HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Andreychuk vs Ciccarelli

View Poll Results: Best player?
Andreychuk 7 25.00%
Ciccarelli 21 75.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-18-2010, 11:14 AM
overg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Ciccarelli played for one of the best teams in the NHL for four years and his playoffs are more than a dissapointment. In 93 he had the worst +/- on the team, same thing in '95 and once again in '96. There is a reason why Bowman dumped him.
That's not how I remember them at all. Well, I'm not arguing about the +/- part, since I have no recollection about what it was, but about "his playoffs are more than a disappointment." My memory of '95 and '96 in particular is that Dino was one of the few Wings who actually scored when the games got tight. Basically, even though they started playing the lock themselves in '95, it wasn't until '97 that the Wings really figured out how to score against a strong defensive system. Dino was one of the few exceptions to that. So while he was definitely not a two way forward, he was at the very least doing his share in the offensive end.

We're going back 15 years now, so maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure I was surprised when Dino was dealt because he had been one of the Wings' better scorers in their losing efforts.

overg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 11:35 AM
jkrx

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overg View Post
That's not how I remember them at all. Well, I'm not arguing about the +/- part, since I have no recollection about what it was, but about "his playoffs are more than a disappointment." My memory of '95 and '96 in particular is that Dino was one of the few Wings who actually scored when the games got tight. Basically, even though they started playing the lock themselves in '95, it wasn't until '97 that the Wings really figured out how to score against a strong defensive system. Dino was one of the few exceptions to that. So while he was definitely not a two way forward, he was at the very least doing his share in the offensive end.

We're going back 15 years now, so maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure I was surprised when Dino was dealt because he had been one of the Wings' better scorers in their losing efforts.
Dino scored 2 goals against Avs in 96 and one of them were in 6-4 win. He had one goal against the devils in 95.

jkrx is offline   Reply With Quote