HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

The Hockey Noob Chronicles

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2010, 10:04 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

vCash: 500
Great thread. Read every post.

Well to start, im young. I was born a few months before the Coyotes moves to town. When I was really little, I would watch the Coyotes on TV and would always want to be like Teppo Numminen. I rember on christmas when I was about 4, My parrents got me my first stick, a helmet, a Tkachuck jersey, and a puck.

When Coyotes games were on, I would do whatever Teppo would do. If he shot, I would shoot my puck. He passed, I would pass it to my dad.

So I always wanted to play hockey. My parrents would never let me play. They bought me roller skates, and I would skate around with that same stick and a tennis ball and me and a few friends would play 2v2 hockey. I never Ice skated untill I was in 5th grade.

In 5th grade, one of my friends had his birthday at the Ice Den in Phoenix. I was hooked.

So the summer between 6th and 7th grade I was sitting playing NHL 06. My dad goes "Hey, for your birthday this month, do you want to get a Xbox?" "Yea!" I replied. Then he said "Or play hockey?"

Obviously I picked hockey.

So a month later, I started a learn to play hockey class. I was the best one in there, best skater (Roller blades for like 10+ years) and shooter/ Puck handler (garage hockey ) and Got out of that class about 8 months later.

Then I did a 3v3 league, and learned a slap shot.

Now im in a House league, at the Ice Den. Im one of the best kids in that league, and my life IS hockey. I practice skating/shooting/Puck-handling every day. Im on HF every day. I play NHL 10 a few times a week. I watch every Coyotes games and as much hockey as possible.

Hockey is addicting!!

Thanks for reading all this. Have a good one.

Old
11-12-2010, 12:59 PM
beth

PhXcoyotes ~ That is a great story! And good for you for choosing hockey over an xbox - a lot of kids wouldn't!

Old
11-12-2010, 03:37 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 748
Cool thread idea! I really want to get back into hockey, but I'm hesitant because of past experiences. I started playing when I was 12 years old on defense and I was a HORRIBLE skater, it has always been my problem. I switched to goalie the next year and played that for a few seasons and had some success because i've always had great reflexes. Im now 20 and want to play again, but I really want to play forward or defense but I'm worried about my skating. Puck handling and shooting has never been a problem for me, I usually play extremely well in ball hockey, but I know my success will ultimately come down to my skating. For some reason skating just never came easy to me and I doubt it will change now. The last time I was on skates I was 5'4 and now i'm 6'3 so that would probably make it even harder to start up skating again. Any advice?

Old
11-12-2010, 05:16 PM
beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
The last time I was on skates I was 5'4 and now i'm 6'3 so that would probably make it even harder to start up skating again. Any advice?
Just do it!! The advantage you'll have as an adult is in better analyzing what you're doing and being able to take advice from the experts and being motivated to spend time on the things that might be harder for you, rather than avoid them like a kid might. Don't expect too much out of yourself too fast, though, it might be a year or more of skating regularly before you're truly comfortable. Just be happy with the small amount of progress you'll see each week or so, even if you're not flying down the ice yet. It'll come! And nobody gets better at skating by not skating.

Old
11-14-2010, 12:21 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 2466
update on the psycho church league:

Game on Friday we lost our goaltender during the game in the middle of the 2nd because he was crashed hard by the other team and had a neck injury. At that point we where tied 3-3 and that is where the game ended. As well the offending player was ejected from a game that ended big punishment eh.

We are an older team in terms of age and have been playing very clean games as well as turning the other cheek when we are fouled. Well that all ends next week and we have recruited 2, 200+ pound enforcers who like to hit to hurt. Lets call them bone breaker and ball breaker.

Enough is enough and we have to protect our goalie, and ourselves.

I have a pulled groin muscle so I'm not sure if I'll skate next week but I am sure I'll be at the game.
again we all thought this was a recreational church league.

This is supposed to be a mid to beginner level rec. league.

For all the noobs in this string just make sure that you check the league you want to play in and go to more than one game to watch and see how chippy, how high of a level the top players are on the teams are, and make an educated decision on where you play.

on a lighter side we just got our new jerseys and MAN we LOOK AWSOME!

Old
11-15-2010, 10:43 AM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

If anyone in the Chicagoland area is looking to play in a beginner hockey league take a look at the attached flyer and send an email to the address at the bottom of the flyer letting them know you want to play. The league is being started by myself and a few others in my hockey 101 class. Our goal is to create a comfortable environment for beginning skaters & goalies to play structured hockey in. If you have any additional questions feel free to ask or PM me.
Attached Files
File Type: doc hockey flyer.doc‎ (79.0 KB, 25 views)

Old
11-15-2010, 12:15 PM
nightfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Great thread. Read every post.

Well to start, im young. I was born a few months before the Coyotes moves to town. When I was really little, I would watch the Coyotes on TV and would always want to be like Teppo Numminen. I rember on christmas when I was about 4, My parrents got me my first stick, a helmet, a Tkachuck jersey, and a puck.

When Coyotes games were on, I would do whatever Teppo would do. If he shot, I would shoot my puck. He passed, I would pass it to my dad.

So I always wanted to play hockey. My parrents would never let me play. They bought me roller skates, and I would skate around with that same stick and a tennis ball and me and a few friends would play 2v2 hockey. I never Ice skated untill I was in 5th grade.

In 5th grade, one of my friends had his birthday at the Ice Den in Phoenix. I was hooked.

So the summer between 6th and 7th grade I was sitting playing NHL 06. My dad goes "Hey, for your birthday this month, do you want to get a Xbox?" "Yea!" I replied. Then he said "Or play hockey?"

Obviously I picked hockey.

So a month later, I started a learn to play hockey class. I was the best one in there, best skater (Roller blades for like 10+ years) and shooter/ Puck handler (garage hockey ) and Got out of that class about 8 months later.

Then I did a 3v3 league, and learned a slap shot.

Now im in a House league, at the Ice Den. Im one of the best kids in that league, and my life IS hockey. I practice skating/shooting/Puck-handling every day. Im on HF every day. I play NHL 10 a few times a week. I watch every Coyotes games and as much hockey as possible.

Hockey is addicting!!

Thanks for reading all this. Have a good one.
Now there's a gary bettman success story if I've ever seen one!

Old
11-15-2010, 05:25 PM
ace111

I have loved hockey since I was a kid. My parents couldnt afford hockey (equipment) so I played Baseball, football and rugby. Watched hockey from the time I can remember. 4 years ago (I was 30 at the time) one of my collegues mens league teams had a game in which the other team had cancelled. They had the ice so they decided to have a game of shinny with the team and family. My buddy asked me to go. He knew how much I enjoyed hockey but had NO idea that I had only been on skates 4 times in my life. (Yes I am a true Canadian haha).
ANyways that day I bought skates, stick, elbow pads and a helemt. Got changed and started walking to the ioe surface. I thought to myself "this isnt that bad. How hard can it be when I get out there." I stood and watched 7 and 8 years olds having a blast and tearing up and down the ice. So I triumphantly head towards the gate. No sooner had my skates touched the ice I was grabbing for the boards. My wife and one of her friends were upstairs in the bar to watch the show. There was a lady at the table next to them and she was shouting that "Do you see that guy out there???!! He's going to kill himself!!" LOL
So I go out there and can skate forwards and stop with the back foot drag. The first few shifts I stayed to the side of the boards but as the game progressed I moved further over to center and then to the other side. Had a couple shots on goal as well. (little things that make a difference). It was one of those "it was the worst of times but it was the best of times." moments.
After that game I started to go to reg skates, we dont have a stick and puck session here. I would go to the outdoor rinks and bring my stick and puck. Took skating lessons and was embarassed by 9 year old girls doing spins while I try to learn crossovers. It was funny to watch as a 70 (honest to god!!) year old lady was skating on one leg and I was worried about running into her. She stops and says "Don't worry young man. It is our responsibility to watch out for the newbies!!" I died laughing. It was great though.
Now I can skate decently, by no means am I anywhere near the best player. But I can hold my own. (Still have lots to learn) I now play twice a week in a pickup group that I set up with 25 regular guys and in the summer run a 6 team league.
Just thought that if this helps anyone out there to pick up the game of hockey, the little bit of embarassment I went through at the beginning. IT WAS WORTH EVERY LAUGH directed towards me.
Get out there and dont worry about what anyone says. Hockey and the comraderie is worth it.
Thanks for reading.

Old
11-16-2010, 05:41 PM
beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminnj View Post

on a lighter side we just got our new jerseys and MAN we LOOK AWSOME!
Pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace111 View Post
Just thought that if this helps anyone out there to pick up the game of hockey, the little bit of embarassment I went through at the beginning. IT WAS WORTH EVERY LAUGH directed towards me.
Get out there and dont worry about what anyone says. Hockey and the comraderie is worth it.
Thanks for reading.
That's a great story! And I think I need to start calling random guys "young man" now, just for fun.

I met another wannabe hockey-playing mom today. As I came to the rink, I noticed a mom with her young daughter, and that the mom had rented hockey skates. I get my stuff on and walk out to the little rink and she stops me and asks, "do you play hockey?" I say no but I want to! And I start going on and on about how I've been practicing and want to join the women's league. Turns out she wants to play hockey too. She was just there with her daughter, trying to get her skating feet, and being all bummed out because she had no idea how she was going to make the hockey thing happen, and here I stroll by with my hockey stick. Kismet! She was so excited. I told her I was there twice a week by myself, and that it'd be awesome to have someone to practice with, and gave her my email. So maybe I'll finally get a buddy.

I finally got my skates sharpened for the first time since I'd bought them. I thought that they were wonky, and it turns out my edges were totally uneven, so he fixed them up. I'm looking forward to the next time I skate because it'll probably be way easier!

Old
11-16-2010, 05:56 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth View Post
Pics!!

That's a great story! And I think I need to start calling random guys "young man" now, just for fun.

I met another wannabe hockey-playing mom today. As I came to the rink, I noticed a mom with her young daughter, and that the mom had rented hockey skates. I get my stuff on and walk out to the little rink and she stops me and asks, "do you play hockey?" I say no but I want to! And I start going on and on about how I've been practicing and want to join the women's league. Turns out she wants to play hockey too. She was just there with her daughter, trying to get her skating feet, and being all bummed out because she had no idea how she was going to make the hockey thing happen, and here I stroll by with my hockey stick. Kismet! She was so excited. I told her I was there twice a week by myself, and that it'd be awesome to have someone to practice with, and gave her my email. So maybe I'll finally get a buddy.

I finally got my skates sharpened for the first time since I'd bought them. I thought that they were wonky, and it turns out my edges were totally uneven, so he fixed them up. I'm looking forward to the next time I skate because it'll probably be way easier!
Pic's could be coming soon,

I'm very happy for you finding a friend. This is how it starts. first one friend then another, next thing you will be sitting in the change room and someone will say "Hey let's put a team together for the ee league" Then of corse you will need to get better sticks, gloves, and everything.
I can't wait until the next installment of the "beth hockey chronicles"

Old
11-17-2010, 01:43 AM
Copeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminnj View Post
update on the psycho church league:

Game on Friday we lost our goaltender during the game in the middle of the 2nd because he was crashed hard by the other team and had a neck injury. At that point we where tied 3-3 and that is where the game ended. As well the offending player was ejected from a game that ended big punishment eh.
Wth? That is truly psycho.

Yeah I think all of us will definitely take your advice and check out a few games before joining any league... wow...

On my own side... apparently the only way I can sort of even kind of barely be stable going backwards is by getting low low low (like Malhotra-style almost haha)... dunno how ridiculous it looks, have to say I'm getting really jealous of the guys who just cruise around backwards upright at the public skates... sigh

Old
11-17-2010, 09:56 AM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copeland View Post
have to say I'm getting really jealous of the guys who just cruise around backwards upright at the public skates... sigh
Don't get down on yourself it takes time and practice. That guy skating with ease right now was in your shoes at one time. At some point someone will probably be watching you skate with jealously. I used to hate watching people that could stop. When you know how to do it right it just looks so simple, but when you can't stop it seems impossible. Well I have been working hard on it and now I can stop pretty good on my right side. I still can't stop on my left and my right still needs a lot of work, but once you start to make progress it is really rewarding. Just keep at it and you'll get it.

Old
11-17-2010, 10:18 AM
beth

Well, you're supposed to be low - it means you're bending your knees enough. Everytime I think I have a deep enough knee bend, I'll catch myself in the reflection and realize I'm hardly as low as I thought I was. I really have to force myself to bend deeply, and it's something that I'm still working on. That's where those thigh muscles come in!

Old
11-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'm not a noob (anymore), but here was my progression:

- played as a kid from about 2 years old until 12
- started again at about 22 skating and shooting on the rinks outside
- bought some equipment at 23 and started going to drop-in and a weekly pickup game (that was WAY too fast)
- found a local organized pickup league for novice players
- joined a red league team at 24 and have been with them since

As for my skills...

- remembered how to skate after about 5 minutes
- could barely stop on one side, had to work on the other side for a few months
- was able to glide backwards okay initially
- took me a good several months to get forward crossovers down
- took about two years and some clinics until I got backwards crossovers down
- still working on full stride extension, toe flick, keeping the knees bent, power turns, and backwards speed
- always had a decent wrist shot, but getting real power came after two years of shooting when I learned to work the flex and snap my wrists
- took a few months to get any kind of slapper, still a work in progress
- spent a few months with a stick handling ball to get decent coordination
- big thing was getting patient with the puck rather than panicking and tossing it away, when that happened my offense started to grow
- wasn't until my second year of league play that I started to be able to really dangle around people, I kept getting picked off
- still getting better to this day, although slowly...now I'm able to get the puck and make quicker decisions and shoot the puck very quickly (not fast/hard, quick)

I found for me it was about a year to learn the fundamentals, a year of rapid growth, then I started to plateau. I'll never be better than a C-league player, but that's fine. After a couple seasons at forward I switched to D to learn that...although I'm itching to play wing again and get some points

Old
11-17-2010, 05:15 PM
beth

Jarick, it's really interesting to see how hard you had to work even though you played so much as a kid. Thanks for sharing your progression - it really shows that it takes some time to get the hang of it, but we can get there eventually.

Old
11-17-2010, 06:39 PM
MNWild9

Mine started at the age of 5 my dad put me on a pair of figure skates and let me skate i didn't fall once. From then on all i could talk about is hockey the next year i started playing in the local boosters. Were I played all my years until I was 18. After that I have played Mens League which I try to help all the new people coming into my league. But I played Center and Right Wing until the age of 11 then I moved to Goalie Where i played up until 3 years ago. Now I play Center and Right Wing on a cool team. I like when the season starts to see the new talent that comes out before the Draft (which we have every year). I'm the second youngest in my league I'm 28 the next youngest is a goalie at the age of 27. So its cool cause everyone else is 30+. I think it great that all of you that have just started out and keep going at first its not easy everything comes with time. I still don't have a perfect slap shot but I have a killer wrist shot. Hockey has helped me more than ever you meet people and some become friends forever.

Old
11-18-2010, 12:28 AM
Niedzwiedz

Great thread! Being able to read about the experiences of other adult hockey beginners makes me feel not quite so alone.

I'm a 40 year old female (hitting 41 in a few months) but I never learned to skate as a kid. When I turned 38 I decided that I was not only going to learn to skate, I was also going to learn to play hockey. I love the sport, and my 3 year old niece is already loving it too. I got her a knee hockey set last Christmas and every time I go to visit, one of the first things she always says to me "Its hockey time!" Learning to skate and play isn't just for me. Its also so that I will be able to take her out on the ice someday too.

I've been concentrating on the skating part first by taking classes and going to open skates. Its taking a lot longer than I had hoped, but I know I have made a lot of progress since then. I've heard great things about the learn to play hockey programs at Johnny's IceHouse, my rink, and a few other places, but my work schedule never allowed me to get to any of them. I also figured that I wouldn't get much out of attending if I didn't have some basic skating skills down anyway.

This summer, I got a few pieces of gear together (helmet, elbows, stick and gloves), watched some instructional DVD's, and started to try a little bit of very basic stick and puck work on the ice, just get a feel for what its like. Then one of the rink's hockey instructors said that if I didn't mind learning with the little kids I could join his upcoming fall sessions, since they were mostly basic skating and stick and puck drills. I was so stoked!

And of course, something went wrong. Two months ago a fairly minor pain that I had basically ignored for 2-3 months exploded. Extreme pain in my back and then all the way down one leg. X-rays and an MRI showed a herniated disc in the lumbar-sacral area, arthritis/degenerative disc disease (aka "getting old"), and an old L1 compression fracture from 20 years ago. Pain meds have helped me work through the sciatica and my physical therapy starts next week. I'm hoping to regain full, pain-free function soon.

The hockey classes I was supposed to join start this Saturday, but no hockey for me. I have managed to keep on with the learn to skate lessons and open skating every week, but its nothing like I was doing before. Can't go hard and fast, or try anything that is likely to dump me on my rear. The disc injury wasn't skating related, but a hard fall on the ice is the last thing my back needs right now. I'm mostly out there to try to keep from totally losing everything I've learned so far.

I'm still getting the rest of my equipment together now, making sure I have adequate protection, and I don't intend to let this stop me from getting into the real hockey part as soon as I possibly can. I love the sport and I love being on the ice. Seeing my skating buddies regularly is something I look forward to every week. If I don't make it to my usual sessions I just don't feel right. Even with my medical situation now, its still something that I love and I refuse to give it up.

Old
11-30-2010, 05:29 PM
beth

I thought this thread needed a little bump-up, and I realized that there were two new posters! Welcome MNWild9 and Niedzwiedz! Niedzwiedz - I hope your back mends up soon so that you can play - what a total bummer.

Guys! Guys! Listen! I am on my way! Today at stick and puck, Red Bull offered me a lucrative deal of a beverage in exchange for my image with their product. I must have been really impressive out there! I politely declined.

One more week of night class - and then I am free! Of course, as soon as I'm able to join the women's league, they go on a break for the holidays, so it looks like I really won't start playing until january. (sad face) But maybe I can get one practice with them in. It's going to be really strange playing real hockey - all I've done so far is either play by myself, or with ten bizillion mites in a "coaches vs. kids" scrimmage (great for learning to skate with your head up!) And I still haven't skated with all my gear on yet.

How are all the other noobs doing??

Old
11-30-2010, 05:53 PM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

Well done beth, I'm glad you are still making progress and don't worry Jan. will be here sooner than you think.

Niedzwiedz- good luck with your back. If your work schedule allows it and you heal up you should really look into classes at Johnny's the program and the people are great. Also myself and 4 other guys started up a D level league at Johnny's that is starting up in January on Thursday nights. Come by if you get chance some night and check it out. It is a beginners league that could be perfect for you. We had to close registration b/c we only had room for 60 skaters, but you could sign up to be a sub or wait for the next session in the spring.

So a little more about my league. A couple of guys in my 101 class thought that Chicago was missing out on a beginners league. Johnny's has great leagues but nothing for beginners. So we decided to start up our own league from scratch. After a couple months of planning and some hard work we will be starting up "The Federal League" in Chicago at Johnny's Ice House West. The same place the Blackhawks pratice and only a couple blocks from the United Center. We never thought we were going to be able to get this off the ground, but after only 2 weeks we had to close down registration b/c we were already full. I can't wait to captian my team, Healthy Scratch.

Old
11-30-2010, 07:06 PM
beth

ChiTownHawks - that's so awesome that you were able to set that up! And that's a great team name!

Old
11-30-2010, 10:16 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

I went out for shinny for the first time in two week since my groin pull. I took it easy and I felt good just a slight burn down the inside of my left thigh.

I might be ready for my next mens league game on Friday, but I'm going to play shinny on Thu. to make sure I'm good to go.

The huge guy we brought on to play enforcer on our team is not much of a skater despite the fact he claimed to have played AA BUT he is HUGE like 6' 6" 280 and he has already invited a few guys to dance and that settled the nastiness down a few notches fast.

Well that is the news on my end.

Beth, Keep up the good work and you'll be out there with the girls soon enough. Hold out for the Vodka and redbull deal.

Old
12-03-2010, 11:03 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

Friday night game. First game since my injury and it was good. I was slow but very effective defensive play. The other team started pinching early so I wet back to cover the defenseman who had there hands full and took the puck away from the play in our end several times. As well I took the neutral ice away and dumped the puck in the O end allot. I got my first shot on net but my leg is still not 100% so I could not really get into it and that affected my passing too. I decided that since I had no speed because of my leg I would play positions and be all over anybody within 5 feet of me. I knew I was not going to out run anybody tonight. But all in all it was a fun game the dirty play has seemed to calm down since we introduced the goons. I hope the rest of the season goes as smooth win or louse it was fun.
We did win the game 7-3. I was playing left wing.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Niedzwiedz

ChiTownHawks - Thanks, I do hope to be back on the ice in a few months. The pt doc told me I shouldn't even be skating now, so I had to stop going to my learn-to-skate sessions. Definitely keeping Johnny's in mind for when I'm cleared to skate, and if I can manage to get set in stone off-days someday. Its so frustrating looking at my brand new set of gear that I was so darn close to using for the first time!

The beginners league sounds awesome, and I love your team's name! I mentioned it to a friend and she's interested in the league too, since she's also at the beginner level in hockey (though her skating skills are way better than mine). I also saw something about a Chicagoland beginner's league on the IceWarehouse forums, and now I know that that its the one you're talking about. It sounds like just the kind of league I'd want to try out, and I'll pass along the info and keep it in mind for me too.

Old
12-07-2010, 10:54 AM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedzwiedz View Post
ChiTownHawks - Thanks, I do hope to be back on the ice in a few months. The pt doc told me I shouldn't even be skating now, so I had to stop going to my learn-to-skate sessions. Definitely keeping Johnny's in mind for when I'm cleared to skate, and if I can manage to get set in stone off-days someday. Its so frustrating looking at my brand new set of gear that I was so darn close to using for the first time!

The beginners league sounds awesome, and I love your team's name! I mentioned it to a friend and she's interested in the league too, since she's also at the beginner level in hockey (though her skating skills are way better than mine). I also saw something about a Chicagoland beginner's league on the IceWarehouse forums, and now I know that that its the one you're talking about. It sounds like just the kind of league I'd want to try out, and I'll pass along the info and keep it in mind for me too.
Thanks for the props on the team name. If you have any further questions about it feel free to PM me.

Old
12-07-2010, 05:56 PM
beth

I had my finals yesterday, so I'm officially done with the night class that is keeping me from playing hockey. Next week I'm going to practice with the women's league in their last december practice, then officially join them after the holidays. I'm both excited and nervous! (But more excited than nervous.)

Today I was working on backwards edges. Over the past week, I've been trying to get to the point where I can glide on one foot backwards. Now I can do alternating backwards inside edges, and alternating backwards outside edges on one foot. Then I was trying to do a transition where I hop from one foot forwards to the other foot backwards. I wasn't very fast doing it, but I figure if I can get this movement down, transitions will be super easy. My balance is getting ridiculous. Even just putting on my pants in the morning I notice how stable I am on one foot. It's really cool! I was also working on weak side stops. Just forced myself to do them about ten bizillion times until I wasn't thinking about them anymore. Also stick handling backwards.

There were a bunch of little girls on the other rink and they kept peeking over at me. They told me "you're really good!" I'm now judging my progress by who I seem to impress - so far it's: other hockey moms, teenaged Red Bull hawkers, and 8-year-old girls.

Oh! That reminds me. Whenever I talk to kids at the rink, I always encourage them to come to Try Hockey Free Day, especially if they are girls. Our rink hosts one every month. The last one was sunday, and I even got my 9-year-old daughter to try it. There was about 30 kids out there, and almost half of them were girls! It was awesome. I don't think my daughter is going to start playing, but she did great, and at least she gave it a whirl!

Closed Thread