HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Must Be Something In The SFLA Water-Former Panthers

Old
10-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Georgia Panther

vCash: 500
Must Be Something In The SFLA Water-Former Panthers

Nathan Horton Bos-2GP 3g-1a-4pts Ok, that was sort of expected
Jordan Leopold Buff-5GP 2g-2a-4pts Hmmm...
Anthony Stewart Atl-4GP 3g-0a-3pts WHAT???

Anthony Stewart in 105 games as a Panther netted a total of 4 goals.

Mods-Please move to News Around the NHL Thread. Just noticed the comments about Stewart there.

Last edited by Georgia Panther: 10-16-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Nathan Horton Bos-2GP 3g-1a-4pts Ok, that was sort of expected
Jordan Leopold Buff-5GP 2g-2a-4pts Hmmm...
Anthony Stewart Atl-4GP 3g-0a-3pts WHAT???

Anthony Stewart in 105 games as a Panther netted a total of 4 goals.
Yeah seeing Stewart get a hat trick last night was super frustrating. Seriously, when did he learn to do that? I'll never blame the Panthers, he never hit his potential here and he was given an awful lot of chances. To be fair though, one game does not a great player make.

Jonathan Huberdeau: 2013 Calder Trophy Winner
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Yeah seeing Stewart get a hat trick last night was super frustrating. Seriously, when did he learn to do that? I'll never blame the Panthers, he never hit his potential here and he was given an awful lot of chances. To be fair though, one game does not a great player make.
Before that draft I liked Stewart more than Horton. Haven't said anything about that since but now...

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:15 AM
harv3317

i was disappointed that they didn't resign stewart. he was just shoing to show flashes of wahet he could do. i expect him to net 20+ goals if he plays regularly with decent linemates. never thought we should've trade horton even if he requested it. felt we should have seen how he progressed for part of the season before we made a decision!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:28 AM
UKPanther
@GJenSports

Yep, I was hoping we'd keep Stewart as well. Would be just our luck for him to start shining in ATL...

UKPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Grabner got an assists

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 01:44 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Just to balance things out, everyone hates Jokinen in Calgary. They call him "Joker". But yeah it is interesting to see how the former cats are doing. Glass getting regular 4th line minutes in Van. Meyer holding his own in Flamesville. Sabres fans are saying good things about Monty. Anthony Stewart must have taken lessons from his brother in the off season because he is doing well.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 08:17 AM
305Pantera

Maybe Anthony's been getting pointers from his brother? . Man, if I didn't know any better, I'd say we're cursed.

305Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 09:14 AM
FlaPanthers7

I remember Stewart saying he wasn't sure of his role in the organization under Keenan - in Rochester, he was expected to be a goal scorer, more of a finesse player. But every time he got called up he was expected to play more of a grinder's game. I think our organization just blew his development, and like so many other prospects, we didn't have the patience or system to properly develop him. I think he's got some better centermen in Atlanta too, which helps, but I can't help but be happy for Stewart right now.

Horton we knew would do well. That's not surprising at all, especially considering the talent surrounding him right now.

Grabner got a goal last night against Stewart's brother and the Avs. I still can't believe we didn't give him more than a couple preseason games of a chance. Sigh.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 11:45 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Just to balance things out, everyone hates Jokinen in Calgary. They call him "Joker". But yeah it is interesting to see how the former cats are doing. Glass getting regular 4th line minutes in Van. Meyer holding his own in Flamesville. Sabres fans are saying good things about Monty. Anthony Stewart must have taken lessons from his brother in the off season because he is doing well.
this is not surprising. at least not if you've read my posts he's a jackhole. and a pretty lousy hockey player most of the time.

i am happy for stewie. it's only 5 games. very disappointed sexton didn't qualify him. should be a surprise though for anyone with eyes - you can see the kid's got the tools.

fwiw, i believe he will be a FA this summer.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 12:17 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
this is not surprising. at least not if you've read my posts he's a jackhole. and a pretty lousy hockey player most of the time.

i am happy for stewie. it's only 5 games. very disappointed sexton didn't qualify him. should be a surprise though for anyone with eyes - you can see the kid's got the tools.

fwiw, i believe he will be a FA this summer.
I thought we offered him a two way contract and he would only take a one way deal. I may be wrong.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 12:19 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
I remember Stewart saying he wasn't sure of his role in the organization under Keenan - in Rochester, he was expected to be a goal scorer, more of a finesse player. But every time he got called up he was expected to play more of a grinder's game. I think our organization just blew his development, and like so many other prospects, we didn't have the patience or system to properly develop him. I think he's got some better centermen in Atlanta too, which helps, but I can't help but be happy for Stewart right now.

Horton we knew would do well. That's not surprising at all, especially considering the talent surrounding him right now.

Grabner got a goal last night against Stewart's brother and the Avs. I still can't believe we didn't give him more than a couple preseason games of a chance. Sigh.
Management and coaching clearly wanted to create a hard working identity with the right players. Grabner was only going to take a spot on this team if he could produce offensively because he's not the type to muck it up in the corners. I think they've made the right decision based on how the team has been playing.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 12:56 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I thought we offered him a two way contract and he would only take a one way deal. I may be wrong.
that does sound vaguely familiar. he ended up playing almost all of last year with the wolves though. not sure if he passed through waivers (don't remember reading that).

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Wasn't that sprukts a few years ago?

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Meh, it's still REALLY early. As I've said before, Nate came roaring out last season, then fluttered, but he's in a new place, I'm just not going to hold my breath.

I didn't mind Stewart towards the end of his time here, and the team asked him to be a scoring forward in Roch and checking winger here. I hope he keeps it up, but Ballard and Reino had strong starts for us last season, then fluttered.

Not surprised by Leo at all.

Perspective, though: Olli, Bouw, Huselius, etc., etc.

10-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Pukboy5kroner

Update for you GP -- Stewie had a goal last night.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Wasn't that sprukts a few years ago?
Idk, but it happened with Stewart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Meh, it's still REALLY early. As I've said before, Nate came roaring out last season, then fluttered, but he's in a new place, I'm just not going to hold my breath.

I didn't mind Stewart towards the end of his time here, and the team asked him to be a scoring forward in Roch and checking winger here. I hope he keeps it up, but Ballard and Reino had strong starts for us last season, then fluttered.

Not surprised by Leo at all.

Perspective, though: Olli, Bouw, Huselius, etc., etc.
Huselius??

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote