HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Paul Martin Appreciation Thread

Old
10-18-2010, 10:39 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Trap + never having an offense that was in the top half of the league
Yeah, but even under Sutter.. I guess they didn't have the greatest offense, but it wasn't too shabby.

Either way, pumped that he's a Penguin.. and btw, pretty sure Gonch has about 2 assists and is a -5 or something like that.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 08:22 AM
rban*

vCash: 500
I think a lotta teams have decided to have 3-5 Dmen making 3-5 mil rather than 1-2 standouts making 6-8. Spreads out the talent more.

Prime example is Vancouver... From new hires Hamhuis and Ballard (forget the numbers, but 4- 4.5 each I believe) to Salo, Bieksa, Edler and Ehrhoff (all of whom make 3 - 3.75 each) .....

<altho that wont last, Salo will be gone next year and Bieksa traded probably... still they'll end up with the two Eds, Hamhuis and Ballard>

Awful hard to have a decent 3rd-5th if ur over-paying your 1st and 2nd.

I think Pens are doing the same arent they? No Chara or Pronger or Lidstrom-level talents, but rather a combination of Martin Letang Michalek and Orpik .. with a sprinkle of Gogo thrown in...

It's a good strategy IMO.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote