HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Glass Seats

Old
10-13-2010, 06:40 PM
jcupp

vCash: 500
Glass Seats

I was just wondering if all seats on the glass are good or if not, which do you think are better? Of course, between the benches would be awesome!!!

jcupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Tennman

The bench seats are good but not great. I love the speed of the game from there but you miss to much of the action. Everytime there is a line change you miss everything. It is fun to do once but at $500 a ticket i wouldn't do it again. My favorite seat is in the upper deck front row which happens to be where my season tickets are.

Tennman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 06:58 PM
jlsg

If you're going to do on the glass, in the corner is the best. You can see the entire rink. When the action is on the other end it may seem far away, but it is a great view. Anywhere else and you'll have areas of the ice you can't see.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 06:59 PM
jcupp

I love my seat in the upper deck. I would like to sit on the glass at least once though.

jcupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 08:23 AM
lstcyr

Sat on the glass when the Preds came to Washington two years ago. The action is faster and you realize how big these guys are. But higher up in the lower bowl near center ice is better in my opinion. You can see everything develop and get a better sense of the strategy of the game.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:25 AM
Pattypred

I was lucky enough to be able to sit at the bench seats on February 28, 2010 when we played the Detroit Red Wings.

I can never sit there again simply because nothing can surpass the thrill, score and faces of the Wings players when the final score showed we beat them 8-0.

The DRW players looked shell shocked and all I could do was laugh.

While it cost me an arm and a leg for that seat for one night - it was well worth it.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I sat pretty near the glass (4th row) in 104 for many years. Anything on the shoot twice end on my side of the arena (camera side) was impossible to see--mainly because the penalty boxes obstruct the sightlines. On the other hand, anything down on "my" end was amazing. You could read the guys lips, and it's quite thrilling when they slam up against the boards in front of you.

I moved to a corner area up higher and while I do miss the action, I like being able to see better.

Adz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 11:11 AM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Tennman, what section are your season tickets in?

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Sat on the glass a couple years ago vs. Vancouver. I couldn't tell you what player it was, the only thing I remember about him was that he had a yellow tinted visor, anyway we were heckling him all night and at some point during the 3rd he skated by and popped his stick on the glass right in front of us. Needless to say we loved it.

Also, during some point in that game my buddy set his drink on the lip of the boards, a few mins later someone got checked right at that spot. Drink went all over him. One of the funniest things I've ever seen at a game. So, there is your tip, don't put your drink on the boards, they even have a sign that tells you not to I think.

But it really is allsum to sit on the glass. You can look into the players eyes, hear them talking, it's insane.

I think we were to the left of the benches.

Nitrous Mafia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
Sat on the glass a couple years ago vs. Vancouver. I couldn't tell you what player it was, the only thing I remember about him was that he had a yellow tinted visor, anyway we were heckling him all night and at some point during the 3rd he skated by and popped his stick on the glass right in front of us. Needless to say we loved it.

Also, during some point in that game my buddy set his drink on the lip of the boards, a few mins later someone got checked right at that spot. Drink went all over him. One of the funniest things I've ever seen at a game. So, there is your tip, don't put your drink on the boards, they even have a sign that tells you not to I think.

But it really is allsum to sit on the glass. You can look into the players eyes, hear them talking, it's insane.

I think we were to the left of the benches.
My "on the glass" story: Kimmo Timonen got called for hooking. He looked at the ref and you could clearly hear him say, "Hooking? Hooking!? That was clearly slashing."

Adz is online now   Reply With Quote