HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RMU College Hockey Showcase

Old
10-18-2010, 07:47 PM
bwalter32

vCash: 500
RMU College Hockey Showcase

Just wondering if anyone went down to Consol for the College Hockey Showcase (Oct. 17). It was a full day of some quality college hockey. The D1 team rallied in the 3rd to beat an Air Force team that made the tournament 3 out of the last 4 years. It was my first time at the new arena so it was cool to check everything out at a more low key game. I was working the event and got the opportunity to see a lot of the behind the scenes areas of Consol which was very cool. Met Dan Bylsma when I was checking credentials a long with Mark Madden and Mike Prisuta. Anyone else attend?

bwalter32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 08:00 PM

I missed it by a week but would loved to have seen it. It seems like they've got a great program going on.

Nice school too. I brought my sister out to take the tour but their 11'-12' softball team is set.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 08:07 PM
bwalter32

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
I missed it by a week but would loved to have seen it. It seems like they've got a great program going on.

Nice school too. I brought my sister out to take the tour but their 11'-12' softball team is set.
Ya, the Athletic Department has really put an emphasis on recruiting and improving the quality of the teams in the last couple of years and its really starting to show in the basketball, hockey, and football teams. The hockey team is now 4-0, beating Ohio State on Friday, and is receiving votes for the national rankings, although they're only receiving marginal consideration, it's still pretty good news for them.

Old
10-18-2010, 08:11 PM
invictus

Sounds pretty cool. Any success that helps grow the game outside of its most traditional areas is something to be happy about.

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 08:11 PM
bwalter32

There's a double header at Consol on December 30th. RMU is playing RIT and WBS is playing Hershey afterwards as part of the pre-Winter Classic festivities. Tickets are like 10 bucks I believe.