HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wisniewski (Suspended 2 games for gesture)

Old
10-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Tavaresfan91

vCash: 500
Wisniewski (Suspended 2 games for gesture)

He looked really good last night i was really surprised...Great hit on Benn and nice pp goal...what do you guys think?

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Otto91

Wiz .....is the man

Goal, assist, and a KO.....ala Gordie well without the fists...but need be he will drop em

Great Pick up by Snow......There is a reason he is being paid 3 plus mill

It should be an interesting season....

Otto91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Hershey Hockey
#AskNeal

I think that this guy is going to do great things on Long Island. If he keeps playing the way he played last night the absence of Streit may not affect the team as much as many of us expected it would. And when Streit does come back just think of how potent the pairing of those two will be on the blue line.

Hershey Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:04 PM
ScaredStreit

He had a good game-but it was just that, one good game. Way too early to really tell how he'll do on the island.

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 50
he had a great game for sure.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:12 PM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
Phrasing, 1st, BOOM.

I think if he can play like this on a regular basis we may have an "honest" 1st pairing once Streit gets back.

I don't expect him to equal Streit's production that quick, but he has a strong shot, he's capable of eating 20+ minutes a night (Anaheim's top-4 seemed to be on the ice for nearly an entire game last season), and it's his contract year.

I think he'll fit nice here, at least this season. I'm just hoping if he excels here he re-signs here.

CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Jester9881

I wouldn't pair him and Streit 5 on 5..... the PP is a different story.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:25 PM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
Phrasing, 1st, BOOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
I wouldn't pair him and Streit 5 on 5..... the PP is a different story.
I'm kinda mixed on that. I like the idea of offense from the point 5 on 5, but if the forwards can play effectively, it may not be necessary.

Either way, I like heavy shots and big hits. He brings both and that's good enough....for now.

CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 01:58 PM
StuDog

he was okay, but he did get smoked by ribiero for that morrow goal.

StuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Renbarg

Ya I don't think he had a good game. Not only did he get schooled like a minor leaguer on the morrow goal but there was at least two other occasions where he got turned around. His pairing was the weakest defensively in mind as Mottau looked pretty vulnerable as well.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 03:54 PM
SDIsles34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps527 View Post
Ya I don't think he had a good game. Not only did he get schooled like a minor leaguer on the morrow goal but there was at least two other occasions where he got turned around. His pairing was the weakest defensively in mind as Mottau looked pretty vulnerable as well.
Aside from the play that led to the goal there really wasn't much else to complain about. I thought he controlled the puck extremely well in the offensive zone and was solid in his own end. A few positional problems but that can be expected the first game of the season.

Of course the "he's a lock for the All-Star game" and the "what a waste, get him off our team" comments are here already.

IT WAS ONE GAMEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

There is a long way to go and the only way to tell if PA really sucks, Wiz is a #1, or if Josh Bailey is going to go 30/30 is by watching the season progress.... but that would take all the fun out of these threads i guess

Edit: not directed at you btw ps

SDIsles34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 04:25 PM
hgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuDog View Post
he was okay, but he did get smoked by ribiero for that morrow goal.
As has been said multiple times, that wasn't really his fault, it was PA Parenteau's.

Wisniewski had other incidents where I didn't have much faith in him, though. Still, a lot of promising signs.
---
As for the poster above, I agree, patience in evaluations. Except in the case of PA Parenteau - incomprehensibly bad out there last night.

hgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 04:49 PM
mrichard

incomprehensibly?

??6?
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzo View Post
As has been said multiple times, that wasn't really his fault, it was PA Parenteau's.

Wisniewski had other incidents where I didn't have much faith in him, though. Still, a lot of promising signs.
---
As for the poster above, I agree, patience in evaluations. Except in the case of PA Parenteau - incomprehensibly bad out there last night.

mrichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Renbarg

Quote:

---
PA Parenteau turned the puck over but that still does not excuse Wisniewski for stepping in for some reason and letting Riberio get around him on the outside.

Old
10-10-2010, 08:16 PM
StuDog

Quote:

---
Yeah, like I said, he looked good overall. We'll have to agree to disagree on the play when Ribiero walked around him. I just think he had time to make a better play.

Old
10-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Chardo

Ribeiro walked around him like he was some grade school kid. It was really pathetic. With all Wiz did offensively (desperately needed), we'll have to forgive it. Hope we're not looking at a Marc-Andre Bergeron situation.

I played golf with Wiz and watched in awe as he launched a few 350 yard drives (no exaggeration). I told him I can't wait to see his slapshot. It was worth the wait.

Chardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 08:52 PM
mitchy22

Quote:
PA Parenteau turned the puck over but that still does not excuse Wisniewski for stepping in for some reason and letting Riberio get around him on the outside.
Wiz was caught flatfooted because of the giveaway.

I feel like I'm destined to argue with you this evening, please forgive me.

Mitch

mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 09:11 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy22 View Post

Mitch
Still, a good defenseman is able to recover. It wasn't like it was a bang-bang play. Wiz had ample time to get it together but instead made it really easy for Ribeiro.

I realize these threads are inevitable, but they really piss me off to no end. It was one game in an 82 game season. The only reason it seems to have any importance to any of you is because it was the first game of the season. If Wizniewski played an identical game to this one in February nobody would even blink, let alone make a thread.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy22 View Post

Mitch
Yup.

It was a turnover all the way by the redline! Wis was already in position by the time Riberio reached him. He should have made the play.

Old
10-10-2010, 11:27 PM
mitchy22

Quote:
Yup.

It was a turnover all the way by the redline! Wis was already in position by the time Riberio reached him. He should have made the play.
He was definitely to share for the blame, he did have some time to recover. He should have turned earlier realizing he had no speed.

That said, I have to kill the forward when they cough up the puck in that position. I also thought Mottau leaving two men open and not trying to stop the pass was a poor decision. When it became almost a 3-on-1 you have to try and stop the pass.

Still, for coughing up the puck and the not getting back into the play (and even though Wiz got beat, he did help slow the play down a little bit), Parenteau has to get most of the blame.

I don't like one day hype-up or crap-on threads either.
Mitch

mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 09:47 AM
StuDog

Quote:
Yup.

Exactly. I watched it again and it wasn't even an odd man rush. Instead of filling the gap, he sits there waffling about what he was going to do. He wound up just sitting there, hesitating, on his heels and thus got smoked.

Old
10-11-2010, 10:09 AM
RafterRat

It was just the first game.

I will hold judgement for at least 10 games and even then it will be with an air of cautious optimism if his play stays near the same level.

I have to say that the first game left me with quite a few ideas on many players but I will hold off until the "newness" factor wears off before passing judgement.

Wizzer had a good game though.

RafterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 10:32 AM
RWWallpaper

He needs a good nick name because I am not going to allow myself to be burdened with the task of trying to spell his name right all god D*#m season...

How about the Ski-Train?

or the Wizonator?

I prefer the former because the latter sounds like a state of the art urinal but I can live with either...any other ideas?

RWWallpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWWallpaper View Post
He needs a good nick name because I am not going to allow myself to be burdened with the task of trying to spell his name right all god D*#m season...

How about the Ski-Train?

or the Wizonator?

I prefer the former because the latter sounds like a state of the art urinal but I can live with either...any other ideas?
Wiz.... or The Wiz

Old
10-11-2010, 11:20 AM
RWWallpaper

Like "Nobody beats the Wiz"?...

RWWallpaper is offline   Reply With Quote