HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Kennedy & Talbot expendable?

Old
10-16-2010, 07:04 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

vCash: 500
Kennedy & Talbot expendable?

Big fan of Talbot so its hard for me to say that we no longer need this guy, but when Staal and Asham return...where do these two fit into the lineup?

Letestu has already proved he is more useful than either of them. Tangradi has been solid on the 2nd line giving us a big body that can stand in front of the net...something we haven't had since Malone or Roberts.

So, where do Talbot and Kennedy fit in? Its not like Bylsma is actually going to stop playing Adams.

If we were to dump these two guys...we'd clear up roughly 2.1 million dollars in cap space.

What do you guys think? Do we need either of them anymore?

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:06 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Are you watching Tyler Kennedy play?

Terrible thread.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:16 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Yes. Skate really hard. Take a dumb penalty. Take a really hard shot directly at the goalies chest. Accomplish nothing.

Am I missing something?

Old
10-16-2010, 07:20 PM
JTG

Kennedy has been one of our better forwards, but I don't expect anything I say positive about Kennedy to have any effect on those people who don't like him.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
Yes. Skate really hard. Take a dumb penalty. Take a really hard shot directly at the goalies chest. Accomplish nothing.

Am I missing something?
Have you watched him play any other games this season?

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:26 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
Have you watched him play any other games this season?
Am I suppose to be impressed by his 2 points in 6 games?

Have YOU seen him play any other games this season or last season?

Does he deserve to play over Letestu? No. Does he deserve to play over Adams? Yes. Will he? No.

He might as well start packing his bags when Staal returns.

Old
10-16-2010, 07:29 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Kennedy has been one of our better forwards, but I don't expect anything I say positive about Kennedy to have any effect on those people who don't like him.

If that the case...get ready for a LOOOOOONG season...

Old
10-16-2010, 07:30 PM
JTG

Quote:
Am I suppose to be impressed by his 2 points in 6 games?

Have YOU seen him play any other games this season or last season?

Does he deserve to play over Letestu? No. Does he deserve to play over Adams? Yes. Will he? No.

He might as well start packing his bags when Staal returns.
Who cares how many points he has. Guess how many points Geno has? Doesn't change the fact that he's been playing great hockey.

Kennedy has been playing great hockey. Strong on the forecheck, great two way play, things are happening when he's on the ice. I think Kennedy is as safe as safe can be.

Old
10-16-2010, 07:30 PM
SterlingBennett
Duchess Of Wingers

Kennedy was my whipping boy all off season. And I was not alone.

But right now there are only three players on this team that are expendable... AT THIS POINT IN TIME... Kennedy seems like he maybe back to old form as of late, and at 750K his current play is fine. Plus he is RFA. Unless he has an ungodly season that salary will not be going to far North. Not saying he wouldn't be traded... But there are others to be thrown under the bus before TK at this point in time.

1. Rupp - He is not doing his job, which is shot blocking, and he has been taking quite a few dumb penalties. He is rapidly make a case for him to be expendable.

2. Dupuis - If he is parted with, it won't happen till around deadline. And the reason he is expendable is his salary. 1.4M is to much for him. He gave us all hope last season with him working his ass off but alas it was a flash in the pan event. If he wanted to resign here for 800K to take a bottom six role I would have complete open arms for it. But otherwise he is expendable come deadline time.

3. Adams - Yes he is a great PK'er but he isn't doing anything else at the moment. He has no offensive upside to speak of. Once Staal and Asham are back with how we have #10 playing he is equally expendable to the other two I posted. Which sucks because I like Adams.

SterlingBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:31 PM
JTG

Quote:
If that the case...get ready for a LOOOOOONG season...
It has been the case. It's very obvious you don't watch the games though, so I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Old
10-16-2010, 07:36 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
It has been the case. It's very obvious you don't watch the games though, so I wouldn't expect you to know that.
Yeah. You're right. I'm glad you are keeping tabs on me and know when I am and when I'm not watching games. Thanks for being such a great friend.

I've watched every game this season. Kennedy hasn't done jack all.

Answer this...what exactly has he done to earn the status "one of our best forwards"

Since you apparently watch all the games and I watch none...maybe you could enlighten me?

Old
10-16-2010, 07:38 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictionzero View Post
Kennedy was my whipping boy all off season. And I was not alone.

But right now there are only three players on this team that are expendable... AT THIS POINT IN TIME... Kennedy seems like he maybe back to old form as of late, and at 750K his current play is fine. Plus he is RFA. Unless he has an ungodly season that salary will not be going to far North. Not saying he wouldn't be traded... But there are others to be thrown under the bus before TK at this point in time.

1. Rupp - He is not doing his job, which is shot blocking, and he has been taking quite a few dumb penalties. He is rapidly make a case for him to be expendable.

2. Dupuis - If he is parted with, it won't happen till around deadline. And the reason he is expendable is his salary. 1.4M is to much for him. He gave us all hope last season with him working his ass off but alas it was a flash in the pan event. If he wanted to resign here for 800K to take a bottom six role I would have complete open arms for it. But otherwise he is expendable come deadline time.

3. Adams - Yes he is a great PK'er but he isn't doing anything else at the moment. He has no offensive upside to speak of. Once Staal and Asham are back with how we have #10 playing he is equally expendable to the other two I posted. Which sucks because I like Adams.
I agree with all three of your assessments. I think you've hit the nail on the head with each one.

But Bylsma has such a hard on for Adams...its almost like hes an untouchable.

Rupp's ability to take stupid penalties has probably reached an all time high...

Old
10-16-2010, 07:38 PM
PensPlz

Send a message via Skype™ to PensPlz
Talbot and Kennedy are both great 3rd liners. Both assets to the team. Both bring a lot to the fans and the locker room.

Unless a "blockbuster" deal is to be made with them, they are just fine on the 3rd line.

PensPlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:41 PM
JTG

Quote:
Yeah. You're right. I'm glad you are keeping tabs on me and know when I am and when I'm not watching games. Thanks for being such a great friend.

I've watched every game this season. Kennedy hasn't done jack all.

Answer this...what exactly has he done to earn the status "one of our best forwards"

Since you apparently watch all the games and I watch none...maybe you could enlighten me?
It's blatantly obvious you don't.

If you did, this thread wouldn't have even been created.

Old
10-16-2010, 07:42 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensPlz View Post
Talbot and Kennedy are both great 3rd liners. Both assets to the team. Both bring a lot to the fans and the locker room.

Unless a "blockbuster" deal is to be made with them, they are just fine on the 3rd line.
The closest thing to a blockbuster involving Talbot and Kennedy is the one around the corner from their house. I think they both have late fees.

Everybody whines that we don't have real wingers, but yet now we need a "blockbuster" to move average third/fourth liners? A combined 2 million plus could give us an upgrade over either of them...and we have other guys who are cheaper than can fill in and do just as good as they are doing right now.

Old
10-16-2010, 07:42 PM
JWells16

Unfortunately, I do think Talbot is expendable... which hurts to say. I've been a huge fan of Max since the 2005 season. I love his personality and that he's come in clutch for us in the past, but I'm just not sure we need him anymore.

That was difficult to type...

JWells16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Energise

Rupp (the king of the bad penalty thus far) and Dupuis (based on his cap hit) seem like more logical departures. TK and Talbot, provided they are both healthy, are very valuable assets to this organization and have very nice cap hits.

Energise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:43 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
It's blatantly obvious you don't.

If you did, this thread wouldn't have even been created.
See, you say that and yet you can't list a single thing that Kennedy has done this year that is so "spectacular."

Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing. Your lack of input is greatly appreciated.

Old
10-16-2010, 07:45 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWells16 View Post
Unfortunately, I do think Talbot is expendable... which hurts to say. I've been a huge fan of Max since the 2005 season. I love his personality and that he's come in clutch for us in the past, but I'm just not sure we need him anymore.

That was difficult to type...
Thats exactly how I feel. Word for word.

Old
Energise

Quote:
See, you say that and yet you can't list a single thing that Kennedy has done this year that is so "spectacular."

Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing. Your lack of input is greatly appreciated.
Compared to the rest of our forwards, I'd say his forechecking and backchecking efforts have been as good as or better than anyone.

Energise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Injuries happen, so no -- neither of them are expendable.

Randy Butternubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:46 PM
JTG

Quote:

This joke of a thread doesn't even deserve any type of intelligent response.

Old
10-16-2010, 07:46 PM
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

i'm convinced you're all f**kin crazy. 2 wins, looks like we're coming out of our little lull and despite that lull we're in 1st place in the division

you need a xanaz, adderall, and anti psychotic daily cocktail

lastcupever75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:47 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanical View Post
Injuries happen, so no -- neither of them are expendable.
Unfortunately...so does the salary cap and how much longer do you want to rely on Dupuis riding on that top line?

Old
10-16-2010, 07:47 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post

Terrible thread.
Actually, Cole, based on watching people play, the guy who's expendable is Malkin. 0 points at 5 on 5. Useless on the wing. Even more useless on the PP on the left side. Perhaps he could be traded for a right handed shooting second line center and a winger for Sid.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote