HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

How did you like Horton at center

Old
10-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Ziostilon

vCash: 500
How did you like Horton at center

Don't really follow the Panthers.

When Nathan Horton was still here. I recall there was some time that he played center, because he did play center in junior. correct me if im wrong

what was your opinion on it. did you like his faceoff, defensive play down low. dishing the puck around, and not having the side boards to rush up the ice with

Ziostilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post
Don't really follow the Panthers.

When Nathan Horton was still here. I recall there was some time that he played center, because he did play center in junior. correct me if im wrong

what was your opinion on it. did you like his faceoff, defensive play down low. dishing the puck around, and not having the side boards to rush up the ice with
It was a failed experiment. To his credit he tried hard and put in the work to try to make it work, but it didn't go well. I don't recall him winning too many faceoffs and his game just wasn't geared for the center position.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Erick

He was much more productive playing wing.
I think he had his worst statistical season playing the majority of it as a center.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
It was a failed experiment. To his credit he tried hard and put in the work to try to make it work, but it didn't go well. I don't recall him winning too many faceoffs and his game just wasn't geared for the center position.
Agreed...he should stick to the wing. While he may have been a center in juniors, he only really played there for that experiment well after he was drafted. When he first got into the league, he was almost exclusively used as a RW until Deboer tried to play him at center his first yr as a coach.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 03:17 PM
FlaPanthers7

He was pretty adamant about playing wing, but he stepped into the center role due to injury and didn't cry too much (for Horton) about it. Don't play him at center is the bottom line - failed experiment.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote