HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do Pens fans like Matt Cooke?

View Poll Results: Do you like Cooke?
Yes, he's one of those guys you hate on other teams, but love on your own 125 83.89%
No, I guess I support him cause he's a Pen, but he's just such a dirty rat 24 16.11%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Mr. T

vCash: 500
Cooke is great. As already stated, almost every team has a guy like this and the fans love him because of his antics.

I love watching Sean Avery play too. He just pisses everyone off and it's hilarious.

Old
10-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Mr T: Yah but Avery's a total dewshbag on and off the ice. I have no respect for the guy. Only Sean Avery gets the ******* gesture thrown at him in games, because he's such a ***** / backs down from guys he's trying to agitate. Cooke OTOH will pretty much fight anytime someone wants to fight him. Ruutu not as much; he's more like Avery in that he will sometimes do something he knows will instigate a fight, then weasels out of it. But he's still far more respectable than Avery, even if less skilled.

Old
10-17-2010, 10:52 AM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Do Leafs fans still get hardons over Darcy Tucker?

Old
10-17-2010, 10:57 AM
DockEllisExperience

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcquaticBirdMan66 View Post
Bah, the usual. Talking about how Cooke is always on his case during games, and how he doesn't think he should have to fight Matt Cooke when someone like Crosby doesn't fight Carcillo. Really a bunch of useless garbage that only the likes of Mike Richards can say.
LOL, I doubt Cooke would want to fight Richards anyway, although Cooke might of wanted to simply because Richards tried to take his head off. He's just trying to ruffle his feathers and apparently it was working. Philly completely shut down after they went down, even when they hit 3 posts.

Old
10-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

When Cooke plays his game on the edge, he's most effective and I love him.

When he crosses that threshold and becomes a dirty player without a brain is when I start to hate him.

Old
10-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Burgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkochalek View Post
Mr T: Yah but Avery's a total dewshbag on and off the ice. I have no respect for the guy. Only Sean Avery gets the ******* gesture thrown at him in games, because he's such a ***** / backs down from guys he's trying to agitate. Cooke OTOH will pretty much fight anytime someone wants to fight him. Ruutu not as much; he's more like Avery in that he will sometimes do something he knows will instigate a fight, then weasels out of it. But he's still far more respectable than Avery, even if less skilled.
Ruutu has twice as many NHL fights as Cooke (34 to 17) over the same time. He's a decent middleweight scrapper with a high entertainment value. But Cookie is a better forechecker and all-around player. And neither had veteran teammates threatening to retire unless they get kicked off the team like it happened with Avery in Dallas.

Old
10-17-2010, 11:09 AM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach John McGuirk View Post
When Cooke plays his game on the edge, he's most effective and I love him.

When he crosses that threshold and becomes a dirty player without a brain is when I start to hate him.
But you loved Gary Roberts right? And what are your feelings on Samuelsson, Kasparitis, Tocchet, et al.? Dirty players are quite often loved by teams and fans.

This is the problem. People go on and on about how dirty Cooke is, but then they actively love other players who are just as dirty. If people don't like Cooke, that's cool. But I really wish people wouldn't say it's just because of his dirty play and then turn around and fantasize about having Ulf back on the squad.

Old
10-17-2010, 01:20 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I'm a Leafs fan first and foremost, but after that the Pens are certainly one of my favourite teams, absolutely love Crosby, Malkin and Staal. However, I cannot stand Matt Cooke. I'm kind of curious if legit Pens fans like Cooke, or feel that he's a d-bag who takes it too far?
1) I love him. This guy can play, he's not just a pest, and he can be trusted not take dumb penalities.

2) You're a Leafs fans...who are you to come here and complain? You had Darcy Tucker for how many seasons. More whinning.

Old
10-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Gustavo Fring
-35 ;)

What Cooke actually brings to the Pens is debatable, but if someone 'Cooke's' Crosby or Malkin, as he did to Savard (legal hit or not) the Pens and their fans will be hard pressed to get indignant about it.

Hopefully the irony of Kris Letang getting thrown out on Friday is not lost on Pens fans.

Old
10-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
Ruutu has twice as many NHL fights as Cooke (34 to 17) over the same time. He's a decent middleweight scrapper with a high entertainment value. But Cookie is a better forechecker and all-around player. And neither had veteran teammates threatening to retire unless they get kicked off the team like it happened with Avery in Dallas.
Wow. I didn't realize Ruutu had more. I recall more instances of him getting under people's skin and then not fighting (to draw a penalty or whatever). I guess he must instigate twice as much too. And yah, more evidence to back up my point re: Avery. If your teammates hate you and let the media know it, something is very very wrong. Although I don't think that's a problem with Carbomb, even if he is a dewsh of a different sort than Avery.

Old
10-17-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandshakeLine View Post
Do Leafs fans still get hardons over Darcy Tucker?
Exactly... that Peca hit was way worse than the Savard hit but Tucker was a Leaf so he was just playing ol' time hockey.

Old
10-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

God I despised that Leaf team (Tucker, Belak, Domi...) I realize Gary Roberts was on that team but even that's not enough to curb the hate. Those three were ****ing worthless.

Old
10-17-2010, 01:53 PM
shureshot66
Global Moderator

not surprisingly, a matt cooke thread has been overrun by trolls. this is only going to get worse.

Closed Thread