HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Concerns about Malkin

Old
10-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

vCash: 500
Worth less than half of his salary?? Hyperbole much? Jeezus... get a grip.

He hasn't been playing as well as he should but hockey is a game of momentum swings in game and from game to game. Unless your name is Gretzky or Lemieux, you most likely had periods of subpar play, where you were out of sync with the team, snake bit or whatever. He had two points last night and has done some good things every game as well as dumb things.

I do agree that the behind-the-back-twirly-bird passing **** from both Sid and Geno needs to go now. It is useless and almost always fails.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandshakeLine View Post
Remember, guys, the other Michalek brother is easily worth Staal alone, so we might have to throw in Crosby and a Jagr rookie card for the whole package.
Score or O Pee Cheese? Cuz I think I can help out here...

I still have my Score rookies, but I gave my O P Cheese rookie away to some girl I liked in high school who thought Jagr's mullet made him look totally bomb skippy.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Gold Diamond
World Champ

Malkin needs to get better with the puck. He's not scaring anyone anymore. They just poke it off his stick, or wait for the puck to wander off his stick.

He's not playing like a Superstar should...

Gold Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Mr Wu

Sid has looked pretty average so far by his standards, but he's still making things happen on every shift. I don't think he played better before or after the philly game, he's been consistent... the bounces have just been going our way lately and that's lead to more points. He is always worth the money, bounces or not. He is relentless.

Malkin doesn't deserve 4.35 mil the way he is playing right now and that's not hyperbole. Not saying that won't change, just saying that's my view as of this moment. For example, Dustin Brown at well under 3.5 mil would be helping us much more while earning his full salary rather than less than 50% of it. He even has more skill on breakaways.

Sid and Geno both make those kind of bad passes that really hurt us, but with Sid at least I can see what he's trying to do, it just doesn't always work, however with Malkin, I have no clue what he is even thinking.

Mr Wu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Phil68

Some of you guys talk a lot of doodoo, to state that Malkin is not playing like a superstar yet, At Malkin's worse, is better then every other player in the league other then Ovie, and Crosby! Sure sometimes he does make careless plays but i've seen Crosby mess up on d and offense so many times! Quite Frankly Malkin Is only hmmm two points behind Sid, Ovie And 5points currently back from Hossa! Unless Injury he will be in top 3 in point again despite how some of you guys view him as the step child between Him and Crosby! Shoot Crosby had Hossa at his wing at some point and didn't make crap happen.. But it's all Glory to CRosby! Yet Malkin Does have a conn smythe trophy under his belt. One Art Ross and damn he should of had a Hart specialy when Crosby went down for almost 3 months. I honestly hope Malkin gets traded so some of realize how great he is and how much he is on the Same level as Ovie and Crosby...

Shoot if there is anyone who Needs to proove himself is Jordan Staal... When Staal got drafted i really don't think it was for defensive purposes....

And for this one guy on this thread who stated that Malkin should get paid the same amount at Dustin Brown, who barely broke 60 points two years ago in 82 games, should be shot! This YEar so far Malkin has been playing well... I truly say get off his .....

Phil68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 07:46 PM
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wu View Post
Sid has looked pretty average so far by his standards, but he's still making things happen on every shift. I don't think he played better before or after the philly game, he's been consistent... the bounces have just been going our way lately and that's lead to more points. He is always worth the money, bounces or not. He is relentless.

Malkin doesn't deserve 4.35 mil the way he is playing right now and that's not hyperbole. Not saying that won't change, just saying that's my view as of this moment. For example, Dustin Brown at well under 3.5 mil would be helping us much more while earning his full salary rather than less than 50% of it. He even has more skill on breakaways.

Sid and Geno both make those kind of bad passes that really hurt us, but with Sid at least I can see what he's trying to do, it just doesn't always work, however with Malkin, I have no clue what he is even thinking.
from my (albeit untrained) eye, its geno thats had the better jump in his skating, even with sid breaking out on saturday...hence all the "whats wrong with sid" threads we've seen

if it persists for longer then said 6 games to like say a year, maybe we explore it then, but likely not given the other options i posted before in this thread

dont know why everyone's so anxious to get rid of definitive top 7 player in the league (arguably 3rd best in the league)... whats the upside in that??? getting guys that are close to 100th best players in the league?? makes no sense

you would trade malkin for brown straight up?

taking a guess here, but, i bet he's canadian, right?

lastcupever75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 07:52 PM
WVP

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 12:12 AM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVP View Post
How post modern! A blank .jpg!

I'm really gonna look stupid when you fix the link, aren't I?

HandshakeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:39 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

Glad to see the panic hasn't gone away since I left and came back from vacation. Malkin has 6 points in 7 games, Crosby has 8 in 7 games. Crosby has had one really nice game statistics-wise. Seems like if Malkin puts up 3 pts in a game this week no one will care. They shouldn't to begin with in my opinion, but I wouldn't expect any less from this board.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote