HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Trade Rumors and Proposals thread: Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Karlssonlee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFan2010 View Post
Should we take chance with Filatov? He has 2 points in 13 games this season and obviously is not good fit in Columbus.
I'd Love Filatov on the Sens.

I'd offer up;

Foligno + Campoli(or)Lee + 2nd

Old
11-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Wham City

I really question what Iginla has left, there's sizable money left on his contract as well.

Old
11-10-2010, 04:10 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

I'd trade my middle nut for Jeff Carter.

Old
11-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Bileur

Say no to Iginla, he's going to cost too much in terms of prospects, he's going to cause a minor bidding war even with his contract. Of course he would be a sweet pickup, nice linemate for Spezza but it's not worth the asking price.

Filatov, if available is much more interesting. Looks like the type of "buy low/change of scenery" pick up that makes the difference between good teams and average ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waffler View Post
I'd trade my middle nut for Jeff Carter.
I'd also offer The Waffler's middle nut for JC.

Old
11-10-2010, 04:18 PM
The Fuhr*

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/spor...th_Flyers.html

Quote:
Holmgren said Giroux's signing won't impact the negotiations with Carter or any other player in the future. Carter reportedly is close to a long-term deal.

"I don't think it affects anything," Holmgren said. "We'd like to keep our team together."

Old
11-10-2010, 04:23 PM
TheBandWagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Man it seems to me that most times when teams lock up their core guys like what Philly plans to do, the team goes to crap. ie Tampa after their cup season

Old
11-10-2010, 04:42 PM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandWagon View Post
Man it seems to me that most times when teams lock up their core guys like what Philly plans to do, the team goes to crap. ie Tampa after their cup season
see Ottawa after cup run

Old
11-10-2010, 04:59 PM
TheBandWagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
see Ottawa after cup run
I didn't wanna mention that one....those wounds are just starting to heal

Old
11-10-2010, 05:40 PM
shelby82

what do you guys feel this team needs to adress to become a cup contender?

i feel that our centers are solid enough down to the fourth line not the best in the league but more ballanced than alot of very good teams.spezza,fisher,kelly and mabey smith next year. our defence is very mobile but soft to say the least.i feel that our goaltending is as good as the last 3 teams to win the cup. and our wingers are ballanced but missing a top line one two punch. imo we need a rugged stay at home defenceman and a elite top six winger to play along side spezza. I would consider signing kovalev again at around 6.5 for two years if possible. with the cap going up who could we afford and who could we trade to adress these two spots a stay at home defenceman and a elite winger. will we have the cap space to add something like a semin and trade a guy like kuba to get a rugged dman next year?

Old
11-10-2010, 05:51 PM
dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby82 View Post
what do you guys feel this team needs to adress to become a cup contender?

i feel that our centers are solid enough down to the fourth line not the best in the league but more ballanced than alot of very good teams.spezza,fisher,kelly and mabey smith next year. our defence is very mobile but soft to say the least.i feel that our goaltending is as good as the last 3 teams to win the cup. and our wingers are ballanced but missing a top line one two punch. imo we need a rugged stay at home defenceman and a elite top six winger to play along side spezza. I would consider signing kovalev again at around 6.5 for two years if possible. with the cap going up who could we afford and who could we trade to adress these two spots a stay at home defenceman and a elite winger. will we have the cap space to add something like a semin and trade a guy like kuba to get a rugged dman next year?
there's no way i'd sign kovalev at much more than what he's making now (5 mill). 6.5 mill... we could get a legitimate first-line forward who is much younger. 6.5-7 mill is market value for these kinds of guys. basically, jeff carter/ryan getzlaf type players.

with kovalev, kuba and leclaire all becoming UFA's, that's 12.5 mill in freed cap space in this off season. i would like to see them move kuba now and get us a legitimate top 6 forward. we definitely need a shutdown d-man. we have enough puckmovers. we can get a stay-at-home guy in the mold of phillips if we end up trading lee/hale/campoli/foligno. we don't need anyone flashy on the backend. just someone who can block shots, clear the net, and give no room for opposing first-line forwards. that's been our biggest weakness on defence. we don't really have anybody who can consistently shut down lines. that's why our 3rd periods have been terrible, trying to protect a lead.

Old
11-10-2010, 05:57 PM
shelby82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystemper View Post
there's no way i'd sign kovalev at much more than what he's making now (5 mill). 6.5 mill... we could get a legitimate first-line forward who is much younger. 6.5-7 mill is market value for these kinds of guys. basically, jeff carter/ryan getzlaf type players.

with kovalev, kuba and leclaire all becoming UFA's, that's 12.5 mill in freed cap space in this off season. i would like to see them move kuba now and get us a legitimate top 6 forward. we definitely need a shutdown d-man. we have enough puckmovers. we can get a stay-at-home guy in the mold of phillips if we end up trading lee/hale/campoli/foligno. we don't need anyone flashy on the backend. just someone who can block shots, clear the net, and give no room for opposing first-line forwards. that's been our biggest weakness on defence. we don't really have anybody who can consistently shut down lines. that's why our 3rd periods have been terrible, trying to protect a lead.
i ment something like 3.75 for each year for kovalev considering it would be a retirement package. the i really like the fisher alfie and michalek together and foligno regin kavalev lines a spezza semin butler line would be pretty sweet.

next year
semin spezza butler
machalek fisher alfie
foligno regin kavalev
neil kelly rutu

i wonder if we could get this under the cap

Old
11-10-2010, 06:06 PM
dystemper

Quote:
i ment something like 3.75 for each year for kovalev considering it would be a retirement package. the i really like the fisher alfie and michalek together and foligno regin kavalev lines a spezza semin butler line would be pretty sweet.

next year
semin spezza butler
machalek fisher alfie
foligno regin kavalev
neil kelly rutu

i wonder if we could get this under the cap
i would re-sign kovalev for 3.75 mill if he'd take it. for some reason, i don't think he will, and i think there'll be lots of interest in him.

semin is going into UFA after this season. actually, half the caps forwards are eligible for UFA status... i'm not sure if they can afford to keep him with backstrom/ovie all locked up on long-term deals... they'd seriously have to gut thier bottom 6 if they tried to keep him. with kuba and leclaire's contracts expiring this season, we would definitely have the cap space to take a realistic shot at him... (i personally wouldn't, don't like his style of play)

as for butler, i don't think we'll be seeing him debut on the top line any time soon. he'll probably top out as a good 3rd liner from what i've seen so far. but he's cap-friendly.

Old
11-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

The Senators need two things.
- Scoring winger
- A physical, shot blocking defenseman

Getting a proven goalie would be great, but I always hated how goalies dictate the rise and fall of teams according to some. I was very happy to see below average goal tenders in the SCF this year, get sick and tired of people saying that a good goaltender is all that's needed.

If the team plays good enough they don't need a Luongo or a Brodeur. A Emery or Elliott should be fine (provided Elliott can handle the playoffs).

Old
11-10-2010, 06:14 PM
shelby82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystemper View Post
i would re-sign kovalev for 3.75 mill if he'd take it. for some reason, i don't think he will, and i think there'll be lots of interest in him.

semin is going into UFA after this season. actually, half the caps forwards are eligible for UFA status... i'm not sure if they can afford to keep him with backstrom/ovie all locked up on long-term deals... they'd seriously have to gut thier bottom 6 if they tried to keep him. with kuba and leclaire's contracts expiring this season, we would definitely have the cap space to take a realistic shot at him... (i personally wouldn't, don't like his style of play)

as for butler, i don't think we'll be seeing him debut on the top line any time soon. he'll probably top out as a good 3rd liner from what i've seen so far. but he's cap-friendly.
butler has 9 goals in 12 games i dont think its un realistic to see him make the team next year. not sure about the top line but foligno is put there quite often as a complementry guy spezza and semin together could make him a top line player if he keeps his pace up. you think kovalev will get a increase in salary on the open market?

Old
11-10-2010, 06:20 PM
dystemper

Quote:
butler has 9 goals in 12 games i dont think its un realistic to see him make the team next year. not sure about the top line but foligno is put there quite often as a complementry guy spezza and semin together could make him a top line player if he keeps his pace up. you think kovalev will get a increase in salary on the open market?
i would love for butler to be a breakout diamond-in-the-rough type find like alfredsson was. just don't see it. but yeah, i agree that he has potential to produce and play a filler role in the top 6 when needed to.

i don't think kovalev will command a ridiculous amount of money -- but i do think he could demand more than the 3.5-3.75 mill (and that's the high end of what i'd be willing to offer him) in the open market. despite his age, kovalev is still an amazing skater with some of the deftest puckhandling skills in the league... i can see teams wanting to overpay for that.

Old
11-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Spence334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post

I'd also offer The Waffler's middle nut for JC.
That's got to be the funniest thing I've seen on here in a while.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind Kovy at say 2 years at a total of 5-6 mil.

Old
11-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Ohhh Franco

This is from Eric Smith, beat writer for FOXSportsOhio.com who closely covers the Blue Jackets...

The Ottawa #Senators have 3 scouts on hand for tonight's game between #CBJ and #StLBlues. Did the #Sens take advantage of a ticket package?

Old
11-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Some of you people need to remember that Kovalev is in a contract year so he needs to show he's still got it.

Once he gets his new contract you can and should expect him to go back to his lazy ways.

Old
11-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
This is from Eric Smith, beat writer for FOXSportsOhio.com who closely covers the Blue Jackets...

The Ottawa #Senators have 3 scouts on hand for tonight's game between #CBJ and #StLBlues. Did the #Sens take advantage of a ticket package?
Its' been discussed in the trade board that there are almost always a very large number of scouts from all teams at a whole lot of games.

It doesn't mean much. I don't see the Blues trading anything away and I don't see anything that Columbus has that I would want.

Old
11-10-2010, 07:02 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post

two teams we have recently traded with too hmm

Old
11-10-2010, 07:27 PM
shelby82

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
two teams we have recently traded with too hmm
stay at home dman Eric Brewer anyone

Old
11-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
I'd love to see him with the Sens.

Old
11-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

Sens are playing Blues next Friday. Could be just a scouting of the oponent.

Old
11-10-2010, 07:42 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
He's the Blues captain

Old
11-10-2010, 07:44 PM
shelby82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
I'd love to see him with the Sens.
ya hes pretty darn good I got to watch him play with chara in my home town. the blues have some good young defence and need to sign backes you just never know. some food for thaught.

Closed Thread