HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders signed C Kevin Colley

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2004, 05:30 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Islanders signed C Kevin Colley

Islanders sign Kevin Colley..(NYI.com)

http://www.newyorkislanders.com/news/colley061004.html

ISLANDERS SIGN COLLEY
Popular Sound Tiger Receives One-Year Deal

"Kevin earned this contract by giving his all night after night last season with the Sound Tigers," said Islanders general manager Mike Milbury. "He gives the level of effort coaches dream of having from all of their players. He's a candidate to play for the Islanders next season."

"I'm very happy for Kevin that he earned a contract from the Islanders," said Bridgeport coach Greg Cronin. "Because of his hard work, he improves every day as a player. At only 25 years old, his game still has another level."

Wow I remember when he played for the wolfpack in 99-00 season as a 20 year old, I was hoping the Rangers would sign him, now I was prolly the only one but it makes me more mad that the Islanders signed him a few years later. Point being you gotta have paitence with young players. He just played only 5 games with wolfpack but was scoreless. If he makes the Islanders, then id really be mad. I think he can be a PJ Stock player or Mike Danton type of player. I wonder why Rangers did not sign him when we had the chance. If he makes it then great, if not, so what, hed be great for depth.

Old
06-10-2004, 05:34 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
I just don't see this as a big deal. I think we have better players who play a simliar role. If he does make the Islander he will see limited minutes on the 4th line. I don't think this a big deal.

Old
06-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
or Mike Danton type of player.
too bad, that would've been sweet to have a teammate to goto in case you need to arrange for your agent to be murdered.

Old
06-10-2004, 05:47 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
I just don't see this as a big deal. I think we have better players who play a simliar role. If he does make the Islander he will see limited minutes on the 4th line. I don't think this a big deal.
Right. No big deal at all, i'd rather have Hollweg who is 4 years younger. How many of these types can 1 team have?

Ortmeyer41: We have Colley, his name is Ryan Cuthbert...I thought you were a big fan of his?

Old
06-11-2004, 01:02 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Im saying though, I like Cuthbert. I hope he makes the Rangers in the future but all im saying though is if we had patience with Colley when we had him, maybe we can have an NHL player now. We need to wait for this rebuild to work.

Old
06-11-2004, 07:26 AM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Im saying though, I like Cuthbert. I hope he makes the Rangers in the future but all im saying though is if we had patience with Colley when we had him, maybe we can have an NHL player now. We need to wait for this rebuild to work.
I think your making a point with the wrong player. Perhaps an example of Marc Savard or something would have been better in regards to patients, even Lundmark, but Colley is hardly a decent example for patience, because basically what your saying is "if we waited he might have filled the 4th line, a spot that we have 8 or 9 guys competing for next year" lol, sorry but your point really has no point lol

Old
06-11-2004, 09:44 AM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
What's with everybody having such a ****** for these career minor leaguers??

This guy will never make an impact the NHL. Guys like him are waiver-fodder year after year. Certainly nothing to get worked up about. Big deal if he's an Islander, you think by adding him to the lineup the Islanders will actually be able to beat us during the regular season next year?

Old
06-11-2004, 01:04 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
What's with everybody having such a ****** for these career minor leaguers??

This guy will never make an impact the NHL. Guys like him are waiver-fodder year after year. Certainly nothing to get worked up about. Big deal if he's an Islander, you think by adding him to the lineup the Islanders will actually be able to beat us during the regular season next year?
It's certainly not everyone...there are only a few that love waiver fodder

ummmm..waiver fodder

Old
06-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train
It's certainly not everyone...there are only a few that love waiver fodder

ummmm..waiver fodder
Colley was too green when he was with Hartford....Mmmmmm Colley greens........

Closed Thread