HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Canucks - 10/15/10 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2010, 11:21 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Doughty and Johnson are just playing ok. It's not good enough. Maybe they need to be sequestered from their own media hype. Once those two get really rolling, look out.

Stoll's playing great. 100% effort all game.

Same with Williams.

Once again, Van fans need to figure it out. Quit crying about lucky bounces and the refs. I saw at least two phantom calls against the Kings too last night. Garbage goals are not the same as bad goals. Garbage goals result from lots of effort, getting the puck on net, and creating havoc in front. That's what the Kings did all night and that's what eventually will win playoff games. Bad goals are scored from 30 feet out with no screen in front of the GT. I didn't see any of those last night. I thought "knowledgable" fans knew this stuff?
Bieksa is bad though. They got that one right on the money.

Old
10-16-2010, 11:30 AM
yankeeking

So let me get this right, kopi.doughty,johnson.and simmonds aren't playing great, our GOALIE has been the best player in all three wins,we have 5 rookies in the lineup and we beat the consensus top team in the west twice in a week without a very good powerplay,.......I seem to finally be getting those flash backs they warned me about when I did the good LSD or could this be reality

Old
10-16-2010, 12:07 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Bieksa is bad though. They got that one right on the money.
Haha yep, but my 5 YO could see that Bieksa was sucking last night.

Old
10-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
So let me get this right, kopi.doughty,johnson.and simmonds aren't playing great, our GOALIE has been the best player in all three wins,we have 5 rookies in the lineup and we beat the consensus top team in the west twice in a week without a very good powerplay,.......I seem to finally be getting those flash backs they warned me about when I did the good LSD or could this be reality
The Kings defense (and goaltending) has been like a brick wall. The addition of Mitchell has been huge. And although Doughty hasn't been putting on the points yet, he has improved immensely defensively.

Johnson has also gotten better in his own end and isn't recklessly running around (now he has to watch the turnovers due to overhandling the puck).

Now imagine how much better the defense will be once Greene returns.

Old
10-16-2010, 12:27 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Just a few observations:

1. Williams is playing with fantastic energy right now and makes all the tough little plays look easy. The man is a pro's pro.

2. Nice to see Brown getting to the areas he needs to get to if he is going to score goals.

3. Team defense is amazing right now. Great gap control by the forwards coming back. Murray has them busting their butts on the backcheck. Liked how Muzzin played last night, demonstrated a ton of poise.

4. Like Lokitonov a lot, but if Kopitar's line doesn't start clicking a little better in the next game or two Richardson needs to get a shot there. No way Smyth - Stoll - Williams can be busted up.

Old
10-16-2010, 12:33 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chartrand View Post
LOL...Funny that it is the same tune to when we get a PP.

Old
10-16-2010, 12:38 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Kings defense (and goaltending) has been like a brick wall. The addition of Mitchell has been huge. And although Doughty hasn't been putting on the points yet, he has improved immensely defensively.

Johnson has also gotten better in his own end and isn't recklessly running around (now he has to watch the turnovers due to overhandling the puck).

Now imagine how much better the defense will be once Greene returns.
I wonder if muzzin sticks with greene or dd44, either way we get better, after the first shift last nigfht muzzin looked good and you can see he has a good deal of upside. I like how TM had that pairing out there alot with stolls line, it seemed to calm down the ice , the other night he had them out there with the fourth line and it was scary at times.

Old
10-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
The fact of the matter is that unless Muzzin starts playing poorly, Drewiske is probably the odd man out and going to be in the press box most nights. Even though he played a great game last night! If he keeps playing well and builds upon that, then Harrold has to hit the waiver wire.

Old
10-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
great win tonight..................

Quick was outstanding.......
Brown 2 goals and an ok game
Johnson outstanding game
Now you guys know why i'm defending Williams. Everyone who is asking to trade him is insane.
Simmonds.......... this guy is the real deal

the bad:
-again no fluid gameplay
-the PP starts to freak me out please please please put it back to the pre season PP, why the hell did they change it. Who ever gave Kompon an extension deserves to be fired.
-Kopitar had a better game but i expect more from him. He has to play always like
in 3rd period........................ He has to lead by example
-

I'm excited to see when the Kings start to play 3 periods per game.
I mean we have this problem more than 3 years now.

