HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/18/10 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay VS Dallas

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2010, 06:41 AM
Xenophobia Catalyst
The Omega Dreamer

vCash: 50
Missed the game last night but just watched the highlights and that looked like a great game...all except Smith. He looked shaky on every single goal. Looking through this thread that seems to be the consensus. There is no way that should have been a 1 goal game.

Old
10-19-2010, 07:05 AM
Tampa22

vCash: 500
Well, I agree with most of you, game overall was good, lot of guys playing at high level and battle hard like Downie, St. Louis, Stamkos, Hedman, Thompson, Hall, Purcell among others.
The big problem for this team is the defense, who played an aceptable game yesterday limited Dallas to just 19 goals but what can I say about the goalie, Thursday's game is for Ellis, played great in Philly and deserved another chance after the game against Florida.
Smith make mistakes when he don't need to make it, I like him, but his sloppy play cost us a lot of games and he's playing his last year of contract, I see a next UFA.
The only thing that I don't like about this team is the lack of hits, but I need to accept it cause is the way that Boucher play, I like to be agressive all the time and have one or two "smart" tough guys on the 4th line like Asham or Prust.
Can't wait for the next game, Isles are playing good and have lot of young potencial, Konopka again in town, I still miss him!

Old
10-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Tokala

Mike Smith is not the answer in goal. He looked like he was on a time delay with the radio broadcast. I'd like to see Ellis at home to hopefully get some comfortable feeling about the goaltending.

It was good to see them play well and win without Vinny. Maybe that will take some pressure off of him and he'll just go play? Sometimes I think he tries too hard. Sometimes I think he just floats.

can't wait for Ohlund to come back and for Vernace to ship off to Norfolk.

Old
10-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Felonious Python
TyJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa22 View Post
Well, I agree with most of you, game overall was good, lot of guys playing at high level and battle hard like Downie, St. Louis, Stamkos, Hedman, Thompson, Hall, Purcell among others.
The big problem for this team is the defense, who played an aceptable game yesterday limited Dallas to just 19 goals but what can I say about the goalie, Thursday's game is for Ellis, played great in Philly and deserved another chance after the game against Florida.
Smith make mistakes when he don't need to make it, I like him, but his sloppy play cost us a lot of games and he's playing his last year of contract, I see a next UFA.
The only thing that I don't like about this team is the lack of hits, but I need to accept it cause is the way that Boucher play, I like to be agressive all the time and have one or two "smart" tough guys on the 4th line like Asham or Prust.
Can't wait for the next game, Isles are playing good and have lot of young potencial, Konopka again in town, I still miss him!
I just thought I'd highlight that for everybody.

Old
10-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
Smitty is hilarious, I laughed hard when they scored that wtf goal behind the net, knew it was going to happen

Hope we trade for a good, consistent goalie.

Good win, we played very well, now a game against the Isles, should be fun

Old
10-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Tampa22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I just thought I'd highlight that for everybody.
LOL, I sucks with the english man... But I think everybody know what I try to say hahaha

Old
10-19-2010, 11:18 AM
DarrylshutzSydor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa22 View Post
LOL, I sucks with the english man... But I think everybody know what I try to say hahaha
Its all good, I knew you meant shots against. Lundin continues to impress me with his non stop hustling and shot blocking. Hedman and Kubina have looked good. Clark another good shot blocker, but NOT a PP "quarterback", Jones has been shaky.....

Old
10-19-2010, 02:02 PM
TBFan

Don't think this team can expect that many goals every night. Really need one of the two goalies to step up and take over the job.

Closed Thread