HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 4-3 vs the Sens - Kostitsyn buys the fans

Old
10-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Next Best Thing*

vCash: 500
Kostitsyn break stick with pass.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:17 PM
danyhabsfan

23min20s for Plekanec

it's been a long time since I saw a forward with the most icetime in a team. Usually its a defenseman.

danyhabsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:18 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
23min20s for Plekanec

it's been a long time since I saw a forward with the most icetime in a team. Usually its a defenseman.
The guy is totally showing he is our best all around forward and earning that pay check...he has come into his own and entering his prime.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:20 PM
macavoy

I need a habs forum mod to give me a time out because I honestly feel like the sens made a huge mistake choosing cory clouston over dany heatly and I want to bump this thread

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=658857

but I know better and it would get me in trouble, but I know its the truth.

with heatly, the sens were a scf team, without him they aren't even a shadow.

I mean, I would give up alot to get a player of his calibre, but they chose to give him away to keep a coach.

I mean if it came down to it, and after the playoffs last year, who do you choose, do you choose 13 goals mike cammeleri or do you choose guy boocher?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
The guy is totally showing he is our best all around forward and earning that pay check...he has come into his own and entering his prime.
Our first line basically took the 4th line minutes and and the second as well, Martin was rolling 2 lines since the second.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:27 PM
onebighockeyfan

CBC is just about as bad as FOX. Bias, bias, bias. What do you expect when you have Don Cherry on your payroll. When I listen in to CBC I feel extreme shame. Unfortunately they have the best HD feed...oh well, I'll suck it up!

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:28 PM
McTusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCap View Post
Why not try Kostitsyn's shot on the point. If he continues to play this hard (backchecking especially) he may not be such a problem playing at the point.
Try him with Subban who is fast enough to recover on any gaffs, maybe?

McTusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Maybe next game Martin can try Eller at center.

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-Halpern-Lapierre
Boyd-Eller-Pyatt

It's not like he's going to play either Boyd or Eller much anyways and Paytt is useful on the PK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I need a habs forum mod to give me a time out because I honestly feel like the sens made a huge mistake choosing cory clouston over dany heatly and I want to bump this thread

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=658857

but I know better and it would get me in trouble, but I know its the truth.

with heatly, the sens were a scf team, without him they aren't even a shadow.

I mean, I would give up alot to get a player of his calibre, but they chose to give him away to keep a coach.

I mean if it came down to it, and after the playoffs last year, who do you choose, do you choose 13 goals mike cammeleri or do you choose guy boocher?
Try bumping it now.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:34 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-Halpern-Lapierre
Boyd-Eller-Pyatt

It's not like he's going to play either Boyd or Eller much anyways and Paytt is useful on the PK.

Try bumping it now.
I was gonna go bump it.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:36 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 915
When Subban learns to shoot his one timers on the high corners of the net (lucarnes), when he improves his precision, he'll score even more than Souray or MAB did, while being a player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
I think Eller is officially a winger now. The unavoidable fact is that if he's going to make it onto the top 6 sometime in the next few years it's going to have to be as a winger. He might as well learn and develop his game at that position.
Eller and AK on the top 6 is the way to go. Benoît Pouliot is a Ballerina. He can shoot, he can skate, he can pass, too, therefore he's frustrating. He's becoming candidate number one to be moved at the deadline along with picks for a veteran. He needs to be on the first or second line of a bad team to rebuild himself.

Last edited by FF de Mars: 10-16-2010 at 11:46 PM.
FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I think Eller is officially a winger now. The unavoidable fact is that if he's going to make it onto the top 6 sometime in the next few years it's going to have to be as a winger. He might as well learn and develop his game at that position.

Sebaldian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:42 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

The reasons the stars were different is because the fans vote for them but cbc did there own ..

kostitsyn was 1st by fans

2nd pleks

99GoHabsGo99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
Yeah I feel it too... but I can still dream. Three solid lines that can score and defend. *sigh*

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Feels nice to watch a game where we actually outplay the opposition for once and don't just rely on goaltending to bail us out.

And man, it would be nice if Kostitsyn could finally play consistently and look like he did tonight. That would be a world of difference to our team. I've been hoping and praying it would happen but I gave up on the guy. I really, really hope that he can finally put it all together and I hope that Martin can just leave him and Pleks alone because they've always fit well together.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
JM asked in the post game about what he had to do to keep AK46 rolling.

His response....it's a contract year isn't it? that's pretty good motivation.

pretty funny quip for JM
Not sure how funny it is. While we might all think that, pretty sure that his coach should refrain from saying it....He's playing great, acknowledge it. No needs to be a smart ass......but we all know Martin and his people's skills....

You are actually calling your player an opportunist. By saying that you are not congratulating him at all but criticizing his character...I believe we can think that. Don't believe a coach should openly say it.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:54 PM
JrHockeyFan

What give with CBC going on and on about the second Ottawa goal by Karlsson. Frickin' thing was a rocket. They even said he has a rocket. It was just inside the post. Who was the clown suggesting Price should have stopped that?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:56 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
What give with CBC going on and on about the second Ottawa goal by Karlsson. Frickin' thing was a rocket. They even said he has a rocket. It was just inside the post. Who was the clown suggesting Price should have stopped that?
I think Price should've had it and I'm pretty sure that when we read the postgame comments Price will say the same thing.

The 3rd goal though was an absolutely perfect shot and I don't think you can blame the goalie for that one.

Old
10-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I think Price should've had it and I'm pretty sure that when we read the postgame comments Price will say the same thing.

The 3rd goal though was an absolutely perfect shot and I don't think you can blame the goalie for that one.
Example of things people don't see on the same page. Price challenged the 2nd goal on top of having players coming flying near him, the shot was hard and near the post if it didn't touched it. No way he could have stopped that.

While the 3rd shot, he wasn't square to the shooter AND the backhand was not hard and was floppinig all over. So he could have stopped that positionnally and/or with his reflexes....easily. He did neither. That's the one he should have got.

But he did other nice saves and wasn't that much occupied to begin with. Pretty tough to get it going when you actually don't have any saves to make. Price wasn't the story here....for once. And that's positive.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Stradale

This is the first win in 8 months for Price at the Bell Center.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 12:04 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Example of things people don't see on the same page. Price challenged the 2nd goal on top of having players coming flying near him, the shot was hard and near the post if it didn't touched it. No way he could have stopped that.

While the 3rd shot, he wasn't square to the shooter AND the backhard was not hard and was floppinig all over. So he could have stopped that positionnally and/or with his reflexes....easily. He did neither. That's the one he should have got.

But he did other nice saves and wasn't that much occupied to begin with. Pretty tough to get it going when you actually don't have any saves to make.
Meh, we can nitpick about this or that... bottom line is that he played a pretty solid game and I wouldn't call either of the goals 'soft'. They were both good shots. I think he should've had the 2nd but I don't think it was terrible by any stretch.

It was nice to see the team bail him out for a change and actually come back from a deficit. The kid deserved a break.

Old
10-17-2010, 12:04 AM
znk

Eller is not the guy who should have been benched after the Karlsson goal.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 12:06 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

So you think the hard shot inside the post was easier than the backhand goal?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
So you think the hard shot inside the post was easier than the backhand goal?
To be honest, I don't remember the backhanded goal.

Old
10-17-2010, 12:11 AM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not sure how funny it is. While we might all think that, pretty sure that his coach should refrain from saying it....He's playing great, acknowledge it. No needs to be a smart ass......but we all know Martin and his people's skills....

You are actually calling your player an opportunist. By saying that you are not congratulating him at all but criticizing his character...I believe we can think that. Don't believe a coach should openly say it.
Apparently some are quite selective with JM's post-game quotes.

He went on to say:

"He's strong," the coach said. "He goes to the net and he has an intimidating shot.

"Andrei is learning," Martin added, "and his puck management is improving."

SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Is it just me or does Plekanec always seem to exceed expectations. Night after night he gives so much effort and he's always somehow contributing offensively. Then there's AK, I don't want to go into the past with how he's played, but he's a man on a mission now. He's been playing like the 10th overall pick. He skates his ass off, he gets open and he goes to the net. Him and Plekanec have incredible chemistry, and it's paying off for both of them. There was an article saying AK has been spending more time with Gionta recently and it's apparent his work ethic is rubbing off on him, and his english is improving as well.

All-in-all, I'm really pleased with Plek and AK.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote