HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Trade Rumors and Proposals thread: Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2010, 09:11 AM
SensFan26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
I wonder what it would take to get Iggy. Never happen but how about this

Michalek, Kuba, Foligno, Cowen and 1st

for

Iginla
Regehr
Overpayment.

Iginla is declining fast.

Old
11-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach

why are we making trades when the team is flying?

Iginla is too old to give up what it would take. bad deal.

sens need young scoring top 6 forwards

Old
11-10-2010, 09:16 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens mile View Post
I hate how everyone is just writing off Foligno
Not writing him off, just saying hes worth giving up for Iginla.

Old
11-10-2010, 09:55 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

I would think Murray would trade one of our many D prospects before a 1st rounder.

Foligno
Rundblad

for

Jeff Carter

???

That would be an off season trade if it were to happen.

The only trade I see happening right now is Lee to anyone for anything, hopefully by the weekend.

Old
11-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Crawdinger

We are finally clicking
why on earth would he trade anyone and mess it all up?
Naturally Lee does not apply

Old
11-10-2010, 10:28 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdinger View Post
We are finally clicking

Old
11-10-2010, 10:29 AM
wilfred

Its a long season!

Old
11-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Skrymir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdinger View Post
We are finally clicking
THIS. We are finally getting healthy (knocks on wood) and winning some games. There is no need to trade anyone right now (except Lee of course).

Old
11-10-2010, 10:58 AM
dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best WorstPoster View Post
why are we making trades when the team is flying?

Iginla is too old to give up what it would take. bad deal.

sens need young scoring top 6 forwards
i would be entirely ok with giving up someone like foligno + 1st for someone like iginla, but not much more. while it can be argued iginla is declining, he's still only 33, and i have a feeling he's got a few good seasons left in him. playing with calgary and having no support for the past half a dozen seasons will do that to any player.

i want to see bryan make a concerted effort in the next 2-3 seasons to build a serious cup contender before alfie retires. mortgaging a little bit of the future for this would be fine for me -- nothing like burke did to get kessel, of course.

at the same time, with the way the team's playing, messing around with the chemistry would be risky business.

Old
11-10-2010, 11:05 AM
EJsens1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystemper View Post
i would be entirely ok with giving up someone like foligno + 1st for someone like iginla, but not much more. while it can be argued iginla is declining, he's still only 33, and i have a feeling he's got a few good seasons left in him. playing with calgary and having no support for the past half a dozen seasons will do that to any player.

i want to see bryan make a concerted effort in the next 2-3 seasons to build a serious cup contender before alfie retires. mortgaging a little bit of the future for this would be fine for me -- nothing like burke did to get kessel, of course.

at the same time, with the way the team's playing, messing around with the chemistry would be risky business.
Foligno and a 1st for Iginla? But then you say he is only 33, so he still has good value. Good luck with that offer.

Old
11-10-2010, 11:07 AM
jordan7hm

Quote:

If you could get Iginla for Foligno ++ then you'd be crazy not to do it.

Given who's in charge there, it's absolutely worth making an offer. Iginla isn't old by any stretch. He's battle tested and he's having a bad year (ie. his value will be lower than normal) but his normal production is first line on any team any time.

On our team where he wouldn't have that #1 guy responsability he would be an absolute force. Our chemistry would be fine.

Aw man... now you got me dreaming.

Edit: Also I would be fine with Ottawa making the kind of move Burke made. There is a HUGE difference. We are not a lottery team. We would not be trading two as close to locks as possible draft picks. We would be trading two bottom half of the first round draft picks. That is not even remotely close to the same thing. I wouldn't want that kind of move for a guy like Kessel (ie underperforming one dimensional player with alleged character issues) but if we could get something around his caliber, even an older guy, I'd be more than fine with that.

Old
11-10-2010, 11:16 AM
dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Morehead View Post
Foligno and a 1st for Iginla? But then you say he is only 33, so he still has good value. Good luck with that offer.
oh, not saying it's a reasonable trade offer. calgary would never go for it. was more a general response to people saying that it would be 'overpayment' earlier in this thread, which clearly by your response, we both agree that it would be a severe underpayment on our part.

Old
11-10-2010, 11:24 AM
dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7hm View Post
If you could get Iginla for Foligno ++ then you'd be crazy not to do it.

Given who's in charge there, it's absolutely worth making an offer. Iginla isn't old by any stretch. He's battle tested and he's having a bad year (ie. his value will be lower than normal) but his normal production is first line on any team any time.

On our team where he wouldn't have that #1 guy responsability he would be an absolute force. Our chemistry would be fine.

Aw man... now you got me dreaming.

Edit: Also I would be fine with Ottawa making the kind of move Burke made. There is a HUGE difference. We are not a lottery team. We would not be trading two as close to locks as possible draft picks. We would be trading two bottom half of the first round draft picks. That is not even remotely close to the same thing. I wouldn't want that kind of move for a guy like Kessel (ie underperforming one dimensional player with alleged character issues) but if we could get something around his caliber, even an older guy, I'd be more than fine with that.
dude, i'm with you.

i can't even begin to imagine how i'd feel seeing:

1) spezza centering kovalev and iginla.
2) regin moving down to center michalek & alfredsson
3) fisher centering ruutu & neil.

two legimate and dangerous scoring lines... complimented by that fisher line especially... would far and away the best energy/pest line in the entire league. the kind of havoc those three would cause together.

it'll never happen, but that's what a real top 6 winger can do for us. if only one comes available at the right price... i wouldn't care if we 'overpaid' a little.

Old
11-10-2010, 11:35 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
dude, i'm with you.

i can't even begin to imagine how i'd feel seeing:

1) spezza centering kovalev and iginla.
2) regin moving down to center michalek & alfredsson
3) fisher centering ruutu & neil.

two legimate and dangerous scoring lines... complimented by that fisher line especially... would far and away the best energy/pest line in the entire league. the kind of havoc those three would cause together.

it'll never happen, but that's what a real top 6 winger can do for us. if only one comes available at the right price... i wouldn't care if we 'overpaid' a little.
I like Spezza on the left wing with Regin as the centre. Spezza as much more space to do his things.

Old
11-10-2010, 11:49 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

We'd have to send salary back if we were to trade for Iginla. Foligno + 1st doesn't work.

Old
11-10-2010, 12:04 PM
dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
We'd have to send salary back if we were to trade for Iginla. Foligno + 1st doesn't work.
yeah, that's why i'd prefer to dump kuba with the way the d-corps has been playing. and there seems to be no reason why we'd resign leclaire unless he takes a serious paycut.

that's 7.5 freed up in cap space right there, without letting go of foligno (which would bump it up to 8.7)

it's probably more realistic to go for jeff carter. now that philly has locked up giroux, their middle is pretty much stacked with briere, giroux, and richards. i know he's a center, but if we kept regin/spezza alternating wing/center on their line, we'd be able to fit him in easily.

carter is @ 5 mill. will probably be getting 5.5-6.5 mill in a new deal. and philly needs to shore up its defense, imo.

Old
11-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Mr_Squeaks
Poor Impulse Control

I'm not advocating any trade in particular, but you would consider trades now because you're dealing more from a position of strength. In the midst of a losing streak, THAT'S when you get fleeced...

Old
11-10-2010, 12:36 PM
SensFan2010

Should we take chance with Filatov? He has 2 points in 13 games this season and obviously is not good fit in Columbus.

Old
11-10-2010, 12:42 PM
dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFan2010 View Post
Should we take chance with Filatov? He has 2 points in 13 games this season and obviously is not good fit in Columbus.
man, if columbus is dumb enough to trade him, i'd go for it in a heartbeat. kid's 20 years old and still on his ELC. even if he doesn't produce, he doesn't really hurt the team cap-wise. tremendous upside and this is his first full season.

columbus is clinging to a playoff spot atm, and if that kid gets going, it'll only mean good things for them. if they're out of contention by march, i see them trying to deal huselius before filatov.

Last edited by dystemper: 11-10-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old
11-10-2010, 12:50 PM
TeamRenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
This!

I don't think the Iggy has ever played with a true #1 centre, I bet he would love to come to Ottawa.

Old
11-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Prattalot

I'd LOVE to get iggy here and as good as things have been lately you know Kov's work ethic can't last for ever and we'll be back to pining for a power forward to play on our 1st line again.

Old
11-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Crawdinger

Iginla has been a favourite non sen player of mine for about as long as he has been a prominent figure in the league
that being said I don't want his contract at this point in the franchise's history
nor what it would cost us via trade

Old
11-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Jnewman

I would love to see Iggy here, my only concern is that his style of play is more suited to a Fisher type center (albeit one who actually scores more than once every three weeks) rather than a Spezza type. Having said that, I think by this time next week (post Boston, Philly and Vancouver) we will have a much better idea of how legitimate a claim the Sens have as real contenders...based on what I've seen so far the Bruins are the real deal in the East...swinging someone like Iggy is the only way I see Ottawa beating them in a playoff series.

Old
11-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Lenny the Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRenzo View Post
This!

I don't think the Iggy has ever played with a true #1 centre, I bet he would love to come to Ottawa.
Foligno + would be nowhere near enough for Iginla. Unless it was a Kessel type deal with Foligno just thrown in there.

He would be very expensive - at least one of Cowen/Karlsson/Rundblad + a lot more

Old
11-10-2010, 02:31 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

We can't add anymore older players. Any valuable assets that can be traded have to go towards bringing in younger forwards. Having Kovalev, Alfie, Gonchar and Iggy (Phillips too to some degree), would give this team an unbelievably small window. It wouldn't be worth it.

Focus on guys like Filatov, Carter, Parise, Hodgson, Omark, Weiss, and Penner. These moves won't be done now or by the deadline. This is an offseason move when the team isn't against the cap. What we have now is what we get for the season until the deadline when we'll likely pick up an older rental player.

Closed Thread