HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik out 2-4 weeks | Drury out 6 weeks | Prospal out 6-8 weeks

Old
10-16-2010, 07:32 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
Everyone seems to be resigned to the fact that if Kennedy were to be recalled, he would almost certainly be claimed. I'm just thinking, if he were to be recalled now, maybe it's early enough in the season that teams haven't had enough time to struggle and/or suffer injuries and be looking for reinforcements and Kennedy could sneak through.
Sadly we can't recall him as he will most likely be claimed. Just another reason that it was idiotic they assigned Kennedy instead of White. What a waste of salary cap space.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter17 View Post
Everyone who is complaining that it was a dirty play is just bitter that our best player was injured.
The ref who called the penalty too I suppose.

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Kind of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Sadly we can't recall him as he will most likely be claimed. Just another reason that it was idiotic they assigned Kennedy instead of White. What a waste of salary cap space.
I know he almost certainly will, I'm just saying, if there is any chance at all that he could slip through, it would be now, so may as well.

Yeah, most everyone thought that was a bad decision. It didn't take long for it to bite us. That's not to make out Kennedy to be a superstar, but we can use all the help we can get right now, and he could help.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:42 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Just because a penalty was called doesn't make it dirty.

If a guy gets tripped, falls on his face, gets a concussion and misses 4 months due to post concussion syndrom is that a dirty play?

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

This will show the team's make-up.

Florida Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 08:01 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
really? last 2 seasons, 108 games, 18 fights. 1 every 6 games. People make it sound like he gets in a fight every game and intimidates the other team. So what if nobody wants to fight him, that has no bearing on how they play the rest of the game, they simply dont fight him and know he's no more useful than lumbering up and down the ice for 4 minutes a game.
Because I think it allows cheap shot artists to get away with intending to injure star players while hiding behind the rule book. Take away the instigator, and guys who want to take liberties hurting (in a cowardly fashion) their peers will HAVE TO either fend for themselves and fight the other team's enforcer or his fellow teammate & tough(er) guy will have to do it.
Another option I like is putting a "police man" guy on the same line as Gabby. Although his injury will still be the same, Armstrong (most likely) will have had to drop the gloves directly after the hit on Gaborik. Gaborik's game may even improve knowing the likelihood of getting roughed up or hit from behind is slim to none.
I'm not suggesting Boogaard should play on the top line but up in Minnesota he (M.G) used to play on a line with Voros. With Demitra in the middle, Gaborik had no problem scoring goals.

It doesn't matter though. As long as the NHL is trying to "clean the game up (I suppose so it appeals more to people who don't really know the game and think it's all about fighting)." The enforcer (as long as he fights according to the "the code") can either directly or indirectly clean up the mess with far fewer injuries as a result.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Scooter17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Just because a penalty was called doesn't make it a dirty play. If it was really that bad there would have been a suspension, which I can guarantee won't happen.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8I1azUJT58

Wanna see a dirty hit?

This is the kind of crap we need to deter.

Last edited by Blueshirt Special: 10-16-2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: link
Blueshirt Special is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 09:15 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Considering that basically all of the team's scoring has been coming from everywhere OTHER than the first line, I don't think this will be as bad as everyone thinks.

Hopefully it gets Frolov going somehow.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 12:01 AM
redfzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
The hit isn't completely clean, but it's not AWFUL either...

Avoiding injury is an attribute. Gaborik has trouble avoiding injury. It's a problem the team signed when they signed Gaborik. They have to be OK dealing with it.

Fortunately it's only a couple weeks because shoulder injuries can sometimes be very bad.
Ask Jagr.

Ask Lecavalier.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 01:09 AM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple McIlwraath View Post
Considering that basically all of the team's scoring has been coming from everywhere OTHER than the first line, I don't think this will be as bad as everyone thinks.

gaborik wasn't scoring but with him out now AA's line will have to face the other teams top dman and checking line so that makes their job harder

Leetch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 02:39 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Honestly its not about the fighting. What torts should have done after the hit on gaborik was send Boogard out to either nail the player who did it or go after there best player (kessel). Now, don't get me wrong...im not saying Boogard should go Todd Bertuzzi on his ass, but completely flatten the guy when he gets the puck and let other teams know that if you **** with our best player....your going to pay a price

It really bothers me that the only guy willing to do anything is Avery....Torts needs to buck up and send boogard out to do his job. Dont give me this bs he can be used in more than one way...the guy has played 250 nhl games and has 2 goals to show for it....as a forward

He is here for one purpose only.....to STOP our team from being pushed around. We need to put him to use and show other teams that we arent going to be pushed around, ESPECIALLY our best ****ing player.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 05:54 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple McIlwraath View Post

Doesn't matter. What line do you think got the most defensive attention from our opposing teams? What do you think'll happen with our scoring when worse players now have to face that top defense?

This injury is just a disaster, short term and long term. You never know what kind of player you'll have back when they injure their shoulder. Gaborik's goal production might half for the rest of his career.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 03:55 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
I have a good feeling Frolov will step it up with Gabby out

10-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
Just because a penalty was called doesn't make it dirty.

