HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kennedy & Talbot expendable?

Old
10-16-2010, 08:48 PM
nwpensfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Kennedy has been one of our better forwards, but I don't expect anything I say positive about Kennedy to have any effect on those people who don't like him.
I was one of those stating in preseason that TK was the most expendable (tradeable) winger we had and I have changed my mind with his play! Let's hope he continues his play, scores some goals and most of all not get injured.

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
This joke of a thread doesn't even deserve any type of intelligent response.
In all honesty, are you related to Kennedy or something? You're defending him like he's your own child.

What gives? You can't even supply evidence and thus your point is completely lost. Whatever.

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
eXile59
Shirts on.

Talbot is a great locker room guy who scored some big goals in the finals. He is a good but not great bottom 6 forward. I would say yes he is expendable.

Kennedy still hasn't played a full season yet but scored 35 points in 67 games a year ago. I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to lose him but it wouldn't make much sense.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 08:50 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Talbot is a great locker room guy who scored some big goals in the finals. He is a good but not great bottom 6 forward. I would say yes he is expendable.

Kennedy still hasn't played a full season yet but scored 35 points in 67 games a year ago. I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to lose him but it wouldn't make much sense.
True he did have a solid year, but the team has changed since then.

Asham is capable of getting those points and honestly, so is Letestu if he keeps this up.

Old
cynic*

Send a message via Yahoo to cynic*
Rupp/Godard/Adams/Talbot/Dupuis and maybe even Asham and Comrie. all these guys are expendable.

cynic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
Unfortunately...so does the salary cap and how much longer do you want to rely on Dupuis riding on that top line?
I think that makes Dupuis expendable. Adams will be the first casuality and if we like it or not Comrie might be the second if he doesn't improve real fast.

Old
10-16-2010, 08:51 PM
KIRK

If two guys are expendable, then it's Talbot and Dupuis. Still see Malkin as expendable in a trade . . .

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 08:53 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
I think that makes Dupuis expendable. Adams will be the first casuality and if we like it or not Comrie might be the second if he doesn't improve real fast.
Adams SHOULD be the first causality. I honesty feel he wouldn't play on ANY other team in the league if he were let go, but Shero and Bylsma love the guy...for whatever reason. And since hes so cheap, I just don't see them getting rid of him...even though is he a dime a dozen player.

Old
10-16-2010, 08:53 PM
nwpensfan

Godard, Adams, Talbot & Dupuis seem most expendable to me at this point.

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 08:54 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
True he did have a solid year, but the team has changed since then.

Asham is capable of getting those points and honestly, so is Letestu if he keeps this up.
Asham has only got 30 points in a season once and Letestu is playing great but its only 6 games.

But for arguments sake lets say they both do put up around the mid 30s in points. A 3rd line where everyone on that line scores in the mid 30s in points is not a bad thing.

Old
10-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Dupree13

It's a tough call. I don't think any bottom sixer has proven himself more expendable than the next guy. But clearly when Asham and Staal come back something has to give.

I think Tangradi will probably go down. He's doing alright but he's not doing so great that he's forcing them to keep him. I think rather than make the difficult move of cutting a popular, tenured player, Shero will give ET the axe.

Dupree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 08:56 PM
MtlPenFan

Talbot, Adams, Rupp, Dupuis are all expendable.

TK is more talented than people think. He's erratic, but he's better than most of the support staff we have.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 08:56 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree13 View Post
It's a tough call. I don't think any bottom sixer has proven himself more expendable than the next guy. But clearly when Asham and Staal come back something has to give.

I think Tangradi will probably go down. He's doing alright but he's not doing so great that he's forcing them to keep him. I think rather than make the difficult move of cutting a popular, tenured player, Shero will give ET the axe.
I sincerely hope you're wrong. I just don't think keeping Tangradi in the AHL another season will do anything for the guy, but kill his confidence.

Old
10-16-2010, 08:57 PM
EdwardBlake
This is all a joke.

One thing is for sure though... It will be an emotional off season.

UFA:
Dupus
Talbot
Rupp
Godard
Asham
Adams

RFA:
Kennedy
Letestu

With this list of people coming into contract talks there will be a few very hard choices made by Shero and management next season.

Since we are talking about expendables... This is basically my opinion on each player to give out predictions.

UFA:
Dupuis - If he is not dealt come deadline, I would love to have him back at less than 1M, ideally 750K-800K, to do a bottom six role. He would be fantastic on L3/L4 at that price with his speed and streaky offense. He is ideal for that role at that price. If not, or if he is dealt then sorry to see you go Dupuis.

Talbot - He has to sign for less if he wants to stay on this team. I know he is a huge part of the personal identity of this team, is a tenacious little ***** to play against in a forechecking role. And is completely clutch at the right times. But 1M+ is to much for him for his production. He will have to sign for less to stay here. I REALLY hope he does, I love him on this team, every championship team usually has a Talbot type of player on it.

Rupp - I know its only a few games in, but if this guy continues not to block shots. And continues to take dumb penalties game after game. He will be gone. Simple as that. He job is to deliver hard hits, hold the boards, and block shots. At the moment he is not doing any of this well or not at all.

Godard - He will be back, simple as that. A lot of people think the idea of a GOON is obsolete, but I think people just need to be comfortable with the fact that he will be around or someone like him.

Asham - We have not gotten to see him play yet, so hands in the air on him. We have to wait till he is back. The combo of Cooke - Talbot/Letestu - Asham may just be a horrid line to play against. Its a wait and see.

Adams - We just have to many good PK'ers on this team right now. Which is basically why Adams was brought in on waivers was to make our PK harder to play against. But not we have a massive surplus of that role, and he has no offesnse to speak of. I think he will be with this team a full 82 this season, but after that... I think he future is bleak.

RFA:
Kennedy - Like I said I was one of the biggest TK bashers this off season. But looking at it objectively unless he is involved in a trade for a winger due to his RFA status being a bargaining chip then he will be a Pen after this season. He gets paid 750K right now, for how he is currently playing that is fine. And unless he has an unreal year that salary will not go to far north. Put it this way, there is no way in hell he gets more than Dupuis is currently making. lol

Letestu - This guy is playing amazing right now. If he can keep it up all season and stick with the big club then this guy will 100% be the reason that one of the players above is sent packing. If he keeps this play up for his stay here, or if he sticks around the the entire season then he will undoubtedly be a Penguin next season.

Also I left Comrie off because he is not a Bottom 6'er and that its the subject right now, Comrie is supposed to be a top 6 player for us currently. If he doesn't do that role, goodbye, simple as that.

EdwardBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
I agree with all three of your assessments. I think you've hit the nail on the head with each one.

But Bylsma has such a hard on for Adams...its almost like hes an untouchable

Rupp's ability to take stupid penalties has probably reached an all time high...
Such a massive hard on that Adams has been scratched in the last two games.... between this and calling out Kennedy and Talbot in this thread, I wonder if you're watching the games at all?

I'd say Fictionzero is almost bang on - expect that I'd say Godard instead of Rupp. Rupp is much more useful, and with him, Asham and Engelland, we have more than enough fighting ability.
As for the order of things.... Adams/Godard are first in line for me, then Dupuis.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 09:06 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Such a massive hard on that Adams has been scratched in the last two games.... between this and calling out Kennedy and Talbot in this thread, I wonder if you're watching the games at all?

I'd say Fictionzero is almost bang on - expect that I'd say Godard instead of Rupp. Rupp is much more useful, and with him, Asham and Engelland, we have more than enough fighting ability.
As for the order of things.... Adams/Godard are first in line for me, then Dupuis.
How else would you explain the fact that he played in all 82 games last season without scoring a single goal?

Maybe the their is a wind of change blowing through the coach's office, but take a look at last year. This season is only a few games old as is...

Old
10-16-2010, 09:10 PM
khaoskennedy

Quote:
How else would you explain the fact that he played in all 82 games last season without scoring a single goal?

Maybe the their is a wind of change blowing through the coach's office, but take a look at last year. This season is only a few games old as is...
they obviously like adams, but maybe they are finally realizing that just being a good Pker isnt gonna cut it anymore. we have too many forwards to have a guy whos just a good PKer. imo hed have to be the first to go, id rather see him put on waivers than tangradi demoted to WBS.

khaoskennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
Because there wasn't the competition on the bottom6 that we have now? Who was getting scratched among the forwards signed to one-way deals? Pretty much exclusively Godard, and that didn't happen very often either except at the end of the season when he had been out injured.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 09:18 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Lets call Adams what he is, a 33 yeard old waiver wire pick up who will do anything for his team to win but has 0 goals in almost a 100 game played.

Old
10-16-2010, 09:27 PM
WVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic View Post
Rupp/Godard/Adams/Talbot/Dupuis and maybe even Asham and Comrie. all these guys are expendable.
That's the real answer. Rupp and Talbot don't look good at all this year IMO. Talbot looks more like a 500K player than a 1M player.

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Kennedy's playing well. His game isn't about stats. Talbot has played better lately too, imo. I'd say Adams, Rupp or Godard can go before one of Kennedy or Talbot does.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 09:53 PM
sEmowashere
[|=(86)=|]

I would say that they are expendable but not actively being shopped. Talbot for his lockeroom presence and TK for his tenacious play.

However, if the right trade came along I would consider them both gone.

sEmowashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sEmowashere View Post
I would say that they are expendable but not actively being shopped. Talbot for his lockeroom presence and TK for his tenacious play.

However, if the right trade came along I would consider them both gone.
Same here, the bottom six are all expendable, save Cooke, and none would hesitate if the right return came back.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 10:05 PM
CraigAdamsnumber1fan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensPlz View Post
Talbot and Kennedy are both great 3rd liners. Both assets to the team. Both bring a lot to the fans and the locker room.

Unless a "blockbuster" deal is to be made with them, they are just fine on the 3rd line.
Kennedy is great value for his salary. I think one million is too much for Talbot though.

CraigAdamsnumber1fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Hail Stannis

Quote:
It's blatantly obvious you don't.

If you did, this thread wouldn't have even been created.
I'm sorry but "you clearly don't watch the games" might be the worst argument I've ever heard.

Hail Stannis is offline   Reply With Quote