everyone who questions Bylsma on your ignore list. With either of those two scenarios, you can continue living gleefully thinking Bylsma is making all the right decisions.

They say ignorance is bliss, right?

Old
10-15-2010, 12:10 PM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
Of course you have every right to be here. You choose to come here. If you don't like reading our stupid opinions, either stick to just reading the articles on the official Pens site, which won't conflict with your views, or put everyone who questions Bylsma on your ignore list. With either of those two scenarios, you can continue living gleefully thinking Bylsma is making all the right decisions.

They say ignorance is bliss, right?
Or I will keep you guys on Tilt

Old
10-15-2010, 12:11 PM
regard

Quote:
Thats 2 just in this topic alone...can you go to other topic's to quote?...because I could quote 100. A. I have every right to be here B. I have been a Pittsburgh fan all my life. C. I am gonna continue to call you guys out......it's 4 games....get off his back
Actually Jag didnt say he should be fired in that quote.
Just pointing that out. I dont need to defend anyone, Ive stated Im not on the "fire Bylsma" campaign yet but Im close. I dont care if that embarrases you or not Ill think whatever I please.

A. Yes you do, and you have every right to complain about all the rest of us too Ill just start ignoring you.
B. Neat. Then you shouldnt be embarrassed to be a fan because of a few internet posters(that was my point). But hey you have every right to be embarrassed too....even if it doesnt make sense.
C. Neat. "Call me out" all you want I could care less.

Old
10-15-2010, 12:15 PM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
Actually Jag didnt say he should be fired in that quote.
Just pointing that out. I dont need to defend anyone, Ive stated Im not on the "fire Bylsma" campaign yet but Im close. I dont care if that embarrases you or not Ill think whatever I please.

A. Yes you do, and you have every right to complain about all the rest of us too Ill just start ignoring you.
B. Neat. Then you shouldnt be embarrassed to be a fan because of a few internet posters(that was my point). But hey you have every right to be embarrassed too....even if it doesnt make sense.
C. Neat. "Call me out" all you want I could care less.
Your gonna ignore me bc I have a different opinion...awesome

Old
10-15-2010, 12:17 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
I'm of the opinion that trusting Bylsma right now goes against common sense, because nothing he's done has made any sense at all, whether it be common or uncommon.
Yeah I'm hearing a lot of noise, and it leaves me with the impression that people seem to know what they're talking about because they have their own solutions with what they'd do with a banged up lineup that even when healthy, consists of at least 12 out of 15 forwards who are tailor made for 3rd and 4th lines.

Yet I hear no solutions. I hear a lot of political type speak where there's criticism for its own sake without any actual solutions.

It's embarassing that we have a Mike Comrie Scratched thread that's reached 5 pages. It's dangerously close to Hab fan territory.

Detroit's been dominated 2 games in a row. Zetterberg looked last last night. The defending champs haven't won a home game yet. Should Babcock and Quenneville be typing their resumes?

Old
10-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Of course, my comment was more about Godard than Bylsma but if you want to ignore that then that's fine.

My point was Eric Godard should not be tossed to the curve.

Old
10-15-2010, 12:20 PM
regard

Quote:
Your gonna ignore me bc I have a different opinion...awesome
Ill ignore you complaining about the rest of US having different opinions. <--- = What I said.

Old
10-15-2010, 12:21 PM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
Of course, my comment was more about Godard than Bylsma but if you want to ignore that then that's fine.

My point was Eric Godard should not be tossed to the curve.
My point remains you have been all over Db's back...and have come close...if not already packed his bags.....am I wrong?

Old
10-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Killiecrankie*

Dan Byslma is an example of a guy over his head. It's funny, he is actually better at adjusting his "system" on game days then Therrien but his personal decisions are horrendous.

He loves non skilled hard workers. Dan, just because you sucked at NHL hockey but worked hard doesnt mean you have to reward all the retreads who are like that as well.

How come Talbot, Dupuis, Rupp don't get punished but Letestu, Comrie, and even Kennedy get jerked around because they aren't the definition of "tough"

Seriously Dan, don't let the door get you in the ass on your way out.

Old
10-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Yeah I'm hearing a lot of noise, and it leaves me with the impression that people seem to know what they're talking about because they have their own solutions with what they'd do with a banged up lineup that even when healthy, consists of at least 12 out of 15 forwards who are tailor made for 3rd and 4th lines.

Yet I hear no solutions. I hear a lot of political type speak where there's criticism for its own sake without any actual solutions.

It's embarassing that we have a Mike Comrie Scratched thread that's reached 5 pages. It's dangerously close to Hab fan territory.

Detroit's been dominated 2 games in a row. Zetterberg looked last last night. The defending champs haven't won a home game yet. Should Babcock and Quenneville be typing their resumes?
First of all, you can't be serious suggesting that a lot of us aren't giving opinions on what we should do. Heck, I get flamed for stating opinions about what the team should do all the time, so I don't know what you mean by that. At all.

Secondly, this board will never ever ever look like a Habs board, and nobody hear will ever resemble a Habs fan. You should know that already, though.

Lastly, who cares about Detroit and Chicago? Every team has problems. One of ours just happens to be coaching and managerial philosophy.

Old
10-15-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culloden View Post
Dan Byslma is an example of a guy over his head. It's funny, he is actually better at adjusting his "system" on game days then Therrien but his personal decisions are horrendous.

He loves non skilled hard workers. Dan, just because you sucked at NHL hockey but worked hard doesnt mean you have to reward all the retreads who are like that as well.

How come Talbot, Dupuis, Rupp don't get punished but Letestu, Comrie, and even Kennedy get jerked around because they aren't the definition of "tough"

Seriously Dan, don't let the door get you in the ass on your way out.
QFT

Old
10-15-2010, 12:27 PM
EdwardBlake
This is all a joke.

Old
10-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
My point remains you have been all over Db's back...and have come close...if not already packed his bags.....am I wrong?
Until I actually say those words--"Fire Bylsma"--don't put them there for me, OK? Everything else will be fine.

And forgive me if I believe playing "Pas de mains" Pascal Dupuis on Sid's right wing is grounds for a dismissal. It's my absolute belief, 100 per cent. And nobody can change my opinion about that.

If people didn't have opinions of their own around here, why would we bother?

Closed Thread