02-08-2011, 12:16 PM
duckhead32686
Cup4Saku

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to duckhead32686
Aaron Voros Put On Waivers, Cleared and assigned to Syracuse

According to the Ducks twitter:

Quote:
LW Aaron Voros has been placed on waivers and would clear at 9 a.m. (PT) tomorrow morning.
I am very pleased to see this move happen.

Old
02-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

I really don`t see anyone taking him. Canes roster is full

Old
02-08-2011, 12:36 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Yeah, will be interesting to see if they will pay him his 1 way 1 million salary to play for Syracuse after he clears waivers.

Old
02-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Finally the Rock has realized he's uselessssss!!!!!!

Old
02-08-2011, 12:57 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Yeah, will be interesting to see if they will pay him his 1 way 1 million salary to play for Syracuse after he clears waivers.
I don't see why they wouldn't recall waive him immediately after he clears. We're not a cap team so the cap hit doesn't matter. And it will save money, which would be important for a budget team like us.

Unless they think Voros would help the AHL team...

Old
02-08-2011, 01:50 PM
albertabound

That sucks that means that chip will sitting the next 10 games again while sexton takes 4th line.

Old
02-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Mwd711

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I don't see why they wouldn't recall waive him immediately after he clears. We're not a cap team so the cap hit doesn't matter. And it will save money, which would be important for a budget team like us.

Unless they think Voros would help the AHL team...
I don't think they would have much interest in putting him on re-entry waivers immediately. If they do that, then the Ducks have to send someone back down to the AHL to make room for Voros, should he clear. The Ducks are going on a road trip and I don't think they want to deal with sending Sexton down just to try get rid of Voros. There wouldn't be much of a market for Voros on re-entry waivers anyhow. Even at $500,000 he's not an improvement over what teams already have. I don't know of anyone looking for an enforcer type player.

Old
02-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Thank god. Hopefully we never see him again. The next player out must be either Mara or Brookbank or preferably both.

Old
02-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

No surprise there.

Old
02-08-2011, 03:08 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Thank god, too bad it means Chip will be sitting again as no way they let Sexton sit much I'd say

Old
02-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Paul4587

He won't be claimed. I don't really see the point in this, there's no problem with Voros sitting as the 13th forward every game. I'd rather see Chipchura in the lineup and Sexton sent down.

Old
02-08-2011, 04:39 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwd711 View Post
I don't think they would have much interest in putting him on re-entry waivers immediately. If they do that, then the Ducks have to send someone back down to the AHL to make room for Voros, should he clear. The Ducks are going on a road trip and I don't think they want to deal with sending Sexton down just to try get rid of Voros. There wouldn't be much of a market for Voros on re-entry waivers anyhow. Even at $500,000 he's not an improvement over what teams already have. I don't know of anyone looking for an enforcer type player.
The waivers and the transfers are independent of each other. Even if they recall waive him and he clears, they don't have to move him to the NHL team (and thus need to make roster space).

Now I'm not 100% sure about this in terms of recall waivers, but I am sure about it in terms of regular waivers. You can waive the guy just to see if you can get rid of him, but don't have to send him to the AHL immediately afterwards (it has happened before).

Old
02-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Mwd711

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
The waivers and the transfers are independent of each other. Even if they recall waive him and he clears, they don't have to move him to the NHL team (and thus need to make roster space).

Now I'm not 100% sure about this in terms of recall waivers, but I am sure about it in terms of regular waivers. You can waive the guy just to see if you can get rid of him, but don't have to send him to the AHL immediately afterwards (it has happened before).
To put a player on reentry waivers he must be recalled to your team from the AHL. That's one reason the Oilers won't put Souray back on reentry waivers without knowing for sure that a team is picking him up. Otherwise the Oilers would just keep waiving him over and over again. You can waive someone multiple times but that has no effect on the former team paying half the salary. The only way that happens is through reentry waivers.

The Ducks don't have to send Voros to the AHL but they are at their roster limit. If they didn't intend to it wouldve been easier to send down Sexton. I think I'm confused by your term recall waive which doesn't exist.I assumed you meant reentry waivers.

Last edited by Mwd711: 02-08-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old
02-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Fighter
Soviet Duck

Good riddance, he was a crappy fighter too.

Old
02-09-2011, 01:18 AM
Daz28

I guess they wasted a lot of money on Voros in case Georgie got hurt. That trade sure was a real head-scratcher. The rags have gotten something out of Eminger, and the Ducks got Voros' salary. Bad trade, should have demanded a draft pick for Eminger, even if it was only a 5th.

Old
02-09-2011, 02:34 AM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
He won't be claimed. I don't really see the point in this, there's no problem with Voros sitting as the 13th forward every game. I'd rather see Chipchura in the lineup and Sexton sent down.
This.

The Chip-Bels Parros line showed real promise in a rather dismal early part of the season. If Sexy stays up, put him on the 3rd with Laps and Lupes. Marchant is good on pk, but seems to have lost a step 5-5, and has no finish anymore. just my .02cents.

Old
02-09-2011, 04:02 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz28 View Post
I guess they wasted a lot of money on Voros in case Georgie got hurt. That trade sure was a real head-scratcher. The rags have gotten something out of Eminger, and the Ducks got Voros' salary. Bad trade, should have demanded a draft pick for Eminger, even if it was only a 5th.
Put it this way if we didn't trade Eminger, we wouldn't of got Lilja, and would have one of Sutton or Eminger most likely starting on D

Old
02-09-2011, 04:54 AM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Put it this way if we didn't trade Eminger, we wouldn't of got Lilja, and would have one of Sutton or Eminger most likely starting on D
I don't get it. Why is the Lilja signing dependent on Eminger being traded? We could have still signed Lilja and kept Eminger instead of getting Voros. Worthless flesh in the pressbox is worthless flesh in the pressbox anyway you dice it. In fact, if we had Eminger, we could have sat him instead of signing Mara and sitting him, in turn opening up a roster spot. Maybe I'm missing something??

Old
02-09-2011, 05:01 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz28 View Post
I don't get it. Why is the Lilja signing dependent on Eminger being traded? We could have still signed Lilja and kept Eminger instead of getting Voros. Worthless flesh in the pressbox is worthless flesh in the pressbox anyway you dice it. In fact, if we had Eminger, we could have sat him instead of signing Mara and sitting him, in turn opening up a roster spot. Maybe I'm missing something??
Lilja was the last of our defenceman signed. If we kept Eminger, we would of had Lubo, Lydman, Fowler, Eminger, Sutton, Sbisa, Mara, Brookbank.

So you can safely say that Lilja wouldn't of been signed, as one of Mara, Brookbank or Eminger would of been in the starting line up, and another one would of stepped in for the first 3 or so games because of Lydman's injury.

So in my eyes, if we didn't trade Eminger we wouldn't of had Lilja, making it dependent on the Voros trade.

Old
02-09-2011, 05:12 AM
Daz28

Ah, I see, but we needed Voros like a hole in the head. I think if things had of been planned out a bit better by BM, we wouldn't have needed some of the dead weight on this team. We were short on D, as Loods was out(and Sutton), and the Crunch have no options. Also, Cam and Luca were iffy at the time, but we did have forwards we could have called up. It just seems like a pick would have been a better option than Voros. Heck, I think I'd trade him back for Eminger even. At least he'd have only been hurting us at one end.

Old
02-09-2011, 07:31 AM
Papaspud
upsetting the

I think BM was playing a bad game of CYA, in regards to the Ducks line-up. he signed everything, and anything available just to cover his ass. Voros never should've worn a Ducks jersey, but now that he might need room under the CAP for any trades/signings come trade deadline, he'll put whomever he feels necessary under the bus, just to make room room for what he might need.

Old
02-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Eminger has been a rock on the Rangers D.

Good to see Voros is still useless as ever.

Old
02-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post

Well that's something I thought would never happen Good for him and the Rangers.

Old
02-09-2011, 10:28 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post

I would almost assure you he would be anything but a rock on the Ducks defence, classic case of a player needing a change of scenery

And tbh I'd rather have Lilja haha

Old
02-09-2011, 12:10 PM
duckhead32686
Cup4Saku

Send a message via AIM to duckhead32686
Voros cleared waivers, no news there.

Closed Thread