Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Stretching routines for goalie?

10-28-2010, 11:46 PM
vCash: 500
Stretching routines for goalie?

So I'm just starting out as a (roller) goalie. What kinds of stretches should I be focusing on? Also, when should I start stretching for night games that start sometime between 6 and 11? Should I stretch both at home before I leave and then again when I get to the arena?

Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
10-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Leafs out = SPRING!
vCash: 2466
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6rWJqeCMNC8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6rWJqeCMNC8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Stretching is funny. I play net once in a while (I hate it but I have the equipment) but my son is a goalie and we always start with up downs getting up on opposite sides to warm up before we stretch. then hurdlers, straddles, toe touches, back stretches, crossing legs behind with pads on, then more up downs

Are you a butterfly goalie there are some vids on youtube on how to louse your hips to get a wider butterfly. Or you can do a straddle in net like in the vid I posted above. )

Have you ever played net before? If not it will be more advantageous to learn where the net is behind you by finding markers on the rink than stressing about goalie specific stretching.

Stretch the way you would if you where going to play any sport or run 5K for now and focus on learning the crease and angles.

There is a lot to learn about plying net.
Good Luck

Last edited by adaminnj: 10-29-2010 at 12:32 AM.
adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
10-29-2010, 12:45 AM
vCash: 500
Ehhh... I don't know if we're allowed to give links to other forums, so I PM'd you.

Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote