HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comeau the real deal

Old
10-19-2010, 10:31 PM
center55

vCash: 500
Comeau the real deal

Blakes last 28 games including last season 28 games (14-13-27) not bad lets hope he keeps it up!

center55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Isles Junkie
Brian Strait Sucks

i think we all saw something in him back in his rookie year.

25-25-50 is a very realistic goal for him IMO. In fact I wouldn't even be surprised if he did better than that. He's become a really solid player.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 05:30 AM
BillD

I've been a big supporter of Comeau since he was first drafted.
He always had the tools and pedigree to be a productive NHL player, but I am not sure he always got the best coaching or encouragement from this organization, including Gorton.
Comeau has been criticized on these boards for being inconsistent, which is what young players usually are until they mature, which they all tend to do at different ages. He still will not be consistent although at 24 he seems to have turned a page. To be consistent would mean top 30 forward in the NHL with his skill set, which I do not count on happening, but of course is possible.
He has just arrived as an impact player. How this year plays out will be a base for him to build on in the following two seasons when he should be beginning his prime productive years ages 25-30.
Confidence, consistency, determination will be keys for him to develop to the fullest. Comeau can be seen to be very useful at any top 9 wing position.
If he winds up as a 3rd line wing on this team, that will be beautiful because it will mean that we will have 4 other wings who are superior to his pretty high end abilities, and that he should be a standout as 3rd line, 2 way wing.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 09:34 AM
redbull
springtime hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by center55 View Post
Blakes last 28 games including last season 28 games (14-13-27) not bad lets hope he keeps it up!
WOW. Impressive.

It's not like he was accumulating points riding shot-gun next to Sid or Toews either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post
I've been a big supporter of Comeau since he was first drafted.
He always had the tools and pedigree to be a productive NHL player, but I am not sure he always got the best coaching or encouragement from this organization, including Gorton.
Comeau has been criticized on these boards for being inconsistent, which is what young players usually are until they mature, which they all tend to do at different ages. He still will not be consistent although at 24 he seems to have turned a page. To be consistent would mean top 30 forward in the NHL with his skill set, which I do not count on happening, but of course is possible.
He has just arrived as an impact player. How this year plays out will be a base for him to build on in the following two seasons when he should be beginning his prime productive years ages 25-30.
Confidence, consistency, determination will be keys for him to develop to the fullest. Comeau can be seen to be very useful at any top 9 wing position.
If he winds up as a 3rd line wing on this team, that will be beautiful because it will mean that we will have 4 other wings who are superior to his pretty high end abilities, and that he should be a standout as 3rd line, 2 way wing.
very good post Goaljudge. I agree.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote