HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Great Louis Leblanc goal from this past sunday vs Val d'Or

Old
10-19-2010, 10:35 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

vCash: 500
Great Louis Leblanc goal from this past sunday vs Val d'Or

it was request on my twitter and rds didnt had a great view of the goal so here it is

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 10:36 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Thanks for posting

I'm also a big fan of your blog, keep up the good work

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Destoker

WOW that's some crazy speed. Reminds me of Pleks when he burst it middle ice.. Could it be a great first round pick by timmins.. finally??

Destoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destoker View Post
WOW that's some crazy speed. Reminds me of Pleks when he burst it middle ice.. Could it be a great first round pick by timmins.. finally??
That's because he finally picked someone from Quebec

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
No kidding about the crappy replay on RDS. I mean they show a half a second replay from the side of the net. Thanks for this.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:01 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Thanks for posting

I'm also a big fan of your blog, keep up the good work
thanks a lot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
No kidding about the crappy replay on RDS. I mean they show a half a second replay from the side of the net. Thanks for this.
no problem, i went to check if you had it on your channel. didnt want to steal your thunder you usually the one who upload habs prospect video. im more into the draft prospect stuff.

i guess im going to get plenty of view on this one

Old
10-19-2010, 11:17 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
it was request on my twitter and rds didnt had a great view of the goal so here it is

Who was the defenseman he shifted? Spacek?

Seriously, this kid has NHL speed already..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 12:05 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

16 points in 9 games too, 6 of which are goals. He's off to a good start it seems!

Oh and looking at the juniors I notice this Xavier Ouellet defensemen tearing it up. I take it next year is his draft year so what about him? Is he good?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 12:13 AM
schumway2

I'd like to be excited but the Q is just so bad compared to the O and W. Those mickey mouse point totals that are put up.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 12:29 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
I'd like to be excited but the Q is just so bad compared to the O and W. Those mickey mouse point totals that are put up.
Its still the weaker league of the 3, especially weaker than the WHL but I think the Q improved highly over the years, its still a good league to develop..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 12:52 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
that comment is so mid-late 90s. the Q has changed over the years and has become more defensively. the ohl has a higher goal per game in the last couples of years...no one talk about the ohl being a mickey house league or PP driven league.

Last year Sean Couturier had 96pts to lead the Q in scoring. First time in league history that the leading scorer didnt break the 100pts and its not because Couturier suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
16 points in 9 games too, 6 of which are goals. He's off to a good start it seems!

Oh and looking at the juniors I notice this Xavier Ouellet defensemen tearing it up. I take it next year is his draft year so what about him? Is he good?
really good. he's a top2 round talent for the draft right now. if he keep playing like this he's going to get pick in the 1st round. real smart player. Montreal junior head Coach Pascal Vincent said Ouellet his the best defensemen he ever coach.

Old
10-20-2010, 06:24 AM
angry pirate

Saw Leblanc play in Halifax. He looks to be the real deal guys. He wasn't as noticable in the second and third period of that game but his consistancy will develop in time. What I saw out of him in his first few shifts was incredable though. He's an amazing skater with great start up power. It's almost unfair for the guys he plays against. He get's through the neutral zone quicker than anyone else I've seen in the Q this year and has a cannon of a shot. NHL caliber shot IMO. Haven't looked at the schedule but I hope the Junior come back to halifax again this season.

angry pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 07:20 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

That's embarrassing. Less of a deke, more of blowing past a pylon. Those two don't look like they should be playing in the same league.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 07:27 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
that comment is so mid-late 90s. the Q has changed over the years and has become more defensively. the ohl has a higher goal per game in the last couples of years...no one talk about the ohl being a mickey house league or PP driven league.

Last year Sean Couturier had 96pts to lead the Q in scoring. First time in league history that the leading scorer didnt break the 100pts and its not because Couturier suck.

Thank you for that comment...

The Q is vastly underrated... or the other leagues vastly overrated.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 07:39 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Nasty,.you just don't...

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Mickey Mouse point totals? Are you living in the past? The last 6-7 years the OHL has much higher scoring totals than the Q. Defensemen are the deepest position in the league the last few years(and it shows in the NHL draft).

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 07:51 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Mickey Mouse point totals? Are you living in the past? The last 6-7 years the OHL has much higher scoring totals than the Q. Defensemen are the deepest position in the league the last few years(and it shows in the NHL draft).
Yeah, you can't make the comparison purely on scoring totals anymore, that's for sure. And I think you also have to remember that you're comparing 3 leagues which ARE on the same level. Yes, the WHL is a bit stronger than the others, and the OHL in general is stronger than the Q. But there are still individual teams within any league which could beat any teams in the other leagues, not just on a given random night, but in a 7-game series. Or, in the Memorial Cup.

What I find is that the quality of the depth players in the Q lags a bit behind the other leagues. Or maybe I'm just less familiar with those players. Sometimes the quality of the overagers is higher in the Q, however. Those are just off-the-cuff impressions, though, somebody could readily change my mind with a mini-analysis of it. Likely has a lot to do with the overall structure and depth of the minor hockey feeder systems into those leagues. The Q has leaned heavily on the maritimes for some infusions lately, since it's own system has become so troubled. With fewer players to draw on, it's basically inevitable that the depth will be weakened.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 08:06 AM
neofury*

I was thinking of paying the 200$ and getting the bulldogs feeds this year. Maybe if I do since they do archive the videos I could rip some stuff for us after each game.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 08:12 AM
Maverik

I still can't get excited over that goal. That D is a pylon, even for a Q caliber defenceman.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 08:14 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I was thinking of paying the 200$ and getting the bulldogs feeds this year. Maybe if I do since they do archive the videos I could rip some stuff for us after each game.
That would be great--I'd love to see the occasional whole game if you can swing it. There used to be highlights on the Dogs' website but I don't see them anymore.

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 09:10 AM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
get 200 hfboard members to chip in 1$

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Its still the weaker league of the 3, especially weaker than the WHL but I think the Q improved highly over the years, its still a good league to develop..
I'd say the opposite.

The draft/NHL numbers are falling from the Q, not getting better. If anything, the QMJHL has moved backwards.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 09:46 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Thanks for the clip, nice goal. Can't wait to see him with Team Canada at the wjc's.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Basszor

I went to a game after my cosom league game 3 weeks ago. It was against the Tigres de Victoriaville and what amazed me was how Leblanc was passing it right on the tape and was sound defensively. He reminded me alot of Plekanec so hopefully it turns out that way(what a top 3 we would have with Gomez Plekanec and Louis ''mini-Plekanec'' Leblanc )

Basszor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 12:06 PM
tinyzombies

Man against boys. I like this kid. Nice pick. Great wheels, hands, smarts and has guts.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote