HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Aaron Voros Put On Waivers, Cleared and assigned to Syracuse

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2011, 12:16 PM
  #1
duckhead32686
Cup4Saku
 
duckhead32686's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Habra, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,038
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to duckhead32686
Aaron Voros Put On Waivers, Cleared and assigned to Syracuse

According to the Ducks twitter:

Quote:
LW Aaron Voros has been placed on waivers and would clear at 9 a.m. (PT) tomorrow morning.
I am very pleased to see this move happen.

duckhead32686 is offline  
Old
02-08-2011, 12:23 PM
  #2
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,967
vCash: 500
I really don`t see anyone taking him. Canes roster is full

Kalvinators is offline  
Old
02-08-2011, 12:36 PM
  #3
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 17,265
vCash: 500
Yeah, will be interesting to see if they will pay him his 1 way 1 million salary to play for Syracuse after he clears waivers.

McDonald19 is offline  
Old
02-08-2011, 12:44 PM
  #4
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!
 
Sean Garrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Nut
Country: United States
Posts: 9,415
vCash: 500
Finally the Rock has realized he's uselessssss!!!!!!

Sean Garrity is offline  
Old
02-08-2011, 12:57 PM
  #5
snarktacular
Moderator
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Yeah, will be interesting to see if they will pay him his 1 way 1 million salary to play for Syracuse after he clears waivers.
I don't see why they wouldn't recall waive him immediately after he clears. We're not a cap team so the cap hit doesn't matter. And it will save money, which would be important for a budget team like us.

Unless they think Voros would help the AHL team...

snarktacular is offline  
Old
02-08-2011, 01:50 PM
  #6
albertabound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 450
vCash: 500
That sucks that means that chip will sitting the next 10 games again while sexton takes 4th line.

albertabound is offline  
Old
02-08-2011, 02:12 PM
  #7
Mwd711
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I don't see why they wouldn't recall waive him immediately after he clears. We're not a cap team so the cap hit doesn't matter. And it will save money, which would be important for a budget team like us.

Unless they think Voros would help the AHL team...
I don't think they would have much interest in putting him on re-entry waivers immediately. If they do that, then the Ducks have to send someone back down to the AHL to make room for Voros, should he clear. The Ducks are going on a road trip and I don't think they want to deal with sending Sexton down just to try get rid of Voros. There wouldn't be much of a market for Voros on re-entry waivers anyhow. Even at $500,000 he's not an improvement over what teams already have. I don't know of anyone looking for an enforcer type player.

Mwd711 is offline  
Old
02-08-2011, 02:36 PM
  #8
Jerky Leclerc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 7,634
vCash: 500
Thank god. Hopefully we never see him again. The next player out must be either Mara or Brookbank or preferably both.

Jerky Leclerc is offline  
Old
02-08-2011, 02:44 PM
  #9
Hampe
The Hampster
 
Hampe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charleston, S.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,455
vCash: 500
No surprise there.

Hampe is offline  
Old
02-08-2011, 03:08 PM
  #10
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 18,016
vCash: 500
Thank god, too bad it means Chip will be sitting again as no way they let Sexton sit much I'd say

mightyquack is offline  
Old
02-08-2011, 03:11 PM
  #11
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 15,016
vCash: 500
He won't be claimed. I don't really see the point in this, there's no problem with Voros sitting as the 13th forward every game. I'd rather see Chipchura in the lineup and Sexton sent down.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
02-08-2011, 04:39 PM
  #12
snarktacular
Moderator
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwd711 View Post
I don't think they would have much interest in putting him on re-entry waivers immediately. If they do that, then the Ducks have to send someone back down to the AHL to make room for Voros, should he clear. The Ducks are going on a road trip and I don't think they want to deal with sending Sexton down just to try get rid of Voros. There wouldn't be much of a market for Voros on re-entry waivers anyhow. Even at $500,000 he's not an improvement over what teams already have. I don't know of anyone looking for an enforcer type player.
The waivers and the transfers are independent of each other. Even if they recall waive him and he clears, they don't have to move him to the NHL team (and thus need to make roster space).

Now I'm not 100% sure about this in terms of recall waivers, but I am sure about it in terms of regular waivers. You can waive the guy just to see if you can get rid of him, but don't have to send him to the AHL immediately afterwards (it has happened before).

snarktacular is offline  
Old
02-08-2011, 06:49 PM
  #13
Mwd711
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
The waivers and the transfers are independent of each other. Even if they recall waive him and he clears, they don't have to move him to the NHL team (and thus need to make roster space).

Now I'm not 100% sure about this in terms of recall waivers, but I am sure about it in terms of regular waivers. You can waive the guy just to see if you can get rid of him, but don't have to send him to the AHL immediately afterwards (it has happened before).
To put a player on reentry waivers he must be recalled to your team from the AHL. That's one reason the Oilers won't put Souray back on reentry waivers without knowing for sure that a team is picking him up. Otherwise the Oilers would just keep waiving him over and over again. You can waive someone multiple times but that has no effect on the former team paying half the salary. The only way that happens is through reentry waivers.

The Ducks don't have to send Voros to the AHL but they are at their roster limit. If they didn't intend to it wouldve been easier to send down Sexton. I think I'm confused by your term recall waive which doesn't exist.I assumed you meant reentry waivers.


Last edited by Mwd711: 02-08-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Mwd711 is offline  
Old
02-08-2011, 06:51 PM
  #14
Fighter
Soviet Duck
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Trieste, Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,859
vCash: 500
Good riddance, he was a crappy fighter too.

Fighter is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 01:18 AM
  #15
Daz28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 500
I guess they wasted a lot of money on Voros in case Georgie got hurt. That trade sure was a real head-scratcher. The rags have gotten something out of Eminger, and the Ducks got Voros' salary. Bad trade, should have demanded a draft pick for Eminger, even if it was only a 5th.

Daz28 is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 02:34 AM
  #16
Papaspud
upsetting the
 
Papaspud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: sensitive
Posts: 7,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
He won't be claimed. I don't really see the point in this, there's no problem with Voros sitting as the 13th forward every game. I'd rather see Chipchura in the lineup and Sexton sent down.
This.

The Chip-Bels Parros line showed real promise in a rather dismal early part of the season. If Sexy stays up, put him on the 3rd with Laps and Lupes. Marchant is good on pk, but seems to have lost a step 5-5, and has no finish anymore. just my .02cents.

Papaspud is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 04:02 AM
  #17
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 18,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz28 View Post
I guess they wasted a lot of money on Voros in case Georgie got hurt. That trade sure was a real head-scratcher. The rags have gotten something out of Eminger, and the Ducks got Voros' salary. Bad trade, should have demanded a draft pick for Eminger, even if it was only a 5th.
Put it this way if we didn't trade Eminger, we wouldn't of got Lilja, and would have one of Sutton or Eminger most likely starting on D

mightyquack is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 04:54 AM
  #18
Daz28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Put it this way if we didn't trade Eminger, we wouldn't of got Lilja, and would have one of Sutton or Eminger most likely starting on D
I don't get it. Why is the Lilja signing dependent on Eminger being traded? We could have still signed Lilja and kept Eminger instead of getting Voros. Worthless flesh in the pressbox is worthless flesh in the pressbox anyway you dice it. In fact, if we had Eminger, we could have sat him instead of signing Mara and sitting him, in turn opening up a roster spot. Maybe I'm missing something??

Daz28 is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 05:01 AM
  #19
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 18,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz28 View Post
I don't get it. Why is the Lilja signing dependent on Eminger being traded? We could have still signed Lilja and kept Eminger instead of getting Voros. Worthless flesh in the pressbox is worthless flesh in the pressbox anyway you dice it. In fact, if we had Eminger, we could have sat him instead of signing Mara and sitting him, in turn opening up a roster spot. Maybe I'm missing something??
Lilja was the last of our defenceman signed. If we kept Eminger, we would of had Lubo, Lydman, Fowler, Eminger, Sutton, Sbisa, Mara, Brookbank.

So you can safely say that Lilja wouldn't of been signed, as one of Mara, Brookbank or Eminger would of been in the starting line up, and another one would of stepped in for the first 3 or so games because of Lydman's injury.

So in my eyes, if we didn't trade Eminger we wouldn't of had Lilja, making it dependent on the Voros trade.

mightyquack is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 05:12 AM
  #20
Daz28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 500
Ah, I see, but we needed Voros like a hole in the head. I think if things had of been planned out a bit better by BM, we wouldn't have needed some of the dead weight on this team. We were short on D, as Loods was out(and Sutton), and the Crunch have no options. Also, Cam and Luca were iffy at the time, but we did have forwards we could have called up. It just seems like a pick would have been a better option than Voros. Heck, I think I'd trade him back for Eminger even. At least he'd have only been hurting us at one end.

Daz28 is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 07:31 AM
  #21
Papaspud
upsetting the
 
Papaspud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: sensitive
Posts: 7,626
vCash: 500
I think BM was playing a bad game of CYA, in regards to the Ducks line-up. he signed everything, and anything available just to cover his ass. Voros never should've worn a Ducks jersey, but now that he might need room under the CAP for any trades/signings come trade deadline, he'll put whomever he feels necessary under the bus, just to make room room for what he might need.

Papaspud is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 08:23 AM
  #22
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Put it this way if we didn't trade Eminger, we wouldn't of got Lilja, and would have one of Sutton or Eminger most likely starting on D
Eminger has been a rock on the Rangers D.

Good to see Voros is still useless as ever.

Wraparounds is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 08:36 AM
  #23
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei
 
Doothpick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Eminger has been a rock on the Rangers D.

Good to see Voros is still useless as ever.
Well that's something I thought would never happen Good for him and the Rangers.

Doothpick is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 10:28 AM
  #24
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 18,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Eminger has been a rock on the Rangers D.

Good to see Voros is still useless as ever.
I would almost assure you he would be anything but a rock on the Ducks defence, classic case of a player needing a change of scenery

And tbh I'd rather have Lilja haha

mightyquack is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 12:10 PM
  #25
duckhead32686
Cup4Saku
 
duckhead32686's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Habra, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,038
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to duckhead32686
Voros cleared waivers, no news there.

duckhead32686 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.