Notices

Oldies Getting it done

Old
10-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
at least you know how to figure out what their scoring pace is... Conroy is on pace for 20 points... the guy seems to ignore the fact Conroy has only played 4 games... and honestly 20 points from Conroy on the 4th line would be great

and Sarich is on pace for 40
Sarich is on pace for 55 now!

Give him the Norris!!

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:25 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Sarich is on pace for 55 now!

Give him the Norris!!
Keith had 69 last season Sarich still needs to step it up a bit more

tfong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 07:48 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I laughed.

You're right though, the top line in general could be playing better producing more. I'm willing to give them at least ten games, assuming the current top line stays together.
MY point was simply to say there is no evidence that the top line is producing well based on points obtained in 1 game out of 6.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
MY point was simply to say there is no evidence that the top line is producing well based on points obtained in 1 game out of 6.
And MY point was to simply say that making sweeping generalizations / predictions after 5 games is delusional.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
And MY point was to simply say that making sweeping generalizations / predictions after 5 games is stupid.
fixed your post

Old
10-22-2010, 02:11 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
And MY point was to simply say that making sweeping generalizations / predictions after 5 games is delusional.
I agree, but it's what the original poster did. And misinterpreted the stats.

It would be like I said that Morrison is off to a horrible start, and you came back and said,"'what do you mean, he's got 5 points in 5 games', and my answer was "you can't base a great start on 5 games".

The original posdter laid the framework of 5 games being the sample size he was basing his opinion on, I didn't.

Old
10-22-2010, 02:32 PM
goodsauce

vCash: 50
hi, original poster here, i said they were getting it done now, i wasnt saying anything about what they are on pace for, just simply saying that from what ihave seen so far, i like. im not making predictions even for the columbus game tonight. so yeah original poster did NOT making the sweeping generalizations

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
I agree, but it's what the original poster did. And misinterpreted the stats.

It would be like I said that Morrison is off to a horrible start, and you came back and said,"'what do you mean, he's got 5 points in 5 games', and my answer was "you can't base a great start on 5 games".

The original posdter laid the framework of 5 games being the sample size he was basing his opinion on, I didn't.
actually if he said he was off to a GREAT START a 5 game sample is acceptable because ITS THE START... the problem came when talking about the point pace of players... there is a huge difference between using 6.1% of the games to claim someone is on a certain pace and using the FIRST 5 games to say they have had a good start

perhaps the word start confuses you?

Old
12-22-2010, 06:38 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by artysmith View Post
It looks like the bald idiot was wrong,
Thoughts?

The bald idiot had it correct all along......

Old
12-22-2010, 08:59 PM
TheDoctor10
Bigger on the inside

Quote:
The bald idiot had it correct all along......
The 'bald idiot' has forgotten more about hockey than we will collectively ever know. Most of us who wrote this team off in the off-season have been proven right too though; so it's not like it was just the 'experts' who judged this team accurately.

TheDoctor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 02:36 AM
Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
The 'bald idiot' has forgotten more about hockey than we will collectively ever know. Most of us who wrote this team off in the off-season have been proven right too though; so it's not like it was just the 'experts' who judged this team accurately.
Only an idiot would have gone into this season thinking the Flames would make the playoffs.

Pierre knows his stuff and should GM this team to glory.

Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 03:51 AM
bigchief12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilkington View Post
Only an idiot would have gone into this season thinking the Flames would make the playoffs.

Knowing stuff does not equal great leader, you need natural leadership ability for that and I can't see much of that in McGuire. He'd probably make a really good scout or be a great guy to have on the team as a consultant or something but I doubt he could step into a GM position and rebuild an organization with everyone falling into line to support him.

Before this season started, I thought the Flames would make the playoffs, I guess that makes me an idiot Pilkington? I wonder if you were chirping that loudly in the off season or if you are just calling everyone idiots now that the Flames are in such dire straits?

bigchief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 04:17 AM
TheDoctor10
Bigger on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchief12 View Post
Knowing stuff does not equal great leader, you need natural leadership ability for that and I can't see much of that in McGuire. He'd probably make a really good scout or be a great guy to have on the team as a consultant or something but I doubt he could step into a GM position and rebuild an organization with everyone falling into line to support him.

Before this season started, I thought the Flames would make the playoffs, I guess that makes me an idiot Pilkington? I wonder if you were chirping that loudly in the off season or if you are just calling everyone idiots now that the Flames are in such dire straits?
I dunno; I see in Pierre McGuire an infectious passion and enthusiasm for the game of hockey that's pretty much unrivaled in the hockey world. He's certainly not for everyone, but I think it'd be nothing but beneficial to have an organization that was populated with guys who shared Pierre's total love of the game. As opposed to now, where the organization has the outward appearance of not actually knowing what 'love' is.

At the very least, it would be nice to have a GM who realizes this game is now about speed, skill, and youth, none of which the Flames possess.

TheDoctor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 11:04 AM
bigchief12

McGuire is full of wtf moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqZyalBbMRY&NR=1

bigchief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Quote:

I don't know you so I'm not going to call you an idiot, but thinking the Flames were going to be a good team this year is pretty idiotic. I actually bet my friend $200 before the season started that Calgary wouldn't make the playoffs this year, and he quickly snapped it up thinking I'd lost my mind. Apparently I was the only one who took off the rose coloured glasses before looking at the roster.

Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
Quote:
McGuire is full of wtf moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqZyalBbMRY&NR=1
A person can be socially awkward and still be a good GM. I would have to think Pierre would certainly be a candidate were we looking for a new GM.

Pierre is a creepy/funny guy .

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 05:37 PM
GoFlames

I for one like McGuire as a GM candidate.... he knows the game, prospects etc well. Surely he would dump Button as first order of business.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 05:54 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilkington View Post

Keyboard Warrior!!!! Whatever that means...

Didn't Pierre predict the Devils to be contenders? Who'd expect a Eastern Conference powerhouse to stink so bad. The point is, people can make predictions and be wrong or right based on chance alone. Did the prediction have merit, sure, but calling anyone an idiot because they predicted the Flames as playoff contenders is horrid. I recall Don Cherry making such a prediction... is he an idiot? I have a copy of the preseason Hockeytimes predicting the Flames as playoff contenders, but I suppose a group of professional hockey analysts and writers are idiots?
Settle down!

Calling someone an idiot is a bold statement used by idiots themselves, but calling someone wrong can be expected once in a while.

Last edited by MarkGio: 12-23-2010 at 06:00 PM.
MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote