HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Prospect will be able to make the team next season?

View Poll Results: Which Prospect will be able to make the team next season?
Chris Higgins 19 37.25%
Marcel Hossa 13 25.49%
Andrei Kastsitsyn 3 5.88%
Alexander Perezhogin 6 11.76%
Thomas Plekanec 9 17.65%
Other 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Mtl6

vCash: 500
Which Prospect will be able to make the team next season?

I know there is a lot of factos like Perezhogin being suspended...etc. But seriously, who do you think has the most chance of shining at training camp? (If there is a season next year of course)

Old
06-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Marchy79

I picked Marcel Hossa. Last Year was very frustrating for the young player, but It is in my opinion the Lamb before the Lion... He had to struggle to understand what was necessary for him to succeed at this level.

Hainsey I think will also make the team...

Perezhogin might have a spot on the RW, seeing as to there is now a spot open (Dackell is already history, and Sundstrom has a good chance to be joining Dacks on the former hab list)
There is a spot open up the middle, and Plekanec just might have the inside edge to getting that roster spot...

Old
06-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Mtl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
I picked Marcel Hossa. Last Year was very frustrating for the young player, but It is in my opinion the Lamb before the Lion... He had to struggle to understand what was necessary for him to succeed at this level.

Hainsey I think will also make the team...

Perezhogin might have a spot on the RW, seeing as to there is now a spot open (Dackell is already history, and Sundstrom has a good chance to be joining Dacks on the former hab list)
There is a spot open up the middle, and Plekanec just might have the inside edge to getting that roster spot...
You're right, Hossa will do what ever it takes to stay in the NHL, but Higgins seems so determined to and Perezhogin has so much talent and had a great end of year except for the incident. I just hope it won't affect his game.

Old
06-12-2004, 06:26 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
I voted HIGS but Hossa or pleks or perez can make the season next year just kast will not be able to make the next season IMO he need at least one year of developement in the AHL.

Old
06-12-2004, 06:27 PM
Mtl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
I voted HIGS but Hossa or pleks or perez can make the season next year just kast will not be able to make the next season IMO he need at least one year of developement in the AHL.
Yes just like Perezhogin last season

Old
06-12-2004, 06:35 PM
SuperUnknown

How about a "how many rookies will make the Habs next year"? I'd say 3-4.

Old
06-12-2004, 06:38 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
ya that will be a better title for this thread a lot of rookies can make the season next year it's hard to vote just one player alot of rookie has the chance to be shiny in the training camp.

Old
06-12-2004, 06:39 PM
Mtl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
It's a good question, it depens on how many players will Bob Gainey sign. You could start a poll with this question. But I'd say 2 players (all attackers)

Old
06-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Mtl6

Quote:
ya that will be a better title for this thread a lot of rookies can make the season next year it's hard to vote just one player alot of rookie has the chance to be shiny in the training camp.
How many players would you say?

Old
06-12-2004, 06:53 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6
How many players would you say?
3-4 me too you make an excellent poll all the player in your poll are my choice too PLEKS,HOSSA,HIGS have the biggest chance to make the team next year IMO.

Old
06-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
3-4 me too you make an excellent poll all the player in your poll are my choice too PLEKS,HOSSA,HIGS have the biggest chance to make the team next year IMO.
more than 2 would surprise me a lot!

Ryder Ribeiro and Komi are still very young, one rookie on the 3rd line and one on 1st-2nd is the more i can see.

Old
06-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Mtl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik
more than 2 would surprise me a lot!

Ryder Ribeiro and Komi are still very young, one rookie on the 3rd line and one on 1st-2nd is the more i can see.
And who would be those 2 players?

Old
06-12-2004, 07:05 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6
And who would be those 2 players?
If I have to choose 2 players I think my choice would be Hossa and Hainsey I think next year they will have their last chance to prove that they are good prospects if they don't respond I think they will be traded.

Old
06-12-2004, 07:11 PM
Mtl6

Ok guys I made a new poll on How MANY prospects will be able to make the team next season?

Old
06-12-2004, 07:21 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Hossa (as a top 6 forward) and Plekanec (3rd or 4th liner) will make it. Perezhogin might be the 13th or 14th forward (we usally scratch two forwards). If there's injuries, Perezhogin will step up. If there's another spot because of injuries, Higgins will be called up.

Old
06-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
Hossa (as a top 6 forward) and Plekanec (3rd or 4th liner) will make it. Perezhogin might be the 13th or 14th forward (we usally scratch two forwards). If there's injuries, Perezhogin will step up. If there's another spot because of injuries, Higgins will be called up.
Right now It's how I see it too.

The camp will be great, even Kast or Higgins could come and steal the 1st-2nd line spot.

Old
06-12-2004, 08:26 PM
MissCanuck

Kastsitsyn makes me curious so I chose him, though I also think Hossa will do whatever it takes for a (permanent) roster spot.

Old
06-12-2004, 08:29 PM
RE-HABS

I picked Higgins, but I believe that Hossa will be there too. Higgins is the most likely unexpected prospect to make it (not really after making it last year and then having a good AHL year).

If Hossa can't and doesn't make it this season coming he is out of our plans IMO.

Old
06-12-2004, 09:16 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Make the team out of camp? I'd say maybe one. Higgins and Plekanec would be my picks, but I could see both spending some time in Hamilton next year. Higgins I think could use some time in Hamilton, as he still needs to adapt to the long schedule. Plekanec I think is the most ready. But it depends on who's at camp as well, and how they do.

I have no idea what they will do with Hainsey and Hossa, but from their play this year, I'd be shocked if they were on the team, but a good camp would change that. I'd guess and say both will be given a shot out of camp, and if they don't do well, then I'd guess they will be shopped or sent down (yes I know they would have to clear waivers, but they have to play, and if they aren't doing a good job, what else can we do with them)

Kastsitsyn is the wild card. Habs management seem to think he can play in the NHL, but I'd settle for him being signed. I think getting Kasty over here would be a great move.

Beauchemin is a guy I'd take over Hainsey, but I also think Beauchemin could clear waivers and would be a big help in Hamilton, so they may decide to put him in Hamilton and take the chance that he'll clear.

Its all anyone guess really, no one knows, we got 2 1/2 months to find out.

Old
06-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Kafka

Plekanec will be 21 next season while Hossa is 22......... I expect the first to get a chance (since Hossa got two of them).... and I also expect Hossa do get an increadible camp (If there is any season)..... The ridiculous suspension of Perezhogin may however increase is chances of playing with the Habs........ I wouldn't be surprised if the Habs bring him in their camp when the lockout will be over....... a 40 games suspension was far enough for Perezhogin (... since that verdict, I think we won't see Bertuzzi back before two complete seasons).

Old
06-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Habruti!

1 to 2 rookies at most.... Like this year

IMO BG will go and sign laperiere in the summer to give some toughness to our third line but he will use him as rou RW on that line. Kovelev might be signed and if he is not I expect a trade to get another strong winger come draft day...perhaps Ryan Smith..we never know

Asuuming the signing of Kovalev and Lapy I would think next year lineup may look like this...

(Hossa or Higgins) Koivu Kovalev
Zednik Ribeiro Ryder
Bulis (Plekanek or Higgins) Laperiere
Langdon Begin Ward

A safer bet could be...

Bulis Koivu Kovalev
Zednik Ribeiro Ryder
Plekanek Laperiere Sundstrum
Langdon Begin Ward

Souray, Brisebois
Markov, Komisarek
Beauchemin, Rivet