HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Total One 2-piece combo

Old
10-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

vCash: 500
Total One 2-piece combo

I was looking at picking up a Total One shaft and a Total One blade combo or even the One95 version if I can find it at a store in socal. What kind of performance drop-off would I be looking at if any from the OPS?

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 07:21 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitbtw View Post
I was looking at picking up a Total One shaft and a Total One blade combo or even the One95 version if I can find it at a store in socal. What kind of performance drop-off would I be looking at if any from the OPS?
It's not necessarily a drop off, but a matter of preference. Some people prefer a two piece and claim it has better puck feel and is more lively. Some players also insist two pieces shoot better.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 07:32 PM
mbush82

Wondering about the one95/totalone as well. Anyone know what the weight and balance difference there is between the one and two piece?

mbush82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:31 PM
jsykes

I weighed my One95 OPS and my One95 shaft/blade combo and the OPS was about 40 or so grams lighter. I have no idea about the TO though.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 04:08 AM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
I've used both the one95 shaft/blade and OPS, both felt similar but the shaft/blade combo was stiffer(same rated flex).

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 04:54 AM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
I weighed my One95 OPS and my One95 shaft/blade combo and the OPS was about 40 or so grams lighter. I have no idea about the TO though.
How much did it weigh out to?

Old
10-16-2010, 11:29 AM
ponder

You might have trouble getting a one95 2-piece, they were quite popular and I wouldn't be surprised if most have been snatched up already since they'd be on sale after the release on the new line. Hockeymonkey has the totalone 2-piece though:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-ho...talone-sr.html
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-ho...talone-sr.html

$185 for the blade and shaft, not too bad, and I think there's a code you can enter for a bit more of a discount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
I've used both the one95 shaft/blade and OPS, both felt similar but the shaft/blade combo was stiffer(same rated flex).
Probably because the OPS has a more tapered shaft?

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 03:03 PM
TBLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Probably because the OPS has a more tapered shaft?
The standard shaft is also longer, that's probably the bigger "issue" because you have to cut it just to get the standard length of the OPS.

Old
10-16-2010, 04:21 PM
ponder

Quote:
The standard shaft is also longer, that's probably the bigger "issue" because you have to cut it just to get the standard length of the OPS.
Interesting, you learn something new every day! I used woodies for the longest time, then switched to one-pieces, so have never actually used a two-piece (outside of screwing around with friends sticks), are they all longer than one-pieces, or is it peculiar to the one95? Also, how much longer are we talking?

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 04:26 PM
TBLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Interesting, you learn something new every day! I used woodies for the longest time, then switched to one-pieces, so have never actually used a two-piece (outside of screwing around with friends sticks), are they all longer than one-pieces, or is it peculiar to the one95? Also, how much longer are we talking?
Shafts have been weird length wise and the blade have been worse. Originally, the standard was 48" for a standard shaft and 51" for a tapered shaft, both with 3" plugs. Now some shafts, are shipping at 52" standard and 54" tapered, without plugs. The same thing happened with OPSs, originally they were 57" with 3" plugs, now they're 59-60" without a plug... The problem is the flex rating. With shafts, you add in another element, the hosel length of the blades, which isn't a standard length.

Old
10-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

Quote:
That is actually music to my ears. I have to put in about a 1.5" butt end to most standard length sticks for a 5.5 lie.

How much longer would the two-piece be than a standard OPS? Say from Easton?