HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cal O'reilly

Old
10-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Everlong
-

vCash: 500
Cal O'reilly

Leaf fan and I come in peace. First off would like to say the preds are one of my favourite teams in the west to watch the past few years. Mostly due to stevey sullivan . Lots of good pieces with goc, sullivan, legwand, dumont, and one of the top defensive pairings in the nhl with Weber-Suter. It's fun to watch these guys play.

Anyways the topic I want to bring up. I've watched O'reilly ever since he was with the windsor spitfires in the OHL. Always a pass-first player, but dynamic and a good skater. I was just wondering how he fits into the pred's grand scheme of things for the future. I know he's holding down the top line right now, but is that where he will remain in the future, and how has his play been up to date.

Once again good luck this season, looking forward to seeing you guys in our barn on November 16th. Cheers.

Last edited by Everlong: 10-18-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:19 PM
jcupp

If you look at some threads on here before the season you would see a lot of people around here didn't like O'reilly based on pass performance. He seems to have turned some opinions around on his pretty good play on the top line. He has been solid so far. Has missed a couple "easy" goals in my opinion, but overall solid.

The future, it' s tough to tell because Trotz messes with the lines so much you can't hardly tell where anybody is going to play. If that line keeps playing well they will stay together.

jcupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 12:19 AM
Everlong
-

Good to see that he's surprising some folks. Is he even sticking around this season or is he just filling in for lombardi while he's out?

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 12:28 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
Good to see that he's surprising some folks. Is he even sticking around this season or is he just filling in for lombardi while he's out?
No, Cal O'Reilly is a full-time member of the Nashville Predators. In fact he is our second scoring line center...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 01:56 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
Cal has been given a few chances before and looked OK but not that great. The talent was always there however. It was pretty much generally agreed on this was Cal's best and last chance this season. I was a big naysayer but so far he is passing with flying colors. It's a long season though so I'm trying to temper expectations but it can't be denied that he and Sully look really good together right now. Add Horny to the mix and they have been dynamite.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 02:47 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Ive always known he has had the skill, he just never transformed his dominate game in the AHL to the NHL. This year he has looked very good on the HOS line. He has hit a couple of posts and could have a few more points. But I think if he keeps this game up he could be a 50+ point guy

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote