HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

IS Lundqvist hated by his teammates ??????

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-19-2010, 09:07 AM
  #51
dynamoovechkin
Registered User
 
dynamoovechkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Quote:
This team doesn't lack unity. It lacks scoring depth and aptitude on defense.
Truer words were never spoken.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 10:03 AM
  #52
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,976
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
My answer to the whole situation.

Hank needs to stick up for himself a little bit more. Get friggin mad when these guys bowl over you. You have on heavy glove and waffle and a nasty hard cage and you have a guy laying under you. BASH HIM. Shove his face in the ice. Get all Billy Smith on him. Maybe the team will see that and take the lead.

Leaders need to lead and right now Hank is the official leader of this team, even when Drury comes back I still think that is true. The word is out now that yes the Rangers have a good goalie but he can get rattled by knocking him around a bit and the Rangers won't do much about it. Who can blames other teams for doing it untill the Rangers find a way to stop it?

In the end Hank get mad. Drop the pretty boy image and get friggin mad and nasty to make it stop. I promise the boys will get the message and follow your lead.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 10:16 AM
  #53
pwoz
Registered User
 
pwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,328
vCash: 500
Hank needs to trade in his Armani suit for goalie equipment.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 10:18 AM
  #54
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 12,416
vCash: 500
Hanks gotten mad in the past to little or no effect I'd rather our elite goaltender not have to defend himself like that. He needs to demand a trade to Tampa that team wins with Ellis and Smith letting in 4 goals a game . Honestly though how long until he says enough is enough?

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 10:28 AM
  #55
Glen Teflon Sather
With an iron fist
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,495
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I'm waiting for him to pull a Patrick Roy and just skate off and say **** this I want out.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 10:29 AM
  #56
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 15,233
vCash: 500
.

I don't get it either.

There has to be some mandate from League to Ownership to GM to Coach to Players that directs them not to engage in any form of retalitation.

Why? I have no idea.

The whole idea that "We'll get'em back on the scoreboard" is and has always been such BS.

If they run Hank, we should run their goalie. Like last night, we should have run Anderson 2-3 times last night after Hank got run. Why go after the guy that did it? Go after their goalie.

If they take liberties with Gabby, we should take liberties on their best players. Not on the guy that hurt Gabby.

For instance, Colby Armstrong should not be the target next time we play Toronto. Avery should focus on hurting Kessel.

If they goon it up, we should also goon it up.

I get the sense that the Rangers play the game with the "we are better than that" mentality and it's in that arrogance that will prevent them from ever icing a team that is capable of imposing it's will on opposing teams.

The mindset that "we are better than that" is arrogant and completely wrong, cause the Rangers are not better than that. Just because they play in the biggest market doesn't mean that they have to be pansies about it.

grrr.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 10:33 AM
  #57
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,828
vCash: 500
The team BARELY stands up for each other.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 10:35 AM
  #58
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
I'm waiting for him to pull a Patrick Roy and just skate off and say **** this I want out.
I'm waiting for that too. After he gave up those goals in 26 seconds, I said to myself "Watch him skate off right now". It still amazes me after all these years having him, we yet to have an intimitating clear the crease defense that backs him up.


Last edited by Florida Ranger: 10-19-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 10:37 AM
  #59
RangersDif
Registered User
 
RangersDif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
My answer to the whole situation.

Hank needs to stick up for himself a little bit more. Get friggin mad when these guys bowl over you.
This is my opinion too... Sure, the defence doesn't help him much when he gets run over but he needs to start standing up for himself more too. Drop the pretty boy image like somebody said. I live in Sweden, and when I saw him in Frölunda it was pretty much the same there, except that the defence stuck up for him... Btw, why does everyone call him "Hank"? I'm new here, and I was just wondering, cause here in Sweden we call him "Henke" or "Lunkan". Is "Hank" a misshearing of "Henke"?

RangersDif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 10:41 AM
  #60
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 12,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I'm waiting for that too. After he gave up those goals in 26 seconds, I was said to myself "Watch him skate off right now". It still amazes me after all these years having him, we yet to have an intimitating clear the crease defense that backs him up.
It certainly feels like it's getting to that point I've thought it for awhile. I know it's ****** but it's something I would do if I was in that situation. It's frankly quite embarrassing he gets no help and is the only reason games are usually close.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:03 AM
  #61
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
what teammates?

looks to me like Henrik is pretty much on his own out there.
A-FRIKEN-MEN to that.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:10 AM
  #62
Blazephr
Registered User
 
Blazephr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vermont - NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
After this season, I certainly wouldn't be shocked if Hank demands a trade. If I were him, I wouldn't want to waste my prime years with this team either.


I can't believe Sather wasted another 10 years of my NYR fandom with this garbage he calls a team each and every year. He should have stuck with the complete re-build just before the lock-out. He basically did a half-ass rebuild rather than fully commit like other teams have done. The Ranger organization as a whole would have been in much better shape and making its money had they done it right in the first place. Instead, he got side-tracked with Jagr coming to NY and playing his ass off. Then having a franchise goalie in Hank steered us of course even further from doing a proper rebuild. Hank, now in his 6th year with the team, could have been surrounded with young elite talent by now. Now they're not even selling-out the home games. Its royally pissing me off to see teams like the Islanders starting to reap the benefits of a rebuild that only went into effect 3 years ago. Look at how fast Colorado turned it around!!!


Last edited by Blazephr: 10-19-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:12 AM
  #63
Loffen
Legend
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 16,689
vCash: 500
Hank = Cancer


Yeeeeeeeeeah. Uh. Right.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:15 AM
  #64
GarretJoseph
Registered User
 
GarretJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Backhanded compliments, dude. We all love Richter, but if anyone was more apt to a soft goal it was Richter. That guy should have the franchise mark in shutouts but his penchant for letting 1 softie per game kept his shut out totals frighteningly low. When Richter had this level of competition in front of him, he put up mediocre numbers. When he had world class talent in front of him, he put up amazing numbers. He bailed a ton of teams out of games they shouldn't have won, but we're getting to the point where Lundqvist will have as many great seasons as Richter.

Hey, didn't Richter get a concussion from Marchant's knee in his own crease? Who fought Marchant for that? Anyone know why the Rangers hated Richter?

Stanley Cup rings.

Richter 1
Hanks 0

I'd pick Mike Richter over Hanks every day of the week. I don't care what anybody says, during his prime, Richter was one of the best keepers I ever saw, before he injured his knees that boy could split from post to post and stop everything.

As for soft goals? Your taking a jib at Richter yet defending Hanks? Lundqvist lets in quite a few soft goals too my friend.

Watch this again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSF3s1idqyc

When Hanks delivers a cup, I'll listen. And Adam Graves, Jeff Beukeboom, Ulfie, Messier all stood up for Richter on many occasions.

BTW, if anybody remembers Brett Lindros steam rolling Richter, you'll remember the response and then Kocur went after him and fought him.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:15 AM
  #65
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
This is just the new NHL. The quicker you realize that the quicker we can stop having these stupid recycled discussions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
Another reason VTank should be up. The kid protected the crease almost at every stoppage during preseason.
That justification for being soft how exactly?

I think everyone understands the way the league works now. You make it sounds like other teams never stand up for their players. You think the Ducks aren't going to remember what happened? Just because they didn't take retribution there doesn't mean they won't.

With the Rangers, nothing ever comes of it. Ever.

If Torts isn't going to play Boogaard ever, then why is he not sent out to wreak havoc and send a message? If he gets suspended, what's the loss? He won't get to play his 2 minutes a night?

The fact that this guy was brought in to do a job that the General Manager of this team was smart enough to realize needed to be done, and we have a coach who is embarrassing himself night after night by continuing to play him and not utilize him is just a joke.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
Your post history speaks volumes to what you think of Lundqvist, even when you try and show that you are not slagging him you complement him and add little back handed digs. quite frankly its pathetic.

I for one would love to see what the results would be if Henrik was traded because the way this franchise is run we dont deserve to have a goalie like him wasting his best years here. I think it would take something like that for someone like you to wake up to what he actually means to this team.

The thread title it's self is just stupid, So because we have a soft team that holds nobody accountable for their actions it might mean they hate our goalie? for **** sake. As Jonathan says many teams are now like this, its the way the game is going, do i like it? hell no but we are far from the only team who let it happen.

As for Torts i am with you there, he is really beginning to rub me the wrong way, some of his decision are borderline stupid and he just doesn't seem to react to anything that happens in the game.

It's called hyperbole. Instead of getting caught up in the "do they hate Hank?" consider what the topic is really about.

It's pretty spot on. Whether you guys like Dagoon or not.

And who cares what Dagoon thinks of Lundqvist? Why does everyone care so much that someone has a different opinion?

How does that change what this thread is supposed to be about?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
The way Del Zotto responded to Girardi getting boarded is the way I'd like to see every Ranger respond if any of their teammates are cheap shot. ESPECIALLY the best player on the team (Lundqvist) or the best skater on the team (Gaborik).

This team is the saddest excuse of men I've ever seen.

It would be nice if Del Zotto or even Avery with Armstrong would've actually done something though.

At that point they both have to know they're getting penalties. Just start throwing haymakers.

You're not sending any message by dropping your gloves and grabbing a guys jersey and then doing nothing until the referees come and seperate you.

Cheap to hit a guy who doesn't want to fight back? Maybe. But he knows you're about to slug him, and if he doesn't want to defend himself that's his problem. In situations like that those players deserve the beating they're about to take.

If we're going to get penalized for it, we might as well ACTUALLY send the message.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:16 AM
  #66
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,055
vCash: 500
If I were him I would ask to be traded.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:20 AM
  #67
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by qwertyaas
Another reason VTank should be up. The kid protected the crease almost at every stoppage during preseason.


Agreed on this. Watching him in Detroit on that penalty kill..I don't remember who it was, Holmstrom or someone, and V-Tank was just blasting him when he was standing in front of the net.

I was shocked watching it. I thought, "there's no way someone in a Rangers sweater playing defense is doing that right now."

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:24 AM
  #68
Fitzy
Relative to what?
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,199
vCash: 50
You're right. We should trade him.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:28 AM
  #69
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
You're right. We should trade him.
Who is saying this?

Cause it's definitely not being said in the OP.

I just don't understand why because people can't stand the fact that Dagoon has a different opinion of the guy, they can't actually comment on what the post is about.

I think Hank is the best in the game, and even I could look past Dagoon's comments on him and comprehend what this thread was about.

It has nothing to do with trading Lundqvist.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:28 AM
  #70
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Originally Posted by qwertyaas
Another reason VTank should be up. The kid protected the crease almost at every stoppage during preseason.


Agreed on this. Watching him in Detroit on that penalty kill..I don't remember who it was, Holmstrom or someone, and V-Tank was just blasting him when he was standing in front of the net.

I was shocked watching it. I thought, "there's no way someone in a Rangers sweater playing defense is doing that right now."
This is a HUGE reason why I want him on the team. NO ONE else on our defense is like this. Totally unacceptable.

He has a hell of a shot too. BRING UP VALENTENKO.

Oh yeah, get rid of Eminger, Gilroy and Roszival as well.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:32 AM
  #71
Fitzy
Relative to what?
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,199
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Who is saying this?

Cause it's definitely not being said in the OP.

I just don't understand why because people can't stand the fact that Dagoon has a different opinion of the guy, they can't actually comment on what the post is about.

I think Hank is the best in the game, and even I could look past Dagoon's comments on him and comprehend what this thread was about.

It has nothing to do with trading Lundqvist.
Im fine with his differing opinion. I sometimes agree with Dag, though not often.

It is the constant stream of posts that are intended to rile people up. If I made a post with any kind of argument about Avery being a detriment to the team, it wouldn't surprise me if people got pissed because when Avery is focused, he is a good hockey player and an asset to the team.

Opinions are great. But this is more of a plea for attention.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:35 AM
  #72
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,314
vCash: 500
Awards:
No, that's a ridiculous suggestion.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:44 AM
  #73
Ribban
Registered User
 
Ribban's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: USA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
My answer to the whole situation.

Hank needs to stick up for himself a little bit more. Get friggin mad when these guys bowl over you. You have on heavy glove and waffle and a nasty hard cage and you have a guy laying under you. BASH HIM. Shove his face in the ice. Get all Billy Smith on him. Maybe the team will see that and take the lead.

Leaders need to lead and right now Hank is the official leader of this team, even when Drury comes back I still think that is true. The word is out now that yes the Rangers have a good goalie but he can get rattled by knocking him around a bit and the Rangers won't do much about it. Who can blames other teams for doing it untill the Rangers find a way to stop it?

In the end Hank get mad. Drop the pretty boy image and get friggin mad and nasty to make it stop. I promise the boys will get the message and follow your lead.

Have you ever been a goalie?... or played hockey for that matter?
You run the goalie to "get in his kitchen," as you say here. YOU WANT THE GUY TO RETALIATE. You want him to focus on the guy coming at him or laying around him.
Great things are bound to happen:

1. He keeps looking for the guys around him, loses focus on the shooter and let's one by him (you might not understand how fast these pucks come off the players' sticks)

2. He loses focus and leaves fat rebounds!!! YUM!

3. He starts picking up crazy penalties that will cement the team in their own zone on PK after PK -> Just what the doctor ordered for the Rangers!!!

I can make the list longer, but seemingly you have no clue of what life between the pipes is like or how the game works, so it's probably of waste of time and typing.

Let's put it in the simplest form possible.

The Rangers' problem isn't the # of goals they let in; IT'S THE FREAKIN LACK OF OFFENSIVE PUNCH. Picking up more penalties to prove oneself or stand up for whatever isn't going to result in anything but more PK's, which isn't going to help the NYR offense. What do you think the other team will do once they see that the get a rise out of the NYR, or Henke, by running him? Quit running him?!?!

If you think that some cheap slash or scrum is going to make a guy whose willing to cut his own head off to avoid the minors, stop running the goalie, you also prove that you don't understand much about these guys, life in the NHL, and what they are willing to do to stay on their big teams. Only penalties and his coach's directives will stop a guy from running a goalie.

This ain't your buddy's beer league where you pay and play.


Last edited by Ribban: 10-19-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 12:26 PM
  #74
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I don't disagree that Lundqivst is a top netminder but it has not been Hank or Miller as "best in show" since the lockout. Miller didn't break out until last season and his name wasn't really in the running for top 5 netminders prior to, and there have definitely been other names that are arguably better than both, at least on a season by season basis.
Miller's been good since the lockout. Not top five all of those years, but the last 2 or 3 seasons he has been in the conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Stanley Cup rings.

Richter 1
Hanks 0

I'd pick Mike Richter over Hanks every day of the week. I don't care what anybody says, during his prime, Richter was one of the best keepers I ever saw, before he injured his knees that boy could split from post to post and stop everything.

As for soft goals? Your taking a jib at Richter yet defending Hanks? Lundqvist lets in quite a few soft goals too my friend.

Watch this again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSF3s1idqyc

When Hanks delivers a cup, I'll listen. And Adam Graves, Jeff Beukeboom, Ulfie, Messier all stood up for Richter on many occasions.

BTW, if anybody remembers Brett Lindros steam rolling Richter, you'll remember the response and then Kocur went after him and fought him.
Is Lunqvist done playing? Save the championship comparisions until the career is over.

You clearly missed the point of my post. Dagoon worships Richter yet thoroughly trashes Lundqvist for 'soft goals'. I am merely pointing out the fact that Richter was a victim of more than an occasional soft goal. No one loved Richter more than me, I died a little inside everytime he lost a shutout in the 3rd period on a garbage goal. I didn't want to admit that he let in softies while sprawling and diving to save the impossible. It's just a fact and the way his career went. Right now, Richter is the best in NYR history, but Henrik is fast approaching.

You misunderstand my question about guys likeing Richter too. Everyone liked him, but if we're going to measure a player's likability by the defense he receives, let's look at the facts. I use Richter to disprove that notion. No one protected him on the play that ended his career, of course his teammates loved him though. This is a silly topic (the likability stuff).

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 12:41 PM
  #75
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue35 View Post
Could it possible have something to do with Torts? I say this because in the years Renney era, I can't remember (off the top of my head) any occasions where the players either didn't stand up for one another or Lundqvist was run into like he has been.
Absolutely. Everything that happens on the ice is what coach wants. They play the way he wants, they do a dirty things if he hints that to them, they fight if he wants them to or don't if if he doesn't. Sure there is a room for personal initiative, but the tone is set by the bench. it doesn't matter whether you like a particular guy or not, goalie or not, on your team or the other. If your coach says that someone has to pay for his deeds it will be done.

So is it Torts that does not protect Hank? Not exactly, because anyone who played will tell you that it is Ds job to protect their G. The only F that can get involved is centre. Do we have anyone there to let the opposition know they aren't getting free ride? Nope. We've got no men playing back, only kids, except for Rozy who no one can blame for being passive. He is part of every scram in front of the net after the whistle. They run Hank when Rozy is off the ice, though. I am sure their bench told them so.

As for Renney era, Tom had more men at blue line than Torts.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.