HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Trade Rumors and Proposals thread: Part VII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-10-2010, 03:33 PM
  #976
Karlssonlee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFan2010 View Post
Should we take chance with Filatov? He has 2 points in 13 games this season and obviously is not good fit in Columbus.
I'd Love Filatov on the Sens.

I'd offer up;

Foligno + Campoli(or)Lee + 2nd

Karlssonlee is online now  
Old
11-10-2010, 04:04 PM
  #977
Wham City
Registered User
 
Wham City's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Whistler
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,312
vCash: 500
I really question what Iginla has left, there's sizable money left on his contract as well.

Wham City is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 04:10 PM
  #978
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!
 
The Waffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grenville
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,432
vCash: 500
I'd trade my middle nut for Jeff Carter.

The Waffler is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 04:15 PM
  #979
Bileur
Registered User
 
Bileur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,757
vCash: 500
Say no to Iginla, he's going to cost too much in terms of prospects, he's going to cause a minor bidding war even with his contract. Of course he would be a sweet pickup, nice linemate for Spezza but it's not worth the asking price.

Filatov, if available is much more interesting. Looks like the type of "buy low/change of scenery" pick up that makes the difference between good teams and average ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waffler View Post
I'd trade my middle nut for Jeff Carter.
I'd also offer The Waffler's middle nut for JC.

Bileur is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 04:18 PM
  #980
The Fuhr*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,765
vCash: 500
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/spor...th_Flyers.html

Quote:
Holmgren said Giroux's signing won't impact the negotiations with Carter or any other player in the future. Carter reportedly is close to a long-term deal.

"I don't think it affects anything," Holmgren said. "We'd like to keep our team together."

The Fuhr* is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 04:23 PM
  #981
TheBandWagon
Registered User
 
TheBandWagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: right here
Country: Canada
Posts: 953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Man it seems to me that most times when teams lock up their core guys like what Philly plans to do, the team goes to crap. ie Tampa after their cup season

TheBandWagon is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 04:42 PM
  #982
MatthewT
Registered User
 
MatthewT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandWagon View Post
Man it seems to me that most times when teams lock up their core guys like what Philly plans to do, the team goes to crap. ie Tampa after their cup season
see Ottawa after cup run

MatthewT is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 04:59 PM
  #983
TheBandWagon
Registered User
 
TheBandWagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: right here
Country: Canada
Posts: 953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
see Ottawa after cup run
I didn't wanna mention that one....those wounds are just starting to heal

TheBandWagon is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 05:40 PM
  #984
shelby82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
what do you guys feel this team needs to adress to become a cup contender?


i feel that our centers are solid enough down to the fourth line not the best in the league but more ballanced than alot of very good teams.spezza,fisher,kelly and mabey smith next year. our defence is very mobile but soft to say the least.i feel that our goaltending is as good as the last 3 teams to win the cup. and our wingers are ballanced but missing a top line one two punch. imo we need a rugged stay at home defenceman and a elite top six winger to play along side spezza. I would consider signing kovalev again at around 6.5 for two years if possible. with the cap going up who could we afford and who could we trade to adress these two spots a stay at home defenceman and a elite winger. will we have the cap space to add something like a semin and trade a guy like kuba to get a rugged dman next year?

shelby82 is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 05:51 PM
  #985
dystemper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby82 View Post
what do you guys feel this team needs to adress to become a cup contender?


i feel that our centers are solid enough down to the fourth line not the best in the league but more ballanced than alot of very good teams.spezza,fisher,kelly and mabey smith next year. our defence is very mobile but soft to say the least.i feel that our goaltending is as good as the last 3 teams to win the cup. and our wingers are ballanced but missing a top line one two punch. imo we need a rugged stay at home defenceman and a elite top six winger to play along side spezza. I would consider signing kovalev again at around 6.5 for two years if possible. with the cap going up who could we afford and who could we trade to adress these two spots a stay at home defenceman and a elite winger. will we have the cap space to add something like a semin and trade a guy like kuba to get a rugged dman next year?
there's no way i'd sign kovalev at much more than what he's making now (5 mill). 6.5 mill... we could get a legitimate first-line forward who is much younger. 6.5-7 mill is market value for these kinds of guys. basically, jeff carter/ryan getzlaf type players.

with kovalev, kuba and leclaire all becoming UFA's, that's 12.5 mill in freed cap space in this off season. i would like to see them move kuba now and get us a legitimate top 6 forward. we definitely need a shutdown d-man. we have enough puckmovers. we can get a stay-at-home guy in the mold of phillips if we end up trading lee/hale/campoli/foligno. we don't need anyone flashy on the backend. just someone who can block shots, clear the net, and give no room for opposing first-line forwards. that's been our biggest weakness on defence. we don't really have anybody who can consistently shut down lines. that's why our 3rd periods have been terrible, trying to protect a lead.

dystemper is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 05:57 PM
  #986
shelby82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dystemper View Post
there's no way i'd sign kovalev at much more than what he's making now (5 mill). 6.5 mill... we could get a legitimate first-line forward who is much younger. 6.5-7 mill is market value for these kinds of guys. basically, jeff carter/ryan getzlaf type players.

with kovalev, kuba and leclaire all becoming UFA's, that's 12.5 mill in freed cap space in this off season. i would like to see them move kuba now and get us a legitimate top 6 forward. we definitely need a shutdown d-man. we have enough puckmovers. we can get a stay-at-home guy in the mold of phillips if we end up trading lee/hale/campoli/foligno. we don't need anyone flashy on the backend. just someone who can block shots, clear the net, and give no room for opposing first-line forwards. that's been our biggest weakness on defence. we don't really have anybody who can consistently shut down lines. that's why our 3rd periods have been terrible, trying to protect a lead.
i ment something like 3.75 for each year for kovalev considering it would be a retirement package. the i really like the fisher alfie and michalek together and foligno regin kavalev lines a spezza semin butler line would be pretty sweet.

next year
semin spezza butler
machalek fisher alfie
foligno regin kavalev
neil kelly rutu

i wonder if we could get this under the cap

shelby82 is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 06:06 PM
  #987
dystemper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby82 View Post
i ment something like 3.75 for each year for kovalev considering it would be a retirement package. the i really like the fisher alfie and michalek together and foligno regin kavalev lines a spezza semin butler line would be pretty sweet.

next year
semin spezza butler
machalek fisher alfie
foligno regin kavalev
neil kelly rutu

i wonder if we could get this under the cap
i would re-sign kovalev for 3.75 mill if he'd take it. for some reason, i don't think he will, and i think there'll be lots of interest in him.

semin is going into UFA after this season. actually, half the caps forwards are eligible for UFA status... i'm not sure if they can afford to keep him with backstrom/ovie all locked up on long-term deals... they'd seriously have to gut thier bottom 6 if they tried to keep him. with kuba and leclaire's contracts expiring this season, we would definitely have the cap space to take a realistic shot at him... (i personally wouldn't, don't like his style of play)

as for butler, i don't think we'll be seeing him debut on the top line any time soon. he'll probably top out as a good 3rd liner from what i've seen so far. but he's cap-friendly.

dystemper is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 06:12 PM
  #988
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
The Senators need two things.
- Scoring winger
- A physical, shot blocking defenseman

Getting a proven goalie would be great, but I always hated how goalies dictate the rise and fall of teams according to some. I was very happy to see below average goal tenders in the SCF this year, get sick and tired of people saying that a good goaltender is all that's needed.

If the team plays good enough they don't need a Luongo or a Brodeur. A Emery or Elliott should be fine (provided Elliott can handle the playoffs).

Do Make Say Think is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 06:14 PM
  #989
shelby82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dystemper View Post
i would re-sign kovalev for 3.75 mill if he'd take it. for some reason, i don't think he will, and i think there'll be lots of interest in him.

semin is going into UFA after this season. actually, half the caps forwards are eligible for UFA status... i'm not sure if they can afford to keep him with backstrom/ovie all locked up on long-term deals... they'd seriously have to gut thier bottom 6 if they tried to keep him. with kuba and leclaire's contracts expiring this season, we would definitely have the cap space to take a realistic shot at him... (i personally wouldn't, don't like his style of play)

as for butler, i don't think we'll be seeing him debut on the top line any time soon. he'll probably top out as a good 3rd liner from what i've seen so far. but he's cap-friendly.
butler has 9 goals in 12 games i dont think its un realistic to see him make the team next year. not sure about the top line but foligno is put there quite often as a complementry guy spezza and semin together could make him a top line player if he keeps his pace up. you think kovalev will get a increase in salary on the open market?

shelby82 is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 06:20 PM
  #990
dystemper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby82 View Post
butler has 9 goals in 12 games i dont think its un realistic to see him make the team next year. not sure about the top line but foligno is put there quite often as a complementry guy spezza and semin together could make him a top line player if he keeps his pace up. you think kovalev will get a increase in salary on the open market?
i would love for butler to be a breakout diamond-in-the-rough type find like alfredsson was. just don't see it. but yeah, i agree that he has potential to produce and play a filler role in the top 6 when needed to.

i don't think kovalev will command a ridiculous amount of money -- but i do think he could demand more than the 3.5-3.75 mill (and that's the high end of what i'd be willing to offer him) in the open market. despite his age, kovalev is still an amazing skater with some of the deftest puckhandling skills in the league... i can see teams wanting to overpay for that.

dystemper is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 06:43 PM
  #991
Spence334
Registered User
 
Spence334's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post

I'd also offer The Waffler's middle nut for JC.
That's got to be the funniest thing I've seen on here in a while.


Anyways, I wouldn't mind Kovy at say 2 years at a total of 5-6 mil.

Spence334 is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 06:54 PM
  #992
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,224
vCash: 500
This is from Eric Smith, beat writer for FOXSportsOhio.com who closely covers the Blue Jackets...

The Ottawa #Senators have 3 scouts on hand for tonight's game between #CBJ and #StLBlues. Did the #Sens take advantage of a ticket package?

Ohhh Franco is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 06:54 PM
  #993
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
Some of you people need to remember that Kovalev is in a contract year so he needs to show he's still got it.

Once he gets his new contract you can and should expect him to go back to his lazy ways.

Do Make Say Think is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 06:55 PM
  #994
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
This is from Eric Smith, beat writer for FOXSportsOhio.com who closely covers the Blue Jackets...

The Ottawa #Senators have 3 scouts on hand for tonight's game between #CBJ and #StLBlues. Did the #Sens take advantage of a ticket package?
Its' been discussed in the trade board that there are almost always a very large number of scouts from all teams at a whole lot of games.

It doesn't mean much. I don't see the Blues trading anything away and I don't see anything that Columbus has that I would want.

Do Make Say Think is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 07:02 PM
  #995
HSF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
This is from Eric Smith, beat writer for FOXSportsOhio.com who closely covers the Blue Jackets...

The Ottawa #Senators have 3 scouts on hand for tonight's game between #CBJ and #StLBlues. Did the #Sens take advantage of a ticket package?
two teams we have recently traded with too hmm

HSF is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 07:27 PM
  #996
shelby82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
two teams we have recently traded with too hmm
stay at home dman Eric Brewer anyone

shelby82 is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 07:38 PM
  #997
Emerica
Thank You Alfie
 
Emerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby82 View Post
stay at home dman Eric Brewer anyone
I'd love to see him with the Sens.

Emerica is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 07:41 PM
  #998
Pancakes Pancakes
Registered User
 
Pancakes Pancakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cattawa
Posts: 3,082
vCash: 500
Sens are playing Blues next Friday. Could be just a scouting of the oponent.

Pancakes Pancakes is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 07:42 PM
  #999
The Fuhr*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby82 View Post
stay at home dman Eric Brewer anyone
He's the Blues captain

The Fuhr* is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 07:44 PM
  #1000
shelby82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
I'd love to see him with the Sens.
ya hes pretty darn good I got to watch him play with chara in my home town. the blues have some good young defence and need to sign backes you just never know. some food for thaught.

shelby82 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.