HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The night of June 9, 1993

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2004, 06:07 PM
HFXMooseHabs

vCash: 500
The night of June 9, 1993

Where were you 11 years ago???

I was a 12-year-old staying up way past his bedtime. I stuffed blankets in the bottom crack of the door so my mom wouldn't see the light from the TV shining through in the hallway.

I don't remember what I learned in school the next day but I sure as hell remember the Habs winning the Cup!

Old
06-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Natural Habs Fan

I was 12 at the time too... seems so long ago!

Old
06-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I was 8, remember it vividly.

Old
06-09-2004, 09:27 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by =CH=
Where were you 11 years ago???

I was a 12-year-old staying up way past his bedtime. I stuffed blankets in the bottom crack of the door so my mom wouldn't see the light from the TV shining through in the hallway.

I don't remember what I learned in school the next day but I sure as hell remember the Habs winning the Cup!
I was flying relief supplies into Somalia from Kenya. My wife phoned me at 3 or 4 am and all I heard was Bob syaing that the Montreal Canadiens have just won the Stanley cup....I just couldn't get back to sleep after that.

Old
06-09-2004, 09:43 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I was 8 years old too. I didn't cared actually. I liked hockey a lot. But for some reasons, I didn't watch the playoffs at all. I don't remember why. I think that I was having more fun playing with my legos (mostly because I had the most amazing skill set with them, all the kids were jealous because my creations were too beautiful lol), and video games... I was also watching more racing than hockey, so there might have been some racing arround that time too. I was probably also sick of watching hockey. After all, it could be all of those awnsers lol.

Old
06-09-2004, 09:47 PM
Jyroe Habs Fan

I was 24 years old. I was celebrating the Habs 23rd cup victory with 100 of my closest friends. The Western Canada Montreal Canadiens Fan Club in Saskatoon. Jim who was president of this club, rented out the Harold Latrace arena and we watched the game in the upstairs bar area. After the expected victory we celebrated on the non ice rink surface and took turns carrying our cup and drinking out of it. It was a magical night. It didn't hurt that I had a hot date and she enjoyed the night with me and even gave multiple presents afterwards.
I will never forget that night for the rest of my life!!!!!!!

Old
06-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyroe Habs Fan
I was 24 years old. I was celebrating the Habs 23rd cup victory with 100 of my closest friends.
It was the 24th, 23rd as an NHL team, but they won one as an NHA team before the NHL was born in 1917.

I was 12 at the time, and my parents were always cool about it, from the age of 10 they let me stay up for all weekend games and any weekday games that:

a) habs could clinch a series
b) habs could be eliminated
or
c) were Stanley Cup Finals Games

so i remember the whole series

We moved into a new house the day of game two and the cable wasn't set up, so i remember having to adjust the rabbit ears for that one. After game 5 i drank my first beer (well half a bottle anyway, split with my dad) to celebrate and then went to bed after they stopped doing laps in the old forum.

Old
06-09-2004, 10:22 PM
mcphee

I was in the process of moving to Ontario from Mtl., and I watched the game with my then 10 year old daughter on my 37th birthday. I remember being rude to a good friend who phoned to wish me a happy birthday during the game. As there was no cordless, I thanked her and yelled 'gotta go'. The rest of the family was in the new house and we had a chair and a TV left in the old house.

Old
06-09-2004, 10:39 PM
theo6060

Ahhhh, good memories. I can't really remember where I was watching it, but I know for a fact I was. I was only 10 years old, and I just didn't have a doubt in my mind that they couldn't do it. I really miss those days, it was such an awesome playoff run. I always watch the tapes now and reminisc(sp?). I really like watching the tapes of Patrick Roy back in 86. Talk about a goaltending display, he was simply amazing.

Old
06-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Habbadasher

I was 27 years old and had just bought a big screen t.v (well for those days it was) just to watch those playoffs

Old
06-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Clumsyhab

I was 10. At that time, I had to go to bed before 10pm I think. I miss the end of the game on TV, but listened to it on with my bulky walkman. When they won the cup, I just joined my parents in the living room to celebrate. I remember I could hear all the "bip bip" on the street and almost didn't sleep all night. Even at this young age, I wanted to go to downtown and steal some stuffs lol. I remember that night like it was yesterday.

Old
06-09-2004, 11:20 PM
Brett38

I was 28 years old, it was my daughters second birthday and I was home enjoying every minute of it. My daughter was asleep in bed and I was watching every second of that game on a 25 inch Sears electronic TV.

Oh, I was living in Newfoundland at the time. My inlaws are Leaf fans. They can't remember 1967. We have won 10 cups since then. Notice I used the word "we".

Old
06-09-2004, 11:36 PM
Madevilz

I was 8 and didnt watch hockey at that time

Old
06-10-2004, 12:17 AM
E = CH²

I was 13 and I was watching it at home with my father. All my friends were Nordiques fans back then. :lol

I remember my neighbor calling me on her own new phone and telephone line telling me a girl at school wanted to go out with me. And I couldn't care less (even though she was actually quite pretty). All I wanted to do was watch my team win the Stanley Cup !!!

Old
06-10-2004, 01:05 AM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
I really like watching the tapes of Patrick Roy back in 86. Talk about a goaltending display, he was simply amazing.
Ah so true. Sweet memories ... I remember in one of the games against the Rangers, there was a scramble in front of Roy and he was stopping everything and Bob Cole, freakin' out, screaming "I don't how he's keeping them out ...... BUT HE IS!!"

1993 - so very sweet as well.

Old
06-10-2004, 01:40 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I remember that night so well. I was 7 years old, lying in bed, my bedtime at that age was around 7 pm(my dad was extremely strict when I was younger, not at all anymore). He came in at lets say 9 pm and said come watch the third period. I remember watching it in his room, I was like WE ARE GOING TO WIN. Wow I want that feeling again, and the als just can't do it

Old
06-10-2004, 09:01 AM
Darz

I was 23...and at the bar (East Side Mario's) with a friend of mine who is also a habs fan. The two of us and one of the bartenders seemed to be the only ones really rooting for the habs to win. After the habs won, the bartender claimed he was buying a beer for all the hab fans and brought the two of us some free beer.

Ah.....good times.

Old
06-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Subban Fan

I was crying because i was a Nordiques fan...

Old
06-10-2004, 09:43 AM
BLONG7

I was 30 at that time, and the thing I remember the most about that year was the overtime victories... 10 in a row after losing the first one to the Nords, overtime that year was magic...

Old
06-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Not The One

One of the greatest nights of my life...

Because I WAS AT THE GAME!!!!

It was incredible. My birthday was june 7th and my godparents were season ticket holders. It was quite a nice gift . They had three seats just above the "tunnel" between both team's benches. I was just a few meters from Gretzky, Robitaille, Damphousse, Muller, Savard et al. And I got to be in the official cup picture! You can clearly see my face in the crowd behind the players. When we finally got out of the forum after the game, the streets were filled with people, and some guys had climbed in every tree and on every telephone booth.

Good times...

Old
06-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Kafka

I was 14..... I lost interrest in the finals cause I KNEW there was no way LA could win that series... and I remember going in the shower during the third period just so I wouldn't miss the end of the third period cause that night was ZE night! ;-)

During these playoffs, my best moment was a night when I think Montreal eliminated Hartford (in second round..).... and just after the game we switch to the NYI-Pitts game..... NYI eliminating Pittsburg (the team to beat)...... after that night, I felt Habs were about to win the cup, and this fealing increased when Toronto was beaten by the Kings.

Old
06-10-2004, 12:24 PM
rocketlives

The Night of June 9 1993

I was 51 then and I was at the old Forum watching that game live. I knew there would be a riot so I got the hell out of there as soon as Patrick Roy lifted the cup above his head and yelled "I'm going to Disney World.

Old
06-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Jackmangurl05

Send a message via MSN to Jackmangurl05 Send a message via Yahoo to Jackmangurl05
I was at the bar watching the game and then, when they won, I tried to get back home, with all the cars going crazy in the streets, with flags everywhere.... I was 22 years old. Also, I was planning with my friends to go to the 1993 NHL entry draft in Quebec City to see, the #1 pick, Alexandre Daigle from Victoriaville... LOL How time goes by....

Old
06-10-2004, 01:00 PM
Ace2000

Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
i remeber watching it and TAPING IT on top of that!!! (I lost the tape ) it was me and my bro. I remember the next day as well, i didn't learn a thing in class cause i was too busy talking to friends about the HABS!!! YEAH! I also rememebr that when pittsburg got elimin ated i knew the habs were gonna go to the finals. I knew they would be able to beat the Islanders. Then when i saw that the Kings beat the Leafs, i knew right then and there that they would win the cup. I knew even after their 1st game loss that they would win. Gretzky was great but the Habs had Roy!

Old
06-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Hab-a-maniac

I was only 7 and a half, but I remember having to play a softball game the night of the big game. I just wanted it to rain so I could get home and see it. And it did! Luckily I went back home and witnessed the great moment of clinching that cup. I want that again so this time I can cherish it.

Closed Thread