Old
10-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Once again, Van fans need to figure it out. Quit crying about lucky bounces and the refs. I saw at least two phantom calls against the Kings too last night. Garbage goals are not the same as bad goals. Garbage goals result from lots of effort, getting the puck on net, and creating havoc in front. That's what the Kings did all night and that's what eventually will win playoff games. Bad goals are scored from 30 feet out with no screen in front of the GT. I didn't see any of those last night. I thought "knowledgable" fans knew this stuff?
Leaving the game last night, there was a cluster of 5 or so drunk guys in Canuck jerseys on the concourse who were yelling stuff about LA knowing nothing about hockey, etc. All the Kings fans were just laughing and bombarding them with funny taunts: "Scoreboard!", "America's hat!", "America Jr.!", "Where's Ballard?" etc

Old
10-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
From a check by Brad Richardson of all people.
Richie destroyed him with that check. That happened right in front of us. People were all "was that Richardson?"

Old
10-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Kingurentai

As someone else said, I think Simmonds showed great character in that fight. I think his scoring touch will come back soon. Also the posts have been Xmas carolling for him so much it's ridiculous.

"Office Space" Williams has been awesome. Hope he stays healthy.

Also agree with others on Poni. Really hustling out there both ends of the ice.

Not sure anyone else noticed but Bernier seems to be accepting his position and being a great supporter. Little things like taps to all players and a big tap to Quick at the end of all periods. Good to see.

Old
10-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
great win tonight..................

Quick was outstanding.......
Brown 2 goals and an ok game
Johnson outstanding game
Now you guys know why i'm defending Williams. Everyone who is asking to trade him is insane.
Simmonds.......... this guy is the real deal

the bad:
-again no fluid gameplay
-the PP starts to freak me out please please please put it back to the pre season PP, why the hell did they change it. Who ever gave Kompon an extension deserves to be fired.
-Kopitar had a better game but i expect more from him. He has to play always like
in 3rd period........................ He has to lead by example
-

I'm excited to see when the Kings start to play 3 periods per game.
I mean we have this problem more than 3 years now.
So... When Stoll plays like crap you're all over him and demands he be traded... But when he is playing great, like he is now, you leaving him out of your Pros list?

Old
10-16-2010, 02:51 PM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

Yeah ok, other game but still a nice pic

Old
10-16-2010, 02:55 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mully12 View Post
So... When Stoll plays like crap you're all over him and demands he be traded... But when he is playing great, like he is now, you leaving him out of your Pros list?
Was thinking the same thing.

Old
10-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Quick is playing great but how soon will bernier ask for a trade. The kid is the real deal.

Old
10-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Sallo View Post
Quick is playing great but how soon will bernier ask for a trade. The kid is the real deal.
Bernier wont be asking for a trade anytime soon. He knows he's a back up for now, Quick is playing stellar. Bernier will see 25-30 games this year. He also hasn't proven much at the NHL level so he is really in no position to demand a trade.

Old
10-16-2010, 03:15 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
Richie destroyed him with that check. That happened right in front of us. People were all "was that Richardson?"
i totally missed that, when was it?

Old
10-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
OH for ****s sake .... this is like all those people who claimed we HAD to trade Cammalleri because we needed to make room for the Contract raise Bernier was SURE to be getting ... that was friggin over 3 years ago ... how much was Bernier's recent contract extension again ? oh yeah thought so

If Bernier is stupid and greedy enough to start demanding a trade already NOW ... then F' him and trade him for that 1st line LW sniper we needed. GeeBus

Old
10-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
Late in the first period.

Old
10-16-2010, 04:31 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
You can see it on the sportsnet.ca highlights from the game.

Old
10-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Quick is playing great but how soon will bernier ask for a trade. The kid is a real solid prospect who has not yet proven himself in the NHL
Fixed.

There are no "real deals" in goalie prospects, ever. Yes, some work out. But there are far too many "omfg he's the next Roys" all over the league that flopped in the NHL. Then you got guys like Niemi out of left field that have flashes of brilliance. And no it means nothing that Bernier dominated at every level. I'd say even moreso for goaltenders because it's so mental.

Although I look forward to seeing Bernier as a successful #1 once Quick falters/moves on.

Old
10-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
WTF? You do realize that Bernier just signed a contract extension with the Kings? He knows his role and he knows that he will get his games this season.

Old
10-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

I'd say QUICK is looking like a "REAL DEAL" too, at least at the moment , wouldn't YOU ?
Right Shellz ?

Old
10-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
I'd say QUICK is looking like a "REAL DEAL" too, at least at the moment , wouldn't YOU ?
Right Shellz ?
Right!

I just finished a hockey draft and someone stole Quick. That jerk. He doesn't know who I am or what I can do.

Closed Thread