If a guy gets tripped, falls on his face, gets a concussion and misses 4 months due to post concussion syndrom is that a dirty play?
Um, boarding is usually always dirty and leads to injuries. Tripping is never dirty. Great examples.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 08:07 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Has anyone heard how bad the separation actually was? I know they have different levels in the medical field for those injuries.

Like someone else said they can range from a few weeks of soreness to basically turning your shot into **** for a year even if you do come back within a month.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 11:58 PM
dtrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Um, boarding is usually always dirty and leads to injuries. Tripping is never dirty. Great examples.
Don't get lightheaded up there and fall off your soapbox...

And I think you are greatly overestimating a players thought process in the middle of a play. It's not like Armstrong got a running start and crushed him. Sure he boarded him, but it wasn't a terrible cheap-shot like Hjalmerson (sp?) on Pommenville. Injuries happen. Everyone is just pissed and up in arms because it was Gabby. If it was Brian Boyle or Brandon Prust, no one would give a ****.

Old
10-18-2010, 12:00 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
Don't get lightheaded up there and fall off your soapbox...

And I think you are greatly overestimating a players thought process in the middle of a play. It's not like Armstrong got a running start and crushed him. Sure he boarded him, but it wasn't a terrible cheap-shot like Hjalmerson (sp?) on Pommenville. Injuries happen. Everyone is just pissed and up in arms because it was Gabby. If it was Brian Boyle or Brandon Prust, no one would give a ****.
Hey now...Boyle's one of our best goal scorers. lol

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 12:01 AM
dtrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Hey now...Boyle's one of our best goal scorers. lol

hey on a serious note...if he plays all the time like he did the other night he might be a really really good player...

Old
10-18-2010, 01:43 AM
23isforDeBlois
you cant OD on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
Honestly its not about the fighting. What torts should have done after the hit on gaborik was send Boogard out to either nail the player who did it or go after there best player (kessel). Now, don't get me wrong...im not saying Boogard should go Todd Bertuzzi on his ass, but completely flatten the guy when he gets the puck and let other teams know that if you **** with our best player....your going to pay a price

It really bothers me that the only guy willing to do anything is Avery....Torts needs to buck up and send boogard out to do his job. Dont give me this bs he can be used in more than one way...the guy has played 250 nhl games and has 2 goals to show for it....as a forward

He is here for one purpose only.....to STOP our team from being pushed around. We need to put him to use and show other teams that we arent going to be pushed around, ESPECIALLY our best ****ing player.
I have to say i agree with this statement, pretty sure colton orr would've done something if we had kept him....
I have to say that avery dropping the gloves and armstrong walking away reminded me a lot of avery in the pre season when clarkson wanted to fight him and avery wouldnt drop the gloves.
Hopefully we can do something next couple of times we face them...we will see
Good news is we have the cap space to bring back Redden. hee hee

23isforDeBlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 04:07 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I don't know why everyone is so sure Kennedy will get claimed on re-entry waivers. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's far from a certainty. Players like him are a dime a dozen in this league. Usually with more size.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 04:11 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I also love the goonery mentality here like it's so easy to just go out and hit a star player like Kessel.

Don't you think if it was just that easy, it'd be done all the time? Hitting is an art form, it's not as easy as deciding it's time to do it. Even if you don't care if it's clean or cheap, it's still not easy. You think a star like Kessel doesn't play with his head up and on a swivel? Boogard has no agility, no acceleration and no speed. Not all that easy for him to hit anyone, and sure, post a few youtube clips of him hitting someone, big deal. Ryan Vandenbusche hit people every once in awhile too, he was still god awful most of the time.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 04:20 AM
topcat986*

Seasons over flush it and pray like a mofo you get a top 5 pick. Reality wise it is probably for the best.

topcat986* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 06:03 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat986 View Post
Seasons over flush it and pray like a mofo you get a top 5 pick. Reality wise it is probably for the best.
"Fans" like you really bother me. After 3 games the "seasons over"? Give me a break.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 08:04 AM
LetsGoBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
Has anyone heard how bad the separation actually was? I know they have different levels in the medical field for those injuries.

Like someone else said they can range from a few weeks of soreness to basically turning your shot into **** for a year even if you do come back within a month.
I would like to know this as well. I had a 2nd degree shoulder seperation and it lingered for 5-6 months. I am not a doctor but I do remember being told that there are 3 degrees of shoulder seperation.

1st = Some tendons are torn but most remain intact, this recovery time is about 2-4 weeks.

2nd = Most tendons torn, only a few are still keeping the shoulder in place. This is what I had, took me about 6 months before I could even drive without pain. Could require surgery.

3rd = All tendons are torn, shoulder is completely seperated, requires surgery.

Watching the game, I told my roommate right after the hit, I bet his shoulder is seperated. Anyway, talking with friends who were injured basically the same way (I seperated mine while playing basketball...) as Gabo say that hockey players usually have a 1st degree seperation, FWIW.

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote