HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Bouillon & Lombardi (concussions), O'Reilly (leg), & Goc (shoulder) all out

Old
12-21-2010, 09:42 PM
WartracePred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I, and I know Seth as well, usually get our info by going to practice and eyeballing as much as possible.

Hornqvist will play tomorrow for sure, barring some unforeseen setback.
So what exactly was Horny's injury? Was it a concussion, or some other upper body injury?

WartracePred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
So what exactly was Horny's injury? Was it a concussion, or some other upper body injury?
I don't know, but with him back today and really going at it, I would doubt it was a concussion...I hope...

Whiplash maybe from that collision after his 2nd goal? I really have no idea, but he's definitely healthy now and that's the important part!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 10:02 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I don't know, but with him back today and really going at it, I would doubt it was a concussion...I hope...

Whiplash maybe from that collision after his 2nd goal? I really have no idea, but he's definitely healthy now and that's the important part!
What worries me about Hornqvist is his youth and desire. He just seems to go all out in practice and games. If he was concussed, I can see him fibbing a little about his symptoms - not being 100% symptom free - just to get back on ice. Trainers can do all the baseline tests they want, but you can always lie about a headache.

Old
12-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
What worries me about Hornqvist is his youth and desire. He just seems to go all out in practice and games. If he was concussed, I can see him fibbing a little about his symptoms - not being 100% symptom free - just to get back on ice. Trainers can do all the baseline tests they want, but you can always lie about a headache.
True, I think that has been players' perogitive for the last 60 years or so. However with all the talk about head injuries recently I'd think Horny would realize he'd only be subjecting himself to a greater risk of being concussed again, and when you have one after another it gets real dangerous. Although I'm sure there are still players who play through symptoms, most are educated about the consequences and choose not to risk it, it's a new age.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Hornqvist and Franson back in the lineup tomorrow night at Chicago per Trotz. Rinne to play one of next two games, which one still to be decided. Legwand out at least the next two games with his lower body injury.

I take it that Legwand's LBI didn't react well to skating on Monday...
....make it next three games....Dr. Trotz says "probably miss" the Dec 26th St. Louis game as well....

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 12:41 PM
WartracePred

Tootoo a healthy scratch against Chicago??

Last night on another message board Tootoo being scratched was questioned. Someone said he has a broken finger that won't heal properly without surgery. When asked for a source, the guy posting simply said he personally knows Jordin.

Does anyone know anything about a nagging injury, i.e broken finger? Was Trotz's misinformation campaign in full force when he explained Belak's ice time (and Tootoo's scratch) as a reward for working hard everyday

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...+for+Predators.

I appreciate Belak's effort and attitude, but if Tootoo is injured, please get someone from MIL to take his ice time. If everyone else was healthy I can understand wasting a few shifts with Belak. But without Legwand and Lombardi, we can't afford to "reward" him for his effort. The guys in MIL work just as hard, and someone on the Admirals roster could surely bring more than Belak.

Old
12-23-2010, 01:15 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

If Tootoo is hurt, Thuresson needs to be on a plane to Nashville ASAP.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Last night on another message board Tootoo being scratched was questioned. Someone said he has a broken finger that won't heal properly without surgery. When asked for a source, the guy posting simply said he personally knows Jordin.

Does anyone know anything about a nagging injury, i.e broken finger? Was Trotz's misinformation campaign in full force when he explained Belak's ice time (and Tootoo's scratch) as a reward for working hard everyday

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...+for+Predators.

I appreciate Belak's effort and attitude, but if Tootoo is injured, please get someone from MIL to take his ice time. If everyone else was healthy I can understand wasting a few shifts with Belak. But without Legwand and Lombardi, we can't afford to "reward" him for his effort. The guys in MIL work just as hard, and someone on the Admirals roster could surely bring more than Belak.
That would be news to me about Tootoo's injury, but I guess anything is possible. Whatever the situation, the Preds have been playing short all year due to various injuries and without carrying a REALISTIC option at forward, they have zero for a fill-in or replacement due to illness, injury, a fluke incident before the game, poor performance, etc. It's bad enough to try and compete with the self imposed financial limits, but to not even have at least one backup player who can, you know, PLAY THE GAME, is madness. I'm taking this position whether Tootoo is actually hurt or not and have said so since the Detroit debacle October 30th were they played short for the first time this year. When a team is not willing to call somebody up or go and find somebody who can at the very least spot start, then this is the crap we get.....Belak.

Old
12-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
If Tootoo is hurt, Thuresson needs to be on a plane to Nashville ASAP.
Thuresson has been HORRIBLE this year for Milwaukee. Kelsey Wilson, Steve Begin, or Jamie Lundmark would be the three likely recalls if Tootoo is in fact going to miss some games...

Old
12-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Thuresson has been HORRIBLE this year for Milwaukee. Kelsey Wilson, Steve Begin, or Jamie Lundmark would be the three likely recalls if Tootoo is in fact going to miss some games...
Horrible is better than Belak.

Old
12-23-2010, 02:05 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Thuresson has been HORRIBLE this year for Milwaukee.
Still better than Belak.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Horrible is better than Belak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Still better than Belak.
Wow, we've got a couple wiseguys here don't we?

I never said it wasn't...

Old
12-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Everlong
-

I'd rather play lundmark and have belak in the press box. Atleast lundy isn't a liability out there every shift.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 02:39 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

1) We know NOTHING about a potential injury. Like the New England Patriots, most hockey teams are as secretive of their injuries as the Pentagon.

2) All players are playing hurt about this time and it's about this time the players realize the season is half over and it's time to rest up a little to get healthy for the Playoffs.

3) We are talking about Barry 'No need for a cervical neckbrace' Trotz. His forte is taking chicken **** and turning it into Chicken salad. When Lombardi went down the team had balance in the lines and they clicked. The team is on a 2 game losing streak when they just had a massive point scoring streak. Re-friggin-lax. If the team starts impersonating the Islanders then panic.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 02:48 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Why not call up Klasen for more scoring threat all around top 3 lines? And you could put him on the PP. He can switch his time with Dumont since he doesnt get much time anyway.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Why not call up Klasen for more scoring threat all around top 3 lines? And you could put him on the PP. He can switch his time with Dumont since he doesnt get much time anyway.
I've heard he's atrocious in the D zone. While I certainly wouldn't mind having him up here, I think Lundmark is much more likely to get the call. Personally, I hope that if we aren't going to bring Klasen up, we sign Mueller. He's scoring at almost the same pace as Klasen, but is (I've heard) better at D.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I've heard he's atrocious in the D zone. While I certainly wouldn't mind having him up here, I think Lundmark is much more likely to get the call. Personally, I hope that if we aren't going to bring Klasen up, we sign Mueller. He's scoring at almost the same pace as Klasen, but is (I've heard) better at D.
As you said, Klasen still needs to work on his all-around game and while tempting, simply isn't going to thrive in a role vacated here by Tootoo.

Mueller is a much more complete player that is definitely playing his way into an NHL contract (two-way deal) by this summer at the latest...

I'd prefer Lundmark, but Begin is more likely to get the call to replace Tootoo or even K. Wilson...

Old
12-24-2010, 12:24 AM
token grinder

to quote a friend...

we need to send a plane of teammates to russia and bring back radu brett favre style

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 03:05 AM
brah

How is Erat after that spill into the boards? I was only able to catch a few glimpses while I was at The Green House.

brah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 08:04 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Mueller's game is much more complete than Klasen's from what I saw, but he's on an AHL only deal. Begin is only good for 4th line/PK duty (why he didn't see the ice on the kill is beyond me).

Lundmark looks like the smart callup, followed by a roll of the dice with Klasen or Geoffrion if we need two forwards. That means we probably see Wilson and Begin.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
How is Erat after that spill into the boards? I was only able to catch a few glimpses while I was at The Green House.
Trotz said he honestly didn't have an update on either post game because they were each being evaluated. He listed them as questionable for St. Louis at this point till he got a further update. We'll likely know more after the holiday break.

Sullivan looked like he finally overdid whatever his lower body injury is (groin/hamstring) and wasn't really striding on his way back to the bench to head down the tunnel.

As 101st said, I think Lundmark and likely Klasen (due to Mueller's contract status) would be the appropriate recalls if Neither is able to play after the break. Got a legitimate scoring line role this time to give Klasen a chance. He'd likely start on the third scoring line (4th line), but you never know...

Geoffrion was called out recently by Trotz and the Nashville brass for needing to get back on track, I don't think he's in the recall mix right now.

Old
12-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Speculation: The Erat crash and burn wasn't particularly hard---seen plenty of guys hit much harder and bounce back up. I wouldn't be concerned were it not for the fact that Erat has been hurt with the back issue since the season began so I'm not overly optimistic. Sullivan had another non-contact injury. If I were to guess it might be a groin or some other muscle injury. I'm even less optimistic about him due to the fact that he's been fighting something for a little while (I'm guessing the same injury) and his age. Perhaps more concerning about both of these guys is Dr. Trotz had nothing to say---not even the normal "he's fine" or "day to day". My gut is telling me they'll both miss at least the St. Louis and Dallas games. Regarding Preds injuries this year, we haven't been surprised by the quick recovery, we've been surprised by how long guys have remained hurt and the dark cloud over my head says I shouldn't have any reason to think positively about Erat and Sullivan.

Assuming that both of these guys are on the shelf for now, Poile has no option now but to make a move (which I would have been advocating anyway before last night, but whatever). I looked at the MIL roster yesterday, before the Erat and Sullivan injuries, and not alot got me excited. Now, with last night's injuries in mind, there's still not alot to get excited about. Although I think having Belak as the only reserve is a total mistake, if he's on the team, then I have no problem at all with playing him the Blues game. In fact, if you're going to have Belak, he should dress for every Blues game given the nature of these games over the years. That means still needing one callup. For Dallas, Belak sits and you need two callups.

Who? I don't know. Like 101 said, it will be whoever doesn't fill the offensive needs for the team. Apparently Cal O is the latest resident of Trot'z doghouse, so I guess Lundmark makes the most sense for the first callup since they're not getting alot out of that position right now. If Lundmark can win a FO, then I'm sold. Klasen would bring the most offensive threat, but I don't think his game meets Trotz's standards defensively, and besides, he would be buried so far down in minutes, that it completely negates what he brings to the game. I've seen several games with Mueller over the years and from what I remember, he's a fairly aggressive offensive player who likes to shoot (somebody correct me here if I'm wrong). I think he could generate a little more offense which would be a good thing, but I can't really comment too much on his D. If he needs to get signed to a contract, do it.

The Preds "saved" their season with this nice little run they had recently. 4 home games, 12 road games coming up---'nuff said. The Preds need to take this opportunity not to just address potential injuries, but to bolster the team. Can't stay stuck in neutral.....

Old
12-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Sullivan, Erat, Klasen Update

Klasen recalled. Erat out. Sullivan in St. Louis to see a doctor.

Old
12-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Seth Lake

Klasen remaining in the lineup! Sullivan out 10-14 days minimum. Legwand skated today and is probable for Tuesday. Tootoo missed practice, but was excused for personal reasons today and will play tomorrow. Erat did not skate and no update on his condition, but will likely not play tomorrow...

Old
12-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Klasen remaining in the lineup! Sullivan out 10-14 days minimum. Legwand skated today and is probable for Tuesday. Tootoo missed practice, but was excused for personal reasons today and will play tomorrow. Erat did not skate and no update on his condition, but will likely not play tomorrow...
I just saw this update too. I still think they needed another callup. As I said elsewhere, I was totally fine for Belak playing against the Blues yesterday (actually all Blues games is fine with me), but he definitely should not be playing now. Klasen slotted in an offensive role as Trotz played him is good, but "probable" for Legwand doesn't mean "definitely" so the Preds are potentially going short again. Can't imagine Erat plays since he didn't practice. Legwand only adds defense even if he does play, so were is the offense going to come from with Erat and Sullivan missing and only the unproven Klasen "replacing" one of them?