Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2011 MasterCard Memorial Cup Tickets

Old
10-18-2010, 04:38 PM
majorsfan13

vCash: 500
2011 MasterCard Memorial Cup Tickets

Hey guys,

I don't know if you've heard, but the Mississauga Majors, who are hosting the Mem Cup this year, just introduced a new package for mem cup tickets. Don't have to buy seasons anymore to get tickets to the tournament.

I dealt with a gentleman by the name of Max he can be reached at:
(905) 502-7788 Ext: 249

GO MAJORS GO!!!

majorsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Otto

A poster on the Noof said that you still have to pay for 20 regular season game vouchers, is that what you are talking about? I think he said $700 or $800 per package

Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 08:31 AM
krazy kanuck

Hello,

Yes, Otto, that's the deal. They position like you're paying either $630 or $750 for your Memorial Cup tickets (the 7 games), and that you're getting the 20 Majors vouchers for free. It's quite the creative advertising.

The only positive is that you can use those vouchers for one game or twenty. So if you bought the package and were able to do like a work dinner party or something to offset the cost it may make some sense. Of course, for two Memorial Cup tickets you would have 40 of those Majors vouchers to deal with.

Max - I have to say that this feels like you are a clever Majors sales rep who has figured out a way to do some additional advertising. If that's the case, you should tell your managers to stop these cracker jack tied selling techniques. I don't see any way those of us who are season ticket holders to other teams (and perhaps most likely to purchase Memorial Cup tickets) are going to effectively buy two thirds of a season from the Majors.

Cheers,
Shawn

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 08:46 AM
Ward Cornell

If the CHL wants a sellout at the Memorial Cup maybe they could insure at least one Leaf draft pick on each team.
They probably could charge $1,500.00 per ticket also!

Ward Cornell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 09:33 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
If the CHL wants a sellout at the Memorial Cup maybe they could insure at least one Leaf draft pick on each team.
They probably could charge $1,500.00 per ticket also!

That still won't matter the marllies are one of the worst supported teams in the league.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 10:13 AM
dropthemitts73

It actually is a pretty decent deal. As a season ticket holder for the Niagara Icedogs I am going to buy the 20 Flex.

I was at the Mem Cup in Kitchener 3 years ago and bought a Mem Cup Only package and it cost me just over $500 per seat. Obviously I bought 2 tickets so it cost me just about 1200 with taxes included for the whole tournament. I would guess the Majors price when they come out with Mem Cup packages will be the same or even more.

The number cruncher that I am, I figure if I buy 2 Red level tickets (cheapest) it will cost roughly $1500 with taxes in. So if the Mem cup package price is around the same as Kitchener, I am paying an extra 300 for 40 tickets (7.50 per ticket).

Niagara plays in Mississauga 4 times so I shouldnt have any trouble using those 40 vouchers (when the Dogs are in Mississauga or another exciting OHL team ie. Kitchener).

Now when the tournament comes around with Niagara winning the OHL Championship I'll be able to see my Dogs at their old home raise the Cup!

Allan

dropthemitts73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 07:00 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropthemitts73 View Post
The number cruncher that I am, I figure if I buy 2 Red level tickets (cheapest) it will cost roughly $1500 with taxes in. So if the Mem cup package price is around the same as Kitchener, I am paying an extra 300 for 40 tickets (7.50 per ticket).
When you break it down that it doesn't sound that bad. There are two issues for me:

Value: Even at $500 per seat for the Memorial Cup only package, that seems a bit steep to me. I think my OHL finals tickets were about $30 per ticket / per game. I don't think the level of hockey at the Memorial Cup is that much better than the OHL final.

Time: I don't know how I could even contemplate going to another 20 OHL games per year. There would be conflicts with Colts games I'm sure. Even if there weren't, I would prefer to stay married (which would be a challenge if I'm at OHL games 4 nights a week and at my boys' hockey another 4 times a week). I can't even imagine 10 more regular season games by doubling up the tickets.

Cheers,
Shawn

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Elever
Hth

I dunno how much the demand will be because despite having a population bigger than even Hamilton, hockey isn't big in Mississauga and our arenas weren't close to capacity even during last year's playoff run. Don't think I'll see more than 4 games this year so will just buy single game tickets.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Otto

Sad to say it's tough enough to get fans to go to 1 game in Mississauga than it is to get them 10 5, 10 or 20.

I see what the Majors are trying to do, but people are just not that stupid, especially in thai economy. Those who live in the area and go to a few games each year may take advantage of it, but typically the Memorial Cup is not for the casual fan.

What i do see happening is scalpers taking advantage of this, because they can easily recoup the extra money they will be shelling out for these packages.

I also agree with the comment that the OP is most likely someone from the Majors Front Office

Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:10 PM
playthetrap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
I also agree with the comment that the OP is most likely someone from the Majors Front Office
Likely, I've never seen more than one or two major fans on the internet.

playthetrap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Elever
Hth

Hey! I'm a Majors fan. Tbh, I was a Spitfires fan but was forced to move away from Windsor right when the Spits started winning and moved into a new arena. Have a soft spot for them but your favourite OHL team has to be local because it's easier to follow (fav NHL team is Colorado even though I live in the GTA).

How much do you guys think that the memorial cup ticks will go for? Not the final but the round-robbinish games? Red seats are $13 right now and Gold are $16, I don't see the games that don't include Mississauga selling to even 75% capacity unless it's the final so I think tickets can still be had from the box office for cheap or something?

Btw, I've lived in Mississauga for 3+ years now and have NEVER seen a street hockey game, it's a bit pathetic.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 02:18 PM
dropthemitts73

I called today and was given a pretty good break down. Apparently you can use the tickets any way you like. Figuratively speaking I could take 20 people to 1 game or go to 20 games (not likely!) but this does not apply to the Mem cup games.

Allan

Old
10-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles View Post
I dunno how much the demand will be because despite having a population bigger than even Hamilton, hockey isn't big in Mississauga and our arenas weren't close to capacity even during last year's playoff run. Don't think I'll see more than 4 games this year so will just buy single game tickets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles View Post
Btw, I've lived in Mississauga for 3+ years now and have NEVER seen a street hockey game, it's a bit pathetic.
Not sure where you get that idea, you'll be hard pressed to find an area with more levels of hockey than the MHL, minor hockey is massive in Mississauga. OHL hockey is a different story, but saying hockey isn't big in Mississauga is hilarious.

Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 03:04 PM
pagetheaj

I wanted to go to the Mem Cup. I'm an original Majors fan from their Bathurst and St Clair days. It's too bad I'll be out of province in May.

pagetheaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 03:40 PM
dropthemitts73

Just was on the OHL site and saw the Majors released a new 6 game package for Mem Cup. Boy am I a sucker for buying the 20 game!

Allan

Old
11-24-2010, 03:47 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropthemitts73 View Post
Just was on the OHL site and saw the Majors released a new 6 game package for Mem Cup. Boy am I a sucker for buying the 20 game!

Allan
As time goes on, they'll be making it easier and easier to get tickets, I suspect.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 03:50 PM
dropthemitts73

According to a thread on the Noof. New Memorial Cup packages will available tomorrow (Jan 12th). Interesting to see if they are going to be full tournament packs or if you'll be able to choose the specific games.

Allan

Old
01-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Torts

try dealing with vahak and mike

as a majors fan

they seem to be really focused on buyers wants and are great to work with

go majors!

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Tigers1992

Prices are $450 a ticket for all the games, plus taxes and charges. Not bad, but a little high for me.

Im sure they will sell out.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote