HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maple Leafs @ Rangers - 10/15/10

Old
10-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
That will be Gaborik missing 7 - 9 games. Than factor in that it will probably take him a handful of games to get back to form and it is pretty disappointing news. You also have Drury out for 6-weeks, love him or hate him, the team is better with Drury in the line up. Prospal, another top-6 forward, out for what will likely be most of the year. The team is definitely in trouble.

It was just too much to expect out of Gaborik. Two healthy seasons in a row.

Does anyone think the NHL should review the slash Avery did on Komisarek? I just felt like it was such a dirty play and completely unnecessary. It looked like intent to hurt.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:31 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I'm not going to throw a fit like a child and run around in circles crying.

Every team in the league goes through ****** parts of the season. Lots of great teams start slow. If this is enough to make you **** yourself then stop watching sports you giant pansy
Because you're not a real fan. Go watch baseball or something. This is a HUGE blow to the team, you can cut it any way you want it. We're going to struggle dearly until atleast Gaborik returns. When he does return who knows how healthy he'll be. He's always a ? mark.

Hate to break it to you, we're not a great team so we cannot afford injuries like this. Understand the dynamics of the situation before you talk out of your ass.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Rangers44*

I bet if Gaborik didn't go play the PP he would miss only 1 or 2 games at most, he worsened it.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:34 PM
FiveAndAGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post

Does anyone think the NHL should review the slash Avery did on Komisarek? I just felt like it was such a dirty play and completely unnecessary. It looked like intent to hurt.
I think the "injury prone" tag is generally associated with Gaborik's groin/hip. It seems a little unfair toss this injury in the same category.

And yeah,the League will definitely look at it, and Sean will have to sit in the corner and think about what he did for a few games.

FiveAndAGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:34 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Gaborik....

Horrendous start to the season.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Glad it's just a seperated shoulder, nothing more serious.. Dozen games or so out. Sucks, but it could have been a lot worse. Shoulder injuries are so hard to overcome.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I'd expect either Zuccarello or Weise.
Weise missed a few practices this week nursing an undisclosed injury. And he missed bunch of shifts in tonight's Wolf Pack game, though I'm not sure if it was because he was hurting, or if he was glued to the bench because of an extra penalty he took for yapping at the ref.

If there's a call-up (remember, White's still here) I'd probably go with Zuccarello (who scored his first goal tonight).

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Dubi - AA - Cally
Fro - Christ ? - MZA
White - Stepan - Feds
Boogaard - Boyle - Prust

Injured
Gabby - 3 weeks
Drury - 6 to 8 weeks

Suspended (?)
Avery

LTIR (out for season?)
Prospal

Lost on re-entry (?)
Kennedy

Our offense is in shambles
So is our D

Expect a trade or two coming very soon - (e5)
We have cap space to do something...interesting
Waiver pickup(s) perhaps?

Last edited by BBKers: 10-15-2010 at 09:42 PM.
BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:37 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Brunstrommmmm PLEASE FALL TO THE RANGERS.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jas
Unsatisfied

So, do we like Adam Larsson or Sean Couturier?

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

Quote:
That will be Gaborik missing 7 - 9 games. Than factor in that it will probably take him a handful of games to get back to form and it is pretty disappointing news. You also have Drury out for 6-weeks, love him or hate him, the team is better with Drury in the line up. Prospal, another top-6 forward, out for what will likely be most of the year. The team is definitely in trouble.

Of course the Avery slash was dirty, but unfortunately, called for.

If Armstrong would have manned up and just fought Avery, the slash on Komisarek would have never occured. Armstrong and other Leafs were skating around and delivering questionable hits all night. SOMETHING had to be done, because the refs certainly weren't going to call the game the way it should be called.

The NHL will review the slash and probably slap Avery with 5 games.

What the NHL should do is review what led up to the slash and suspend the incompetents in the striped shirts who let Toronto get away with border-line legal hits while calling cheap crap on the Rangers.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
XLJ

Good job by Avery for trying to fight Armstrong. Say what you want about him but he will always try to protect his teammates. He has played really well so far. Hopefully he doesn't get suspended for the slash on Komi.

The 2nd period was a mess. Man Staal with another costly penalty again overtime. The rangers had all the momentum before the penalty.

Last edited by XLJ: 10-15-2010 at 09:46 PM.
XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveAndAGame View Post
I think the "injury prone" tag is generally associated with Gaborik's groin/hip. It seems a little unfair toss this injury in the same category.

And yeah,the League will definitely look at it, and Sean will have to sit in the corner and think about what he did for a few games.
Yeah, I really couldn't believe that play by Avery. I didn't understand why that wasn't a major. The slash seemed like it had the "intent to injure," whether it did or not. I hope the league takes a look at it and suspends him for a few games. Honestly, I like the spark that he can bring, but I don't like dirty hockey. I don't like seeing Ranger players intentionally slashing the opposing players. I think there is a line and he crossed it. Than again, it is Sean Avery. Can't be too surprised.

I don't want him to miss time because he has been one of our better players thus far but I certainly want him to learn a lesson.

Old
10-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
So, do we like Adam Larsson or Sean Couturier?
We need a forward so gotta go with Couturier.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
what exactly was giggy doing on the 3rd goal

takin a break or something ?
Thinking about his post game meal.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:40 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Question- what was the problem with the refereeing? Didn't watch the game, just asking.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:40 PM
XLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post

If Armstrong would have manned up and just fought Avery, the slash on Komisarek would have never occured. Armstrong and other Leafs were skating around and delivering questionable hits all night. SOMETHING had to be done, because the refs certainly weren't going to call the game the way it should be called.

What the NHL should do is review what led up to the slash and suspend the incompetents in the striped shirts who let Toronto get away with border-line legal hits while calling cheap crap on the Rangers.

I agree he did that because Armstrong didn't fight him and Gabby was hurt. Yeah it was dirty but rangers had to do something to retaliate.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:41 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post

The two best hits of the night were the linesman on Anisimov and Rosie on Drury.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Glad it's just a seperated shoulder, nothing more serious.. Dozen games or so out. Sucks, but it could have been a lot worse. Shoulder injuries are so hard to overcome.
Exactly. I'm disappointed it was his shoulder. Shoulder injuries always take a long recovery. Since it is only 2-3 weeks one would assume that the separated shoulder isn't too bad. But, then you have to factor in how long it will take for Gaborik to get his shot back to 100%, shake some rust off, etc. The shoulder injuries are killer. Remember Jagr? It took him over half a season to fully recover (granted it was much more severe). Look at Lecavalier, hasn't been the same since (again, more severe). I'm really hoping it doesn't take Gaborik 10+ games to get back into his groove coming back from his injury.

Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Frolov's screwed. Guess he's going to have to shoot the puck now.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

Quote:
Yeah, I really couldn't believe that play by Avery. I didn't understand why that wasn't a major. The slash seemed like it had the "intent to injure," whether it did or not. I hope the league takes a look at it and suspends him for a few games. Honestly, I like the spark that he can bring, but I don't like dirty hockey. I don't like seeing Ranger players intentionally slashing the opposing players. I think there is a line and he crossed it. Than again, it is Sean Avery. Can't be too surprised.

I don't want him to miss time because he has been one of our better players thus far but I certainly want him to learn a lesson.
I don't like dirty hockey either, but COME ON, Toronto was gooning it up all night! Sometimes you have to give back.

Armstrong takes out your best offensive threat, and WON'T RESPOND WHEN CHALLENGED. Yeah, someone BETTER go out and do something like what Avery did or you're setting yourselves up for getting steamrolled every night.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CellarDweller0

Hey Ranger Fans...pretty exciting game tonight... fans were going crazy. I thought you were going to seal the deal near the end there for sure. Sorry to hear about your injuries but the team seemed to step up to the plate so hopefully they can carry on till some guys get back.

Quick question, I know Avery is a pretty skilled player and a super-pest but what is the general consensus of Ranger fans of him? Personally I can't stomach his tactics and am glad I only have to see him a handful of times a year.

CellarDweller0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:45 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
Hey Ranger Fans...pretty exciting game tonight... fans were going crazy. I thought you were going to seal the deal near the end there for sure. Sorry to hear about your injuries but the team seemed to step up to the plate so hopefully they can carry on till some guys get back.

Quick question, I know Avery is a pretty skilled player and a super-pest but what is the general consensus of Ranger fans of him? Personally I can't stomach his tactics and am glad I only have to see him a handful of times a year.
So what is your opinion of Colby Armstrong? Maybe the Rangers should send someone after Kessel next game.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:46 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chado613 View Post
Redden cost Hartford the game tonight because of his "fine" defensive skills
How exactly do you figure that?

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Maybe the Rangers should send someone after Kessel next game.
Yes please.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote