HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Where was Lombardi tonight?

Old
10-14-2010, 10:27 PM
intylerwetrust
Space Oddity

vCash: 500
Where was Lombardi tonight?

Wondering for my fantasy pool. I was expecting him to be the #1 centre, if he expected to be at some point?

intylerwetrust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:42 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Radio said he was out with a lower body injury.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 11:12 PM
jlsg

Upper is what I though he said.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 11:50 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
Upper is what I though he said.
Does it really matter? In the hockey world they mean the same thing...

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 12:12 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
TSN reported upper bpdy injury

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 07:54 AM
PerdFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by intylerwetrust View Post
Wondering for my fantasy pool. I was expecting him to be the #1 centre, if he expected to be at some point?
He has a "lower-body injury", scratched for Sergei Kostitsyn to make his debut off of IR. Listed as day to day.

PerdFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanPredBearFan View Post
He has a "lower-body injury", scratched for Sergei Kostitsyn to make his debut off of IR. Listed as day to day.
Trotz said that Lombardi has an upper body injury from getting hit in Chicago. Erat was put on IR to activate Kostitsyn and Lombardi was scratched to make room for him in the lineup last night.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 12:11 PM
predfan24

Interesting to read Josh Coopers postgame ponderings. He make some good points in analyzing just how serious Lombardi's "injury" is. Lombardi was moved to the 4th line against Chicago. You can either look at that as caused by injury or Trotz not being happy with Lombardi. One Trotz quote said "Just like any body in a new orga ni za tion, some ti mes they are red hot or some ti mes it takes them a little while. I'm not too worried about him. He's a good pro."

So is Lombardi truly hurt or did trotz bench him? Yeah Lombardi didn't look great the first game and a half but I can't see trotz not giving him more time to become acclimated than that.............

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 04:13 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Interesting to read Josh Coopers postgame ponderings. He make some good points in analyzing just how serious Lombardi's "injury" is. Lombardi was moved to the 4th line against Chicago. You can either look at that as caused by injury or Trotz not being happy with Lombardi. One Trotz quote said "Just like any body in a new orga ni za tion, some ti mes they are red hot or some ti mes it takes them a little while. I'm not too worried about him. He's a good pro."

So is Lombardi truly hurt or did trotz bench him? Yeah Lombardi didn't look great the first game and a half but I can't see trotz not giving him more time to become acclimated than that.............
Every half-ashed prospect we've had that supposedly had some offensive potential (Gamache, Peverley, Santorelli, etc) was given at least ten games in a top line slot before being wriitten off so I think it would be beyond ridiculous to take your brand new 3.5 million dollar free agent acquisition and bench him for not being with the flow after two games.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Every half-ashed prospect we've had that supposedly had some offensive potential (Gamache, Peverley, Santorelli, etc) was given at least ten games in a top line slot before being wriitten off so I think it would be beyond ridiculous to take your brand new 3.5 million dollar free agent acquisition and bench him for not being with the flow after two games.
FWIW, Santorelli has been moved down to the fourth line in Florida...

As for Lombardi, I think it was a combination of things. I think he's been banged up a little and probably got hit Wednesday night really aggreviating something. At this point I'd say the correlation between the two is that Lombardi tried to play through something and aggreviated it in Chicago leading to worsening his play and rightfully being demoted to the fourth line.

Now, just get healthy and get back. Long season ahead and Lombardi will be a big part of it!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 06:20 PM
dulzhok

I assume Lombardi will be given plenty of chances to succeed in Nashville. But if there has been an adjustment period, and he's not 100% healthy, than I'm OK with Trotz benching him. Can't dispute the offensive results thus far.

But, if we spent 11 million on this guy, he will be given his chances.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 03:30 AM
Tapp

I’m with PredsV82 - I don’t think Trotz scratched Lombardi after 2 games due to performance issues. I don’t understand why Cooper is floating the idea that Trotz was lying when he said Lombardi took a hit near the penalty box in the Chicago game and was a little banged up. (I’ve read some fans pose that possibility, but impatient fans speculating and posting it as the beat writer on the Tennessean site I think are two different things.)

Does skating one shift with Smithson/Sully (they split the shift) and Belak equate to being demoted to the fourth line? (The shift occurred at 1:59 into the 3rd period of the Chicago game).Heck, since Lombardi is generally considered 1st line and Smithson and Sully are considered to be on the 2nd and 3rd lines, instead of Lombardi being demoted, perhaps, Belak was promoted! Or perhaps Trotz was just in line swapping mode. Lombardi skated three shifts after the one with Smithson/Sully and Belak. They were with Sully and O’Reilly; Legwand and Ward; and the final shift of the game (after the Ward go ahead goal) with Legwand and Goc. There was a brief (10 sec) overlap with Belak again on one line change.

When Trotz said that Lombardi took a hit in the Chicago game and has an upper body injury, did Cooper follow up and ask him if that is why Lombardi had only 4 shifts in the 3rd period? Did he actually ask Trotz if Lombardi had his time cut and was “demoted to the fourth line” due to performance issues? Did he check to confirm that Lombardi was actually demoted to the fourth line? To me, to say he was demoted to the fourth line would imply that at some point he took Goc’s position between Belak and Tootoo and spent the rest of his shifts, or at least multiple shifts there – which didn’t happen.

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 09:52 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I'm looking at the lines and I'm really seeing a chance for Trotz to do something odd for him; stability. The top line looks like Hornqvist O'Reilly Sully or as I think it should be called the SHORe line.

The second and third lines might just be call the 'Buffet' line simply because it could be first come first served for the second and third lines. TOI's say there is a 'Character' line of Cowboy Troy (Ward), Captian Caveman (Legwand), and Scott Hamilton (Erat). With a Chateau le Bow Wow line of Dumont-Wilson-Lombardi. (I'm not saying Lombardi is in the dog house, just saying.)

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 01:07 AM
predfan24

Was told that tonight that Lombardi has the flu and that's why he has been staying away from the team.

Old
10-17-2010, 07:12 AM
Tapp

I replayed Lombardi’s shifts in the Chicago game to see if I could see a hit he took near the penalty box that could possibly be the one Trotz mentioned. On his first shift in the second period (2:02 into the period), he was bumped in the neutral zone and he and the Chicago player went tumbling to the ice and into the boards. That was Lombardi’s 8th shift. After that point, he skated 7 shifts.

Also, after reviewing the game, I want to correct a couple of things in my last post. The Lombardi shift that I listed with Sully-O’Reilly was really with Hörnqvist-O’Reilly. And Lombardi did not skate the last shift. It was Smithson, instead. I had taken my info from the TOI report for the game - so much for trusting player TOI stats. But my opinions in that last post still stand.

After reading Predfan24’s post – I hope he does have the flu instead of an injury.

Old
10-17-2010, 08:58 AM
token grinder

i thought he was nicked up in training camp. i assumed he reaggravated it

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 08:31 PM
predfan24

I think he is probably injured too but he defiently has been staying away from the team this last week due to the flu.

Old
10-18-2010, 11:24 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

According to Cooper, Lombardi has a concussion and is out the next 4 games and will be re-evaluated on Monday.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Tapp

I’m not surprised to read that Lombardi has a concussion. When he fell into the boards at the beginning of the second period of the Chicago game it looks like he went in head/shoulder first. I say “looks like” because the actual impact is low on the boards and is out of view – but certainly before he goes out of view he was going in head/shoulder first.

Old
10-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Top 6 Spaling

hmmm. We sign Lombardi to replace a concussion prone center and he gets a concussion. Horrible, but quite ironic.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote