HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

IS Lundqvist hated by his teammates ??????

Old
10-19-2010, 03:17 AM
Ribban

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RothmanHockey View Post
No. He's beloved by his teammates, they respect him and are awed by the work he does every game. They look up to him as well. If goalies were allowed out of the crease, he'd have a letter on his jersey. He's easily one of the leaders of the team.
It's time to trade him for sure!
Send him to the Canucks, and get Luongo + Bieksa + a puck bag.
Having Henrik slow this team down makes no sense!

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 04:18 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

I won't discuss about the "he's far from great" argument, but I was a bit upset during the game when I saw no Ranger reacting after Lundqvist was pushed the second time (the first was accidental).

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 05:25 AM
IHCWS

if u drive in the goalie from the other team u will get punished but since Torts is the coach here we are a soft girlie team...its a shame!!!!!!!!!

IHCWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 05:46 AM
WishYouWereHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHCWS View Post
if u drive in the goalie from the other team u will get punished but since Torts is the coach here we are a soft girlie team...its a shame!!!!!!!!!
Part of it is the NHL:s fault. Just look at the Islanders vs Pittsburgh game. The referees should be given more liberty to punish ppl who goes after the goalies. Now the players who stands up against running the goalie often results in an 4 on 4 instead of a 5-4 for protecting the goalie.

I would too (or is it to?) some degree also fault the coaches, many prefer a pp over standing your ground. Imho itīs better to stand up than a pp, maybe not everytime but aleast often.

WishYouWereHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 05:49 AM
IHCWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishYouWereHere View Post
I would too (or is it to?) some degree also fault the coaches, many prefer a pp over standing your ground. Imho itīs better to stand up than a pp, maybe not everytime but aleast often.

Right, u have to send a message to the other team, if u dont the will run over your goalie all the time!!!

IHCWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 06:32 AM
DutchShamrock

Oh great, more of this passive aggressive garbage. A new season already? "Far from great", "Keeps them in games even when he gives up 1 soft goal a game" Nice.

Hey, why do you think they hate Gaborik? I mean, no one other than Avery has ever retaliated when he gets messed with. Last year with Carcillo, Avery was the only guy to answer the bell. This year, Avery challeneged Armstrong after the hit from behind. Do you guys think they hate Gaborik?

Hell, do you guys think they hate each other, because I can probably count on one hand the number of times this group has defended each other. Maybe it's because they are afraid of penalties. Maybe it's because they're afraid to fight. It's something besides a theory that they want a top 5 goalie to get hurt because of their personal feelings.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 06:38 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I personally don't think he's better than Richter if Rickey could have stayed healthy. He's no Hasek or Roy, that's for sure but he sure as hell is a top 5 keeper since his rookie year. I love the dude but you guys are just jumping on Dagoon for no other reason.
Backhanded compliments, dude. We all love Richter, but if anyone was more apt to a soft goal it was Richter. That guy should have the franchise mark in shutouts but his penchant for letting 1 softie per game kept his shut out totals frighteningly low. When Richter had this level of competition in front of him, he put up mediocre numbers. When he had world class talent in front of him, he put up amazing numbers. He bailed a ton of teams out of games they shouldn't have won, but we're getting to the point where Lundqvist will have as many great seasons as Richter.

Hey, didn't Richter get a concussion from Marchant's knee in his own crease? Who fought Marchant for that? Anyone know why the Rangers hated Richter?

Old
10-19-2010, 06:47 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHCWS View Post
This has been a problem since Renney, comments like this do nothing to further the conversation.

Why? I say it's a culture thing. It really hasn't been the Rangers' nature for a long time to defend each other or act like a cohesive unit. Sure there have been responses for obvious things, but you watch other teams consistently and you will see responses for accidents, for mistakes, for petty incidents. Vancouver will fight you for standing too close to Luongo. Most teams walk around with an edge and a paraniod thought they everyone wants to hurt their star players. We walk around with an attitude that they're all good chaps and we're sure the 4th hit on Lundqvist was an accident.

The constant cycling of teammates probably doesn't help either. When Dan Girardi is one of your most tenured players, you're not going to have deep friendships or loyalty. We have a new set of players every year, a new core every three years. I'm sure this contributes. Change the culture with a few nasty players that actually play and maintain your core.

Old
10-19-2010, 07:18 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
This has been a problem since Renney, comments like this do nothing to further the conversation.

Why? I say it's a culture thing. It really hasn't been the Rangers' nature for a long time to defend each other or act like a cohesive unit. Sure there have been responses for obvious things, but you watch other teams consistently and you will see responses for accidents, for mistakes, for petty incidents. Vancouver will fight you for standing too close to Luongo. Most teams walk around with an edge and a paraniod thought they everyone wants to hurt their star players. We walk around with an attitude that they're all good chaps and we're sure the 4th hit on Lundqvist was an accident.

The constant cycling of teammates probably doesn't help either. When Dan Girardi is one of your most tenured players, you're not going to have deep friendships or loyalty. We have a new set of players every year, a new core every three years. I'm sure this contributes. Change the culture with a few nasty players that actually play and maintain your core.
A lot of teams think it's a requirement to have at least one big palooka who will drop the gloves in their top 6 forwards. A lot of teams are quite content with big palookas and/or aggressive players on their bottom lines and not that worried about how many goals they're putting up as long as they make some kind of contribution. Most teams have at least two guys on their defense who consistently game in and game out turn the areas of the corners in their own end and the area in front of their own net into a war zone.

The Rangers have some guys that play physical but the dominant mindset throughout the team is that they can be pushed around. The Rangers with the exception of Avery don't initiate very much. They either react or don't react when something happens to them andTortorella doesn't always seem to like them reacting when the other team is getting a penalty.

The Rangers spent a lot of money on Boogaard and whether he sucks or not as a player--they've got to give him some time to do some running around. I agree he's not going to catch up with guys like Kessel very easily but even so...

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Twist and Shout

Henke might be the best goalie in the league ... Why is it that some Ranger fans think less of him? Good but not elite? That's a good one.

Twist and Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 07:47 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

This team lacks unity and has for just way too long.

If someone has their way with Lundqvist and Gaborik, their teammates just stand around and do nothing. Its an absolute disgrace.

Theres just no fight in this team, and when you have a team like the Flyers in your Division, it isn't going to lead to good things.

And how about these goals right in front of Henke? Can someone knock him on his a** please?!?!?!??!?!?!?

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Blueblood 2

Half a dozen games is no time to look for identity change in this day of thirty percent turnover every year. Our core players do have an identity and it is weak, individual, scared play. Those who claim we have no identity just don't like the one we have!

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 08:04 AM
patnyrnyg

Dagoon, I am with you. Great or not is subjective based on your criteria for great. I do however, feel he is very overrated by Rangers fans and the Ranger propaganda machine. Even said that to reps from the season ticket department when I was speaking with them at the Steiner Hockey fest last month.

Whether they hate him or not, not sure. I think they are just soft and like a bunch of people have said are afraid of retalitory penalties. However, if I am Torts and Henrik is being run, I am not telling my dmen to knock those opponent down. I am telling my bigger forwards to crash the opposing goalie and crash him hard. THAT would send a better message.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 08:15 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
He got bumped into ONCE last night by Quincey and the puck was loose. Give me a break.

Girardi lost an edge and Del Zotto went after Galiardi as if he tried to kill him.

This team doesn't lack unity. It lacks scoring depth and aptitude on defense.

Go watch Shane Doan destroy Cam Fowler and Sexton in the same game. He got suspended for 3 games for the hit on Sexton. Not one duck even looked at him the wrong way after those hits. The Ducks won. I hardly consider the Ducks a soft team either. I hardly consider them a team that lacks unity or leadership. This is just the new NHL. The quicker you realize that the quicker we can stop having these stupid recycled discussions.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 08:20 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood 2 View Post
Half a dozen games is no time to look for identity change in this day of thirty percent turnover every year. Our core players do have an identity and it is weak, individual, scared play. Those who claim we have no identity just don't like the one we have!
Who exactly do you consider our core players? I consider them Staal, Del Zotto, Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Gaborik, Lundqvist and maybe as we go along in the season Avery, Frolov and/or Stepan.

None of those players are players I consider weak, selfish or scared.

Old
10-19-2010, 08:20 AM
jreach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I didn't see Henke get run tonight.. One of our defenseman dove and made contact with the Avs player as he's driving to the net and that's why he went sliding into Lundqvist... What's the big deal?
While we have all seen Hank get run in the past and the rangers unwillingness to stick up for him, this is 100% true. Watch the replay, the Avs player was not going after Lundqvist.

jreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Garv23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
He got bumped into ONCE last night by Quincey and the puck was loose. Give me a break.
hahaha this is what I saw too. Unless you folks here consider Eminger taking a guy down who proceeds to slide into Hank 'running' him. I hate that we're soft too, but let's not start imagining things. Some of you kids need to slowly back away from the laptops

Hank is a top 5 goalie in the NHL. Whether you like him or not, this is a fact.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Levitate

What soft goals did he give up last night? There was one great deflection, and two goals from guys left alone right in front of the net.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 08:44 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subway Schenn View Post
Henke might be the best goalie in the league ... Why is it that some Ranger fans think less of him? Good but not elite? That's a good one.
This. (Since lockout, it's been Hank or Miller as 'best in show', depends on the day?)

..and what Levitate said.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 08:47 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Another reason VTank should be up. The kid protected the crease almost at every stoppage during preseason.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 08:47 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Why do u think I hate him? I never said I did. Just cause I fail to think he is elite doesn't mean I hate him. I made money with him and a lot of money for him. I have nothing personal against him either. He gives up a lot of weak goals and trust me he stops a lot. I am even getting worked up over torts allowing the bumping. MDZ jumped someone finally tonight and stood up for his team but not Hank why??

Your post history speaks volumes to what you think of Lundqvist, even when you try and show that you are not slagging him you complement him and add little back handed digs. quite frankly its pathetic.

I for one would love to see what the results would be if Henrik was traded because the way this franchise is run we dont deserve to have a goalie like him wasting his best years here. I think it would take something like that for someone like you to wake up to what he actually means to this team.

The thread title it's self is just stupid, So because we have a soft team that holds nobody accountable for their actions it might mean they hate our goalie? for **** sake. As Jonathan says many teams are now like this, its the way the game is going, do i like it? hell no but we are far from the only team who let it happen.

As for Torts i am with you there, he is really beginning to rub me the wrong way, some of his decision are borderline stupid and he just doesn't seem to react to anything that happens in the game.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 08:48 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
This. (Since lockout, it's been Hank or Miller as 'best in show', depends on the day?)

..and what Levitate said.
I don't disagree that Lundqivst is a top netminder but it has not been Hank or Miller as "best in show" since the lockout. Miller didn't break out until last season and his name wasn't really in the running for top 5 netminders prior to, and there have definitely been other names that are arguably better than both, at least on a season by season basis.

Old
10-19-2010, 08:52 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
The Rangers don't stand up for Gaborik either, so I guess they hate him too.

Lundqvist is the one who should hate his teammates. Year after year, they rely on him to bail them out. He has faced an average of 35 shots per game so far this season. He deserves better.
yep...as much as it pains me to say, NYR should have a heart and trade the poor guy. theres no reason why such a great talent should waste his prime years with this team toiling in mediocrity at best. He definately deserves better.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 09:04 AM
alkurtz

Imagine if Hank ever played for a top echelon, defensive oriented team. His numbers (GAA, shutouts, save %) would be off the charts.

I've been a Ranger fan for 50 years and seen all of our great goalies: Gumper, Eddie Giacomin, JD, Beezer, Richter......Henrik's as good as any of them. Think of Henrik with Leetch, Lowe, Beuk, and the rest in front of him. Think of him playing for the Devils during the peak defense first years, or the Wings during the last decade.

Yes, there are times he seems to lose a bit of concentration but that is because he is ultra competitive but playing for a frustrating team that repeatedly lets him down. He takes on all the responsibility....something it would be impossible for anyone to handle night after night without a slip up here and there.

For anyone to put any blame on him and not realize how great he is, is simply out of his mind.

alkurtz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Balej20*

The way Del Zotto responded to Girardi getting boarded is the way I'd like to see every Ranger respond if any of their teammates are cheap shot. ESPECIALLY the best player on the team (Lundqvist) or the best skater on the team (Gaborik).

This team is the saddest excuse of men I've ever seen.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote