HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Great White Spark"

Old
10-21-2010, 03:46 AM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
I totally agree. That is propaganda at its finest.

That being said... Now that this thread exists...

Wouldn't it be awesome if Todd White had a 4 point game tonight? OT winner. Something crazy good.

This thread would be an instant HF Boards classic.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 08:39 AM
msv957

vCash: 500
Well... It obvious White does have the hockey sense and talent as he did get 73 points just a 2 seasons ago. Granted, it was playing on a line with Kovalchuk but White has to at least get some credit here. White could be the stop gap player who steps up his game at this time to get the team through until the healthy players arrive... You just never know...

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 08:45 AM
terrrrrible

That line about the Kovalchuk thing had me cracking up. Our equivalent to Kovy would be Gaborik, and he's out right now. While I wouldn't be against experimenting with White on the top line with Gaborik and Frolov/Dubinsky, there's no way he gets anywhere close to that point total.

terrrrrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 09:08 AM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
The Official New York Rangers website isn't going to publish a peice about how much a guy sucks. Its the exact opposite of Brooks, all he does is ***** about what he doesn't like.

Its like a constant battle between government propaganda and conspiracist nutjobs. Nobody wins.
You couldn't have said it more perfectly...

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:23 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Boy, did he light it up tonight.

0 G, 0A, 0P, 0S, 2 PIM, 7:42 TOI

WOW!!!

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Unpredictable1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

WOW!!!
Who were his linemates again exactly?

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 11:01 PM
BKRangerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple McIlwraath View Post
Great White Spark...

La Flama Blanca???

I urge photoshoppers to do work here.

i picture white doing the "theres no I in team..." speech from a couple episodes ago

BKRangerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 11:04 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

At least White isn't a liability like Eminger.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:42 AM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

WOW!!!
I think White had relations with a special woman in your life. If you have a beef with the article...take it up with it's author.....why you're continually busting on White is beyond me. Level five clinger status almost.

HBN, I usually dig your posts, but you're riding this dude a bit hard. Not cool at all, Brosef.

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:28 AM
Scooter17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirts702 View Post
I think White had relations with a special woman in your life. If you have a beef with the article...take it up with it's author.....why you're continually busting on White is beyond me. Level five clinger status almost.

HBN, I usually dig your posts, but you're riding this dude a bit hard. Not cool at all, Brosef.
LOL. Who cares, White is insignificant.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 04:23 AM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter17 View Post
LOL. Who cares, White is insignificant.

Old
10-22-2010, 04:55 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:

You must be Todd White.?.?

It is absolutely inexcusable to be carrying you at a 2.5 million dollar cap hit.

As an undrafted player you put together a heck of a career, and its nothing personal against you, but you being here represents everything thats wrong with our GM, while providing no significant upgrade at any position even with our best player and 2 centers out of the line-up.

I'm open to convincing though, so please tell me what you bring to this organization?

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 04:57 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
I think White had relations with a special woman in your life.

Todd White is sexing a special woman in all our lives, her name is the salary cap, and he's ****** her errbody!

Old
10-22-2010, 05:17 AM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Todd White is sexing a special woman in all our lives, her name is the salary cap, and he's ****** her errbody!
Is that supposed to be funny? Pray tell, how exactly is White hampering the cap situation? He can be sent down at ANY time.

This fan base scapegoats way to many players and frankly, I'm tired of reading it. The guy hasn't been great, not even good, but he hasn't been a liability either.

He played 8 minutes or so for F sakes. SOME of you guys act like he's the number one center and he's flubbing everything up. Try and get some perspective, hmmm?

There are lots of other things to worry about. Todd White's 8 minutes isn't one of them.

Old
10-22-2010, 05:18 AM
BlueShirts702

Quote:

It is absolutely inexcusable to be carrying you at a 2.5 million dollar cap hit.

As an undrafted player you put together a heck of a career, and its nothing personal against you, but you being here represents everything thats wrong with our GM, while providing no significant upgrade at any position even with our best player and 2 centers out of the line-up.

I'm open to convincing though, so please tell me what you bring to this organization?
Cool story, Bro.

Old
10-22-2010, 06:04 AM
Vitto79

it's inevitable that White is waived just depends on when in the year it occurs.

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:17 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Todd White can't keep up with speed and pace of the game. Torts put him out there on a 4 on 4 and had him killing penalties last night. White was in the neutral zone and Leafs players who were in their offensive zone were blowing right past him. Is it Doug Risebrough who recommended White to Sather? Riser had White in Minny. White is a nice man but he can't play in the NHL anymore. Tim Kennedy at $550,000 would have been a far more useful player. That move and the move to keep 5 RD are mind boggling moves by the Rangers. White had very good offensive numbers two years ago. It was two years ago. Torts talks about putting White in more offensive situations but has White with Boogaard and Boyle who is a better option at center than White. The Rangers moved Brashear's 35 plus contract and Rissmiller for White's contract. Just complete the move and assign White to the AHL.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 07:27 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Is that supposed to be funny? Pray tell, how exactly is White hampering the cap situation? He can be sent down at ANY time.

This fan base scapegoats way to many players and frankly, I'm tired of reading it. The guy hasn't been great, not even good, but he hasn't been a liability either.

He played 8 minutes or so for F sakes. SOME of you guys act like he's the number one center and he's flubbing everything up. Try and get some perspective, hmmm?

There are lots of other things to worry about. Todd White's 8 minutes isn't one of them.
You must not have read my post fully or something. I have nothing against Todd White.

But like you mentioned he's played 8 minutes of hockey for us this season. His cap hit is 2.35 million dollars. This team has needs and none of them other than depth are being met by Todd White. We could have that kind of depth for much cheaper and by someone much younger.

How this team can have 1.6 million tied up in an enforcer it wont play more than 4 minutes a night, and a usually healthy scratch at 2.35 million and your not outraged is beyond me. That 4 million dollars could be spent on a guy who can score goals or match up with staal on our top d line.

Cap management is killing this team, and Todd White is poor cap management. Sorry this urts your feelings.

Old
10-22-2010, 07:29 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Cool story, Bro.
And you mock my post, but conveniently ignore the part where I asked for one redeeming quality of why White should be on the roster????

and your sick of these boards, lol

Old
10-22-2010, 08:11 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
At least White isn't a liability like Eminger.
Until I realized the glass was shorter than normal in Toronto I was pretty furious about that delay of game penalty he took. Those are always inexcusable.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:12 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:

Who cares about White's cap hit right now? He's making the money either way and we have ~$15 million in cap space with Gaborik, Drury and Prospal all on IR

Old
10-22-2010, 08:15 AM
RangerFan10

IMO, the reason White is still on this team is because someone has to take faceoffs. And we can all act like Tim Kennedy was the best thing since sliced bread, but fact of the matter is he probably isn't all that good at faceoffs. I'll be VERY surprised if White finishes the year on our roster. I saw Torts go with White in a lot of key faceoff situations last night, situations he'd usually go with Drury. I don't think the trust is there with Anisimov, Dubinsky or Boyle to win those faceoffs, and he can't roll Christensen everytime he needs a win in the faceoff circle.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:06 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Who cares about White's cap hit right now? He's making the money either way and we have ~$15 million in cap space with Gaborik, Drury and Prospal all on IR
Actually thats not true, unless a guy is on LTIR his cap hit counts. If they are placed on LTIR they are ok to go over without penalty, as long as its not by more than the cap hit of the LTIR player.

Either way though, these are all players we expect to keep, if white isnt an everyday player for this club, then yes, i think we are wasting that 2.35 million when it could be used toward a guy that will play everyday

Old
10-22-2010, 03:58 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Got nothing against White-

Just the Rangers PR staff and the root of the reason hes here. I'll ride him like Seabiscuit all season long if I have to, but i probably wont because he wont be in lineup very much.